Why do we suck so bad in free agency?

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It's not really free agency that we're so terrible at -- it's a matter of committing far too much capital to undeserving players! :omg:
I think what we’re worst that. It’s not choosing players to fit the Scheme we want to play in fact I’m not even sure we have a scheme a plan. I think we just choose players because Jerry likes them for some reason. No I really don’t think that but we don’t choose the right players to fit the scheme that were trying to run. I truly believe that’s the biggest issue micromanaging

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I think what we’re worst that. It’s not choosing players to fit the Scheme we want to play in fact I’m not even sure we have a scheme a plan. I think we just choose players because Jerry likes them for some reason. No I really don’t think that but we don’t choose the right players to fit the scheme that were trying to run. I truly believe that’s the biggest issue micromanaging

True stuff -- seems like the scheme changes from one year to the next. They always have an unclear identity with their management.

fivetwos

Reaction score
This is where McClay is supposed to step in and steer the org in the right direction.
What exactly is he doing?
Possibly overruled by the walking ego?

Jerry likes those former first round names.

The only ones he can recall....same as many fans.

Loso86

Reaction score
Drafting is all fine and dandy, we don’t even do that well....

But we are flat out terrible in free agency...get cheap scrubs of whom many don’t even make the team or get cut after a few games
Simple. Stephen Jones and his cheap ways

Brax

Reaction score
Drafting is all fine and dandy, we don’t even do that well....

But we are flat out terrible in free agency...get cheap scrubs of whom many don’t even make the team or get cut after a few games
Jerry, Steve, Will, we like our guys and give large contracts to Bad talent evaluated players. Simply the whole front office sucks.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
not sure either, but Rockport and I love to use it in every thread.
Well good for you.
I'm glad you do things for no reason other than some sort of arise.

You and Rocky deserve each other.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Right on. You may very well be right, so my question stands:
What is McClay good for?
Or is he part of the problem?
While the whole "draft well" thing is still a bit overstated, they are definitely way better than the early 2000s.

I'll give that credit to the guy responsible for the draft board these days.