Why Daryl Johnston says firing Jason Garrett would 'sabotage' the Cowboys

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That’s fine. Garrett deserves some criticism for his Game Day gaffs but he also deserves credit for some of the positive elements and assets he’s presented to our dysfunctional football organization in which he’s a product of remaining a contributing factor to the failures and successes not the sole cause.

How about that? We agree on something!
:thumbup:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We’re all noise in an opinion driven forum.

Time and time again. You have one silly example of a poll which is impossible to find a link to. If I’m not allowed to present in such fashion then I regret using it and we can rule it as insignificant evidence and heresay at best.

Fine. I'll accept your apology and we can move on to a more productive conversation.

Fire407

Reaction score
The bad news is it ultimately Jerry’s call. And worse news could be the next HC. Time will tell. Bashing Garrett isn’t going to influence. You need to root for a total collapse.
So what if the next head coach is worse? He should get three years to get the team to the playoffs. If he doesn't, then he should be replaced, kind of like every other team in the league would do. Garrett got a super long pass because Jerry sees him as family.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Is that your word of the day "ego"? That cute.

Especially when you're apparently unaware of the "ego" of Jerry Jones and family and the people you're struggling to defend.

:lmao:

Nobody will say Jones doesn't have a big ego, but the the tiny fraction of Cowboys fans world wide that here claim to be speaking for most or the majority of Cowboys fans that want Garrett fired have egos 10 times bigger than the one Jones has.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Last time I checked it's the team that wins and loses. Coaches coach the players that are given to him.

Then why have one? You seem hellbent on absolving him of any and all accountability, empty the chair entirely. The man obviously doesn't do anything.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
35%alotted. How many ticket holders sell their seats? Scalpers etc? There is no home field advantage in that stadium so it’s not really an exaggeration!

When you get some actual proof, actual numbers to back your obvious bias against the Cowboys then and only then will your exaggerated claims of Cowboys home games have more visiting fans than Cowboys fans have some merit. Here's a tip for you, if what you said is true EVERY media would have had countless stories about that and every home game during the pregame on FOX they would make some kind of comment about they're playing in Dallas but it's not a home game. Go to whatever site that your actual favorite team has and I'm sure you'd get a lot of likes for your exaggerated claims.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Then why have one? You seem hellbent on absolving him of any and all accountability, empty the chair entirely. The man obviously doesn't do anything.

I've never said Garrett hasn't made mistakes. News Flash...... ALL COACHES MAKE MISTAKES, especially first time head coaches. I also never said Garrett does nothing. I did say that the players win or lose games and coaches coach the players he's given. I've said many times before that before any fingers get pointed at the coach they players need to be looked at first. The coach doesn't miss blocks and tackles. The coach doesn't drop passes or fumbles the ball. The coach doesn't get called for false starts, holding, pass interference, late hits on QB's or any other penalties called on players. All of those things that the coach doesn't do have a huge impact on the outcome of every game yet some here want to immediately point the finger at Garrett.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
So what if the next head coach is worse? He should get three years to get the team to the playoffs. If he doesn't, then he should be replaced, kind of like every other team in the league would do. Garrett got a super long pass because Jerry sees him as family.
IMO it’s bigger than that. Jerry sees Garrett as a perfect coach and situation for him to recieve the credit he’s been pushing since Jimmy left.

Jerry doesn’t appear interesting in winning unless he’s getting the credit he didn’t recieve with Jimmy. Garrett has had just enough success for Jerry to stay the course. Plus he doesn’t demand the control or have the ego of a big name coach.

Again all perfect situations for Jerry who can sell mediocrity but not 3 straight 5-11 or 1-7 and coming with scapegoats to keep his agenda in place. Jerry wore tired of the criticism of churning out coaches every 3 or 4 years so this is his answer.

Unfortunately until Jerry gives it up or we hit rock bottom again or revenue drips drastically I seriously don’t see any major changes coming. This is who we are now with Jerry passionate intent to prove he’s the Football Guy. God help us in this most unusual dysfunctional situation Jerry has created with our beloved franchise.

And why Garrett is like my last hope until Jerry dies.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've never said Garrett hasn't made mistakes. News Flash...... ALL COACHES MAKE MISTAKES, especially first time head coaches. I also never said Garrett does nothing. I did say that the players win or lose games and coaches coach the players he's given. I've said many times before that before any fingers get pointed at the coach they players need to be looked at first. The coach doesn't miss blocks and tackles. The coach doesn't drop passes or fumbles the ball. The coach doesn't get called for false starts, holding, pass interference, late hits on QB's or any other penalties called on players. All of those things that the coach doesn't do have a huge impact on the outcome of every game yet some here want to immediately point the finger at Garrett.

No, the coach is only responsible for "coaching" his players not to make those mistakes.

Garrett has had more than enough time. And more than enough quality players.

The lie that he hasn't is just that - a lie.

Pro Bowler after Pro Bowler have come and gone though here under him. Hall of Famers in fact. All held back by a coach who has never brought enough X's and O's ability to enable them to perform to the utmost of their abilities.

He's failed them.

And now guys like Tony Romo and Jason Witten have to live with that.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No, the coach is only responsible for "coaching" his players not to make those mistakes.

Garrett has had more than enough time. And more than enough quality players.

The lie that he hasn't is just that - a lie.

Pro Bowler after Pro Bowler have come and gone though here under him. Hall of Famers in fact. All held back by a coach who has never brought enough X's and O's ability to enable them to perform to the utmost of their abilities.

He's failed them.

And now guys like Tony Romo and Jason Witten have to live with that.
Jerry is the one who has failed them and admittedly so. He’s responsible for Garrett and all of the coaching decisions which has handicapped our franchise.

No one this Era has anynore success than Garrett including a HOFamer, one of best DC this era and other coaches with much more experience than Garrett.

Our issue stems much deeper than HC which is merely a product of the dysfunctional situation Jerry has created .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Until Jerry is ready to step down as GM and bring in a legit replacement and then bring in a proven or up an coming HC and give him and them absolute control we have little hope and why other successful franchises are not running their teams in this fashion. It leaves us totally at the mercy of the type of coaching situations we’ve had which is not set up for success.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
lmao... so it's Jerry's fault for hiring the idiot who isn't a X and O coach, so don't expect Jason to do anything because it's Jerry's fault... crap get's old..try that crap at work.. "well joe blow hired me and he sucks, so don't expect me to be able to do my job good"........ smh

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If you have a driver who keeps wrecking the truck , who’s fault is it if he’s still driving?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Who’s the bigger problem? The guy who took the job or the guy who hired him and won’t fire him?

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
why then make excuses for him. Don't expect him to do anything.. drum roll because Jerry hired him.. so maybe he can get a chair like in my signature

Diehardblues

Reaction score
lmao... so it's Jerry's fault for hiring the idiot who isn't a X and O coach, so don't expect Jason to do anything because it's Jerry's fault... crap get's old..try that crap at work.. "well joe blow hired me and he sucks, so don't expect me to be able to do my job good"........ smh
Why wouldn’t the boss fire Joe blow if he suked so bad?

Maybe the boss is the bigger idiot or problem if he continues hiring guys who can’t get the job done and or interfering.

Firing Garrett doesn’t dig out the root of the problem. You’ll feel better and it will go away temporarily like mowing over it but the weed will surface again.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
how many years before you expect him to be able to do his job. or does the Jerry excuse cover him for a life time..

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
so when the players start sucking can we use "the Jason" excuse. "we it's not his fault, he's being coached by a bad HC" so let's give him time he might be able to figure out how to get better on his own. lmao