CFZ Why Do Fans Keep Trying To Cut Jourdan Lewis?

817Gill

Reaction score
I really don’t get it. We just saw how important CB depth was last year and now we want to cut a dependable vet CB?

Assuming he can return to form (obviously if he’s not the same guy this doesn’t apply), that gives us a 4 deep CB room that can withstand multiple injuries.

Mukuamu is not a full time CB, he’s a Swiss Army knife. Counting on him to step in and be a pure CB in the event of an injury is dicey. Joseph and Wright don’t inspire nearly enough confidence to cut Lewis, and Scott is a rook.

Y’all wanna go veteran dumpster diving in December if we have an injury? Did y’all not see how a lack of CB depth can greatly affect a defense? Is 4.7M of cap space we won’t use more important than having insurance and depth at an important position?

So many keep suggesting this as if the team is going to take 4M and bring back a stud. Lewis’s depth and vet dependability is much more valuable to us than 4M in savings.

If Bland gets hurt, who the heck is our starting slot CB? Without Lewis, we wouldn’t even have the slightest clue let alone be confident it won’t be an issue. Dude got injured on a sweet instinctual pick last season, he’s not great but he’s definitely got some game and experience. Cutting him makes little sense.

817Gill

Reaction score
I don't get it either. He isn't a big stat guy but covers well in the slot. Solid starter and should be on the 53.
If anything, just having the insurance is clutch. To those who want him cut, who’s your starting slot if Bland is hurt? CB room is an injury away from a weak link being on the field. Lewis protects against that and will likely be called on at some point due to injury, let alone in dime packages that CB4 gets snaps in.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
I wouldn't cut him. But I could be sold on it if you told me that the $3.7m or so you save by cutting him and replacing him with cheaper talent also meant adding another capable WR, I would do that. That math just isn't really necessary.

Havic

Reaction score
I think it’s a combo of bland playing so well in the slot and I think Lewis had to have a second clean up surgery because the first did not go well. If Lewis can return to form I think he is great depth and would not release

JayFord

Reaction score
Cowboys fans will cut anyone from Diggs to Parsons to Lamb just because they had one bad play in week 6 of a blowout game that we won

anyways if Lewis got cut I wouldnt be mad...I want to keep him but is he willing to be the 4th or split time with Bland? because he'd be a depth player (which we need) but is that the role hes willing to take?

Havic

Reaction score
Cowboys fans will cut anyone from Diggs to Parsons to Lamb just because they had one bad play in week 6 of a blowout game that we won

anyways if Lewis got cut I wouldnt be mad...I want to keep him but is he willing to be the 4th or split time with Bland? because he'd be a depth player (which we need) but is that the role hes willing to take?
Also depends on Anthony browns health also. I’d like to keep him if brown won’t be ready

HungryLion

Reaction score
They like the idea of being one injury away from Kelvin Joseph or nahshon Wright starting

JayFord

Reaction score
They like the idea of being one injury away from Kelvin Joseph or nahshon Wright starting
Both of em need to be solid depth if anyone goes down and if im the GM they have until the 3rd game of preseason to show they can do that or be traded or flat out cut depending on whats owed

conner01

Reaction score
Because fans are dumb. Let’s get rid of good football players!! We saw last year what it’s like when you don’t have enough Corners.
We lucked out last year because bland came in and filled nicely
But you need at least 4 starter quality CB because the odds are you will use all of them at some point
It would be different if you had another guy to replace him