Why Daryl Johnston says firing Jason Garrett would 'sabotage' the Cowboys

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Yes. By proxy.

Winning is secondary for our hydra-ownership. I think they want to be billionaire celebrities, foremost. And the cover of Forbes most valuable sports franchise, annually.
"BULLSEYE,,,:thumbup:"

* yet,I'm 'feeling' JJ is redoubling his efforts in attempting to keep his flagship brand currently relevant,,,o_O

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The argument that the players on the current Cowboys team and anyone in the current organization likes or thinks Garett is a great coach is nonsensical. Like they would actually say he sucks while actually playing for him or being on his staff. :rolleyes:

Hadenough

Reaction score
“Jason Garrett, in my opinion, moving forward gives Dallas the best opportunity. They’ve got that window right now with a quarterback and a very talented running back on rookie contracts. To make a change right now, that would be sabotage to that organization. Keep everything in place, take a run with this window that’s there.”

Its complete sabotage to NOT fire him! Garretts inability to coach and adjust has held this team back if anything! The thing about Garrett is he has pissed away his chances and Moose thinks he should make run with the guys he has here. Im ready to fire the guy right now! But this organization keeps thinking things will change when Garrett has done nothing to improve himself. One step in getting better is recognizing your own faults and he is in denial. I can see where all this heading and its going to be another excuse filled season on why this team failed to make the playoffs and Garrett is gonna buy himself more time. Jerry will say well we dont see any reason to change because there is nobody were interested in. We like Jason!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
“Jason Garrett, in my opinion, moving forward gives Dallas the best opportunity. They’ve got that window right now with a quarterback and a very talented running back on rookie contracts. To make a change right now, that would be sabotage to that organization. Keep everything in place, take a run with this window that’s there.”

Its complete sabotage to NOT fire him! Garretts inability to coach and adjust has held this team back if anything! The thing about Garrett is he has pissed away his chances and Moose thinks he should make run with the guys he has here. Im ready to fire the guy right now! But this organization keeps thinking things will change when Garrett has done nothing to improve himself. One step in getting better is recognizing your own faults and he is in denial. I can see where all this heading and its going to be another excuse filled season on why this team failed to make the playoffs and Garrett is gonna buy himself more time. Jerry will say well we dont see any reason to change because there is nobody were interested in. We like Jason!

There's the truth of it, and the facts that Moose Johnston clearly misses. Garrett's coaching deficiencies and ineptitude are ultimately what closes those windows, not anything that keeps them open.

Look no further than the wasted Cowboys careers of Ware, Witten, and Romo. Hall of Fame caliber players whose careers were weighted down by the anchor of a head coach who was never capable of doing the job he was gifted.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There’s basically a small minority of fans bashing Garrett. They’re just very vocal . Reminds me of the Romo bashing .

The majority of fans while addressing their concerns of his weaknesses and Game Day gaffs do recognize his other assets to the team and his positive influence with Jerry, the better decisions, team we’re building and culture change overall.

Has it produced all of the results we’d like ? No, but without a sounder solution most aren’t ready to abort how far we’ve come for the unknown. Will there need to be greater results at some point? Time will tell.

Yeah, you keep running with that lie. Maybe if you type it enough times you'll actually believe it yourself.

It's funny how you'll spend so much time on a "fan forum" while trying to undermine everyone else's credibility here. Hypocritical much?

All the while, nobody brings less to support their position than you do.

The fact is that you're one of three people still clinging to the Titanic that is Jason Garrett. It is you and those other two people that are the "small minority."

John813

Reaction score
Vibing the same, Alex, and maybe I'm being an arse, but I can't take those questions, the way they are posed, seriously. Especially using the braintrust as the example/affirmation of why JG is allowed to captain the ship.

No Dre is like this. Truly likes Garrett/really optimistic about Cowboys.At least from what I remember from the Ranch.

Anywho, PUSU time for Garrett this year.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
There's the truth of it, and the facts that Moose Johnston clearly misses. Garrett's coaching deficiencies and ineptitude are ultimately what closes those windows, not anything that keeps them open.

Look no further than the wasted Cowboys careers of Ware, Witten, and Romo. Hall of Fame caliber players whose careers were weighted down by the anchor of a head coach who was never capable of doing the job he was gifted.
Actually those careers were also wasted under Bill and Wade and why Jerry takes responsibility for not building a better team around them.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yeah, you keep running with that lie. Maybe if you type it enough times you'll actually believe it yourself.

It's funny how you'll spend so much time on a "fan forum" while trying to undermine everyone else's credibility here. Hypocritical much?

All the while, nobody brings less to support their position than you do.

The fact is that you're one of three people still clinging to the Titanic that is Jason Garrett. It is you and those other two people that are the "small minority."
I would describe Jerry as the Titanic. Jason is attempting to steer thru the icebergs.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Actually those careers were also wasted under Bill and Wade and why Jerry takes responsibility for not building a better team around them.

They spent three to four years under Parcells while he was rebuilding a ruined team. The prime years were wasted while Garrett tried and failed to fill the head coach role he was gifted.

And if not for Parcells, none of that talent would have even been here for Garrett to squander.

Another nice try.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No Dre is like this. Truly likes Garrett/really optimistic about Cowboys.At least from what I remember from the Ranch.

Anywho, PUSU time for Garrett this year.

I think that's what most sane fans can agree upon.

Garrett's obviously getting the 2018 season. But if he again fails to produce - specifically playoffs and a victory or two - than it's time to make a change.

It's hardly out of bounds to expect results and accountability.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The Garrett haters out in force on CZ. I complete agree with "the Moose". Some fans can't let that opinion go unchallenged because that's just how little they are mentally. :muttley:

Sydla

Reaction score
I think that's what most sane fans can agree upon.

Garrett's obviously getting the 2018 season. But if he again fails to produce - specifically playoffs and a victory or two - than it's time to make a change.

It's hardly out of bounds to expect results and accountability.

Those sane fans are really just a small minority!

giphy.gif