Why, despite the Washington loss, we are more than fine in the long run

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Yes, the Washington loss was awful, inexcusable, and flat out embarrassing. However...

Our next four games are against teams that are vastly inferior to the last 3 weve played. We should beat Cincy, Arizona and St. Louis all by double digits, and Tampa Bay certainly doesnt strike fear into anyone. Assuming we dont trip up (I think this last loss woke us up to the point where we won't) we will be 7-1 headed into the Meadowlands, where we will likely face a 6-1 Giants team as well (they play both Philly and Pittsburgh between now and then, I doubt they win both). We've won their two years in a row. Even if we lose, we head into the bye at 7-2.

After the bye, we get Washington followed by Seattle and San Francisco. We will go at least 2-1 in those three, bringing our record to 9-3 at worst. We finish off the year against Pittsburgh, New York, Baltimore and Philly. Baltimore, who will be out of the playoff picture at this point, shouldnt be too difficult. Winning one of the other 3 puts us at 11-5.

Assuming we lose every "tough" game we have left (and we almost certainly wont) we still finish at 10-6, and even in the NFC East that probably gets you in. Thats the worst case scenario. Anyone with any objectivity would have a hard time assigning us more than 5 losses.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
And around and around we go.

Going on a winning streak during regular season doesnt mean "we are fine" or "we are going to be fine"

We are at the point where "how we win" is more important.

There is work to do. If we start winning Wade will go on cruise control and will be one and done again in playoffs.

Skinsmaniac

Boycotting Snyder since 2009
Reaction score
10-6 might not be enough. Remember that every NFC East team gets to play the NFC West and AFC North, so those easy games on your schedule are on ours as well.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
So beating "vastly inferior" teams with the talent we have makes you feel ok?

Boysboy

Reaction score
I got news for y'all-we ARE 3-1. Prior to the Skins' loss, we WERE 3-0.

The sky's not falling, it never fell, and was never falling. It's a marathon season, and **** happens sometimes. We also had gut-wrenching losses under Jimmy Johnson and Tom Landry as well.

Let's move on.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2306112 said:
So beating "vastly inferior" teams with the talent we have makes you feel ok?

So going 0-4 this month makes you feel better knowing we should play MUCH BETTER teams instead??:confused:

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Boysboy;2306118 said:
So going 0-4 this month makes you feel better knowing we should play MUCH BETTER teams instead??:confused:

Hmmmm where did I say that?

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Skinsmaniac;2306111 said:
10-6 might not be enough. Remember that every NFC East team gets to play the NFC West and AFC North, so those easy games on your schedule are on ours as well.

Washington isnt as good as Dallas, New York or Philly, though

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
We will go 12-4 just like I said before the season started, with an outside shot at 13-3. We were due a loss and in the long run it might turn out to be a good thing. We had gotten far too much hype so early in the season. A loss like this will make the players work harder in practice and on game day. It's just simple human nature. Did I like losing to the Foreskins, especially at home? Hell no!!!!!!! But, we do get to see them again later in the season. Don't you think we'll be foaming at the mouth when that game comes around? I do. Until then, we just need to take each game as it comes and continue to get better. Not saying it won't happen, but does anyone really expect to lose any of the next 4 games? Me neither and 7-1 sounds pretty good to me.

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;2306103 said:
Yes, the Washington loss was awful, inexcusable, and flat out embarrassing. However...

Our next four games are against teams that are vastly inferior to the last 3 weve played. We should beat Cincy, Arizona and St. Louis all by double digits, and Tampa Bay certainly doesnt strike fear into anyone. Assuming we dont trip up (I think this last loss woke us up to the point where we won't) we will be 7-1 headed into the Meadowlands, where we will likely face a 6-1 Giants team as well (they play both Philly and Pittsburgh between now and then, I doubt they win both). We've won their two years in a row. Even if we lose, we head into the bye at 7-2.

After the bye, we get Washington followed by Seattle and San Francisco. We will go at least 2-1 in those three, bringing our record to 9-3 at worst. We finish off the year against Pittsburgh, New York, Baltimore and Philly. Baltimore, who will be out of the playoff picture at this point, shouldnt be too difficult. Winning one of the other 3 puts us at 11-5.

Assuming we lose every "tough" game we have left (and we almost certainly wont) we still finish at 10-6, and even in the NFC East that probably gets you in. Thats the worst case scenario. Anyone with any objectivity would have a hard time assigning us more than 5 losses.

This conversation is beneath us. It's a conversation for the 2006 Cowboys. I'm not worrying about who we should or could beat.

Not counting W's and L's and speculating on winning 4 of the next 5 or 10 of our last 12.

WE ARE THE BEST TEAM IN FOOTBALL!

We(the cowboys) just have to focus on playing our best football.

If we do that we will win all of our remaining regular season and post-season games.