Why Daryl Johnston says firing Jason Garrett would 'sabotage' the Cowboys

Diehardblues

Reaction score
why then make excuses for him. Don't expect him to do anything.. drum roll because Jerry hired him.. so maybe he can get a chair like in my signature
So, if I stop providing why I believe Jerry has stayed with Garrett that’s somehow going to improve the situation?

I honestly believe Jason is helping the otherwise hopeless dysfunctional situation we have with Jerry. Is it enough. Nope!!

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
"Dez could have been great, we just didn't let him learn how to run routes on his own" it's Jason's fault

Diehardblues

Reaction score
"Dez could have been great, we just didn't let him learn how to run routes on his own" it's Jason's fault
We’re all frustrated and it all stems from the dysfunction Jerry has bestowed on this franchise.

Blame who you must but it’s not going to change much as we’ve seen for over 2 decades.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Why Daryl Johnston says firing Jason Garrett would 'sabotage' the Cowboys. he's still pissed at Jerry for not paying him much.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
naw I was thinking he said it to hamper the Cowboys and Jerry for years for not getting paid when he played

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry is the one who has failed them and admittedly so. He’s responsible for Garrett and all of the coaching decisions which has handicapped our franchise.

Sure he did. He hired the guy.

No one this Era has anynore success than Garrett including a HOFamer, one of best DC this era and other coaches with much more experience than Garrett.

And this means what?

Our issue stems much deeper than HC which is merely a product of the dysfunctional situation Jerry has created .

Our issues include the head coach.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Sure he did. He hired the guy.

And this means what?

Our issues include the head coach.
Of course they include the HC but what did we have before and what might we have after?

Our issues are much deeper than HC with Jerry’s ways.

Until we dig the root out the weed will continue blooming out after mowing it over.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Of course they include the HC but what did we have before and what might we have after?

Our issues are much deeper than HC with Jerry’s ways.

Until we dig the root out the weed will continue blooming out after mowing it over.

They definitely don't help.

But they also don't erase Garrett's own shortcomings and mistakes. And the role he has played in this team's failure to win a championship.

aria

Reaction score
I've never said Garrett hasn't made mistakes. News Flash...... ALL COACHES MAKE MISTAKES, especially first time head coaches. I also never said Garrett does nothing. I did say that the players win or lose games and coaches coach the players he's given. I've said many times before that before any fingers get pointed at the coach they players need to be looked at first. The coach doesn't miss blocks and tackles. The coach doesn't drop passes or fumbles the ball. The coach doesn't get called for false starts, holding, pass interference, late hits on QB's or any other penalties called on players. All of those things that the coach doesn't do have a huge impact on the outcome of every game yet some here want to immediately point the finger at Garrett.
You left out injuries, Romo going down twice before the final game (one time the week before, the other time a few weeks before) a win and in the playoffs game can’t be controlled by the coach nor were the horrendous back up QB’s he was left to work with. Also, the majority of the season they were left with Weeden and Cassel due to ANOTHER Romo injury certainly didn’t help. Then Romo comes back and during his first game of that same season he gets injured AGAIN when surprisingly enough we still had a chance to win the division. Lol, you can’t make this stuff up, sad but true.

I’m not saying we would have made the playoffs every year Romo didn’t get hurt but I would bet good money we would have been in 2 out of 3 of those years which would have looked much different on JG’s resume. That would have meant 4 of 7 years (once with a rookie QB and RB) which isn’t too shabby.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
They definitely don't help.

But they also don't erase Garrett's own shortcomings and mistakes. And the role he has played in this team's failure to win a championship.
His role isn’t the biggest role just a product of it.

Unless of course we’ve been witnessing a championship team less a HC? Is that what you believe ?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It’s easy to critic our situation but it’s much tougher to come up viable solutions.

Givin Jerry’s ways , the hindrances and obstacles his agendas present how would you propose to overcome it?

What coaches are coming here without the control they’d have elsewhere with the meddling of an owner/GM?

Fire407

Reaction score
I was reviewing the horrible start to the season that got Wade fired. I remember seeing this moment as it unfolded. The Cowboys were playing the Commanders and right before halftime Dallas got the ball back with just a few seconds on the clock. Wade wanted Romo to take a knee and go into halftime with a 7 point lead. But the OC and Assistant Head Coach decided to run a play where Romo would throw the ball behind the line of scrimmage. The pass was dropped and the Commanders picked up the ball and ran it in for a touchdown. Dallas lost the game 13-7 and Wade was obviously responsible for the loss. Whether he was trying to or not, Garrett was able to sabotage Wade. As someone mentioned in a previous thread, the Wade's defense kept Dallas in every game except the Green Bay game. Again, I'm not saying they should have kept Wade, but I felt at the time that they should have cleaned house and fired Garrett as well since he was at least somewhat responsible for the losses. Instead of getting fired, Garrett got promoted. What a BS move. I hate seeing what Jerry is doing to my childhood team. I want the Cowboys to win every season, but I also want Garrett to lose. I hate being put in this situation.