Why didn't Flozell Adam's get suspended?

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I recall Flozell ripping a guys helmet off and using it as a weapon in a scrimmage vs Denver years ago...yet nothing became of it. So there is a precedent for Garrett not being suspended. Will be interesting to see how long the suspension will be.

RodeoJake

Reaction score
I recall Flozell ripping a guys helmet off and using it as a weapon in a scrimmage vs Denver years ago...yet nothing became of it. So there is a precedent for Garrett not being suspended. Will be interesting to see how long the suspension will be.

Times have changed. The NFL is trying to rid itself of extracurricular violence.

John813

Reaction score
It was a practice/scrimmage. The embarrassment for the NFL for a practice scuffle vs a national TV scuffle involving a helmet used as a weapon is a big difference.
Also, the timeframe for both is one was pre-concussion scandal and post concussion scandal.

Does he connect to the head?
Probably does, but it's blocked by other players coming in.

Besides, how can you suspend a Hotel?

visionary

Reaction score

Flozell never played for Boise State so it wasn’t in the interest of the NFL
:popcorn:

glimmerman

Reaction score
Who got suspended. Garrett.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Different times different results, even after the Ray Rice thing things have dramatically changed.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
This kind of thing happens every year in offseason camps and practice. But I’ve never seen it in a game. The league will probably reinstate him in the offseason but I wouldn’t be surprised to see him miss a few games next season.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
That apostrophe is not only misplaced, it’s also completely unnecessary. Double fail.

I'm often guilty of this. I do it all the time, in fact. I suspect it's because I watched too much Star Trek as a kid.

"Spock, I can't, keep my hands off this Alien Babe, she is gamorgious, warp speed Scotty!"

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I'm often guilty of this. I do it all the time, in fact. I suspect it's because I watched too much Star Trek as a kid.

"Spock, I can't, keep my hands off this Alien Babe, she is gamorgious, warp speed Scotty!"

"Gamorgious"

cowboyec

Reaction score
I remember Raiders LB Matt Millen doing the same thing to Patriots GM after Pats up-set win in the play-offs back in '85 or '86.
miss those days.