Why do they really have wear masks?

Discussion in 'Coronavirus Zone' started by HowardC, Dec 28, 2020.

1. John813

John813 Well-Known Member

16,099 Messages
    22,401 Likes Received
    That and the NFL can turn around and say they cared about player safety and trying to minimize the spread when possible.
    Just in case an outbreak was pinned down to a Sunday game where player #53 got rona from a girl named Destiny and he got 20 players sick by walking up and down the sidelines for 3 hours.

kskboys and DakPresgoat like this.
  2. DakPresgoat

DakPresgoat Well-Known Member

18,217 Messages
    39,807 Likes Received

Yeah. Liability reduction is a major component, always.

There’s a reason some in Congress were trying to change the liability laws recently because of covid.

John813 likes this.
  3. DakPresgoat

18,217 Messages
    39,807 Likes Received

Sure. I do believe it’s a major part of it.

And again, I go back to my prior point of. There’s really no negative drawback to doing it. Like if there was some negative or risk in making players, coaches and refs wear masks, then they would have to weigh those risks from any possible benefit.

since there really is no negative to enforcing a mask rule. Why not? Even if the benefit is only small?

LACowboysFan1 likes this.
  4. Flamma

Flamma Well-Known Member

9,502 Messages
    8,222 Likes Received
    I agree 100%. There's no risk and it can only help. But it is done with PR in mind.

Ranching, kskboys and DakPresgoat like this.
  5. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

37,801 Messages
    7,537 Likes Received
    Pretty much. The NFL and NFLPA agreed these were the terms of the season. Billions of dollars, or potentially cancel the season because they couldn't agree to terms.

6. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

37,801 Messages
    7,537 Likes Received
    No doubt, but companies do things with PR in mind all the time.

Ranching and kskboys like this.
  7. jsb357

jsb357 Well-Known Member

3,937 Messages
    4,380 Likes Received
  8. Aviano90

Aviano90 Go Seahawks!!!

13,242 Messages
    19,051 Likes Received
    We are test subjects in a scientific study to see just how much freedom we are willing to sacrifice and allow government to dictate how we will live in the future.

The government’s test was a huge success for them. We are doomed as a country.

jsb357 likes this.
  9. Streetwise

Streetwise Taco Engineer

14,976 Messages
    16,053 Likes Received
    Professional sports has shifted from simply providing a quality source of entertainment to being the spokesperson of social justice. Image is more important to them.

jsb357 and LACowboysFan1 like this.
  10. Quickdraw

Quickdraw Well-Known Member

833 Messages
    1,376 Likes Received
    Actually, there are many negative effects from wearing masks.

11. Flamma

Flamma Well-Known Member

9,502 Messages
    8,222 Likes Received
    Going by the 2020 NFL season, I'd question the quality. That was as lackluster as I've ever seen. We're also not supposed to mix sports with politics, it's turning a lot of people off. But I guess not enough to make them care. As long as it stays that way everything is good. As soon as it hits them significantly in the purse strings they'll change their tune. Don't be fooled, money is priority #1. All else is secondary and subject to change based on priority #1.

12. Rustinpeace21

Rustinpeace21 Well-Known Member

1,013 Messages
    491 Likes Received

Like...?

I've worn a mask in public buildings since last May and not a single "negative" thing has happened to me. Gym 4 times a week, no trouble breathing, grocery store multiple times a week, nothing, put it on when I am walking through a restaurant, nothing. I actually haven't gotten sick period since 2019. How many masks related deaths have we've seen? Cause there are over 500k covid related deaths in this country, I am trying to gauge which would have more negative effects.

DakPresgoat and DoctorChicken like this.
  13. DoctorChicken

DoctorChicken Well-Known Member

4,654 Messages
    9,482 Likes Received
    There is no negative effect of wearing a mask. Not one demonstrated by science at least.

@Quickdraw posted this in another thread here https://cowboyszone.com/threads/lifestyle-changes-permanent-or-temporary.472152/page-8#post-10834158

Sot the answer is that he doesn’t know what the hell he’s talking about, and likes to spew completely false nonsense.

MichaelWinicki likes this.
  14. DakPresgoat

18,217 Messages
    39,807 Likes Received

No, there isn’t.

15. Whyjerry

Whyjerry Well-Known Member

9,401 Messages
    15,163 Likes Received
    Virtue Signaling. If not for them, the league.

16. Quickdraw

833 Messages
    1,376 Likes Received
    Look it up.

17. Quickdraw

833 Messages
    1,376 Likes Received
  18. Quickdraw

833 Messages
    1,376 Likes Received
    Look it up.

19. Rustinpeace21

Rustinpeace21 Well-Known Member

1,013 Messages
    491 Likes Received
    As stated, I’ve been wearing a mask in public buildings basically a year, why should I look it up, shouldn’t the “negative effects” have already begun? I feel like a year is a good enough sample size.

20. Streetwise

Streetwise Taco Engineer

14,976 Messages
    16,053 Likes Received
    A good sample size that it didn't do a damn thing. But I won't judge, feel free to wear a mask another entire year.

Quickdraw likes this.