Why Daryl Johnston says firing Jason Garrett would 'sabotage' the Cowboys

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
He’s an above average coach, he manages well the team well, he motivates his players( they always play hard), he commands his room as shown on all or nothing, all good qualities for a coach.
Fair enough, brother.

I wholeheartedly disagree with literally everything you've said in this thread, but fair enough, Dre. It's rare when two people agree on everything :)

waving monkey

Reaction score
Garrett will get all the time that he needs. It may be another seven years but the entertainment value will be will worth it.

conner01

Reaction score
So tell me, why do you think he’s the coach if he so bad? Do you think Stephen and Jerry don’t want to win?...lol
I have no doubt Jerry wants to win
And he’s convinced Jason is a good coach
But wanting to win and winning is not the same thing
Jerry wanted to be the GM but after many failures he has began to listen to others

cml750

Reaction score
On a recent radio interview, Daryl Johnston suggested that firing Jason Garrett would "sabotage" the Cowboys and that he needs more "time".

Time?

Garrett has been head coach for seven and a half years. How much more time does he need?

I think Moose took too many shots to the head.
Just another 20 years of process. It is a VERY long "process".

Dre11

Reaction score
"Nepotism" is what caused the Cowboys to keep him. Nepotism is, also, what is causing the Cowboys to retain most of the key personnel in the front office. Disgusting.

False, they kept him because they believe in him, they kept him because the impulsive firings wasn’t working, they kept him because the team stays competitive. That’s not nepotism.
Now, as most have said he may need a good season to keep his job.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
On a recent radio interview, Daryl Johnston suggested that firing Jason Garrett would "sabotage" the Cowboys and that he needs more "time".

Time?

Garrett has been head coach for seven and a half years. How much more time does he need?

I think Moose took too many shots to the head.

LOL............he does need more time. Because as of now he is still terrible. :lmao2::lmao:

Dre11

Reaction score
I have no doubt Jerry wants to win
And he’s convinced Jason is a good coach
But wanting to win and winning is not the same thing
Jerry wanted to be the GM but after many failures he has began to listen to others

Which could include the coach.

Dre11

Reaction score
The only thing I know that is FACT and no one can argue about is that the Eagles, Giants, and Skins love Garrett..............

No they don’t, because he’s dominated the skins, and held his own vs the eagles and Giants.
9-7 vs Giants,8-8 vs Eagles,11-5 vs skins

Last edited:

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
The simple explanation would be he needs to finish building the defense, specifically the D-Line similarly the way he did the o-line minus a bunch of 1st round picks of course...

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The simple explanation would be he needs to finish building the defense, specifically the D-Line similarly the way he did the o-line minus a bunch of 1st round picks of course...

Garrett doesnt roster build.

Dre11

Reaction score
The only thing I know that is FACT and no one can argue about is that the Eagles, Giants, and Skins love Garrett..............

So since you have no clue , 11-5 vs skins, 9-7 vs the Giants, 8-8 vs Eagles, yeah I’m sure they love him...lol