Why Does Everyone Think Dak Is A Finished Product?

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
From 2017 to 2018, and from 2018 to 2019 many shared the opinion that Dak was who he was and couldn’t make real improvement.

We lament the infuriating game management, retroactive personnel decisions, and years of schematic complacency. Yet refuse to acknowledge how Dak has improved in spite of all this, and once he received some real coaching (Kitna’s been great) he made even bigger strides. Its all but decided that a new coaching staff will be here next year, wouldn’t that make y’all more excited to see how much more Dak can improve? How can anyone logically see Dak’s progression, crap on coaching, then feel like he’s done improving even though we know better coaching is on the way?

Even Troy Aikman walked back his comments on Dak and “you are what you are” accuracy-wise and said Dak had really impressed him with his mechanics and down-field passing. The revered Aikman himself acknowledged that Dak was one of the few guys he’s seen make significant strides in their throwing ability. Wouldn’t that give a fan faith that Dak can still improve?

Why do we here at CZ find it so hard to fathom that Dak will indeed improve? QB’s get better all the way into their 30’s and the game slows down mentally and physically, it’s asinine to think 26yo Dak is a finished product. Tony tinkered with and improved his motion all the way up until he had to retire.

Guys like Tom, Russ, and Big Ben all made incredible improvements throughout their careers and worked their way up from tier 2/3 guys to top 5 guys. Now I’m not saying he’s them, but he’s had many more similarities in his career arc ability wise than differences. He’s already worked his way up from being a bottom 10 guy in 2017 to a top 10 guy now. Why does it have to stop there?

I think it’s incredibly pessimistic to think Dak won’t improve, what about y’all?
I could see that happening

Nav22

Reaction score
The know-nothing clowns are locked into their positions. Dak has made major strides and has clearly been a top 10 QB this year.

People don’t like being wrong, so now you have clowns who were DEAD wrong but now find themselves rooting against Dak in order to be right.

Dak also has a certain *ahem* quality that he can’t change, and some of his haters will never accept him as our QB because of that quality.

@jnday said as much himself. Complete garbage who shouldn’t be taken seriously on any level. I mean, Kid Rock is his avatar. He’s a grown man who idolizes KID ROCK.
:lmao2:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
From 2017 to 2018, and from 2018 to 2019 many shared the opinion that Dak was who he was and couldn’t make real improvement.

We lament the infuriating game management, retroactive personnel decisions, and years of schematic complacency. Yet refuse to acknowledge how Dak has improved in spite of all this, and once he received some real coaching (Kitna’s been great) he made even bigger strides. Its all but decided that a new coaching staff will be here next year, wouldn’t that make y’all more excited to see how much more Dak can improve? How can anyone logically see Dak’s progression, crap on coaching, then feel like he’s done improving even though we know better coaching is on the way?

Even Troy Aikman walked back his comments on Dak and “you are what you are” accuracy-wise and said Dak had really impressed him with his mechanics and down-field passing. The revered Aikman himself acknowledged that Dak was one of the few guys he’s seen make significant strides in their throwing ability. Wouldn’t that give a fan faith that Dak can still improve?

Why do we here at CZ find it so hard to fathom that Dak will indeed improve? QB’s get better all the way into their 30’s and the game slows down mentally and physically, it’s asinine to think 26yo Dak is a finished product. Tony tinkered with and improved his motion all the way up until he had to retire.

Guys like Tom, Russ, and Big Ben all made incredible improvements throughout their careers and worked their way up from tier 2/3 guys to top 5 guys. Now I’m not saying he’s them, but he’s had many more similarities in his career arc ability wise than differences. He’s already worked his way up from being a bottom 10 guy in 2017 to a top 10 guy now. Why does it have to stop there?

I think it’s incredibly pessimistic to think Dak won’t improve, what about y’all?
He’s been improving since the day he arrived due to his base level skill ability, desire to improve and fierce competitiveness. If you have those it’s guaranteed you will improve. Those that don’t see it have never played sports thereby they have no idea what it takes. They show their ignorance everytime they post about how Dak sucks.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You came in with an agenda and our conversation will end in accordance with that agenda.
Forget the names you mentioned and I'll answer your question in another example that was feasible if not for our inept GM.
This team the last 4 years would have won Superbowl # 6 with ROMO at QB.
Is that good enough of a response for you?
Now back-track to Romo being injury prone and not durable as an excuse why we need to have such an inept QB leading our offense!
See post #23 Troll.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The know-nothing clowns are locked into their positions. Dak has made major strides and has clearly been a top 10 QB this year.

People don’t like being wrong, so now you have clowns who were DEAD wrong but now find themselves rooting against Dak in order to be right.

Dak also has a certain *ahem* quality that he can’t change, and some of his haters will never accept him as our QB because of that quality.

@jnday said as much himself. Complete garbage who shouldn’t be taken seriously on any level. I mean, Kid Rock is his avatar. He’s a grown man who idolizes KID ROCK.

LOL....:muttley: The Circus must be in town?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He needs a good play caller. Moore is still learning himself. Urban or Petersen will keep Moore as OC. Anyone else will probably bring in another OC and start over, or hopefully take Dak to the next level.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Meh. I guess so. But still, you make it seem as if Dak is close to elite. “He has few things to improve on” when that is very incorrect. Dak has a lot of room to grow, which is a good thing. His ceiling is high.

You could say those things about everybody QB, yes. But some QB’s have already exceeded Dak in many departments.
He is elite this year. He is not "close to."

The only improvement we will ever see in his game from now until he dies is consistency. Every QB in the league misses throws, has mistakes with footwork, fails to see a safety, etc. etc. Wilson, Mahomes and Watson all make mistakes every single game.

Imagine Dak taking a 20-yard sack in a playoff game.
Imagine Dak going 18-29 for 169 with 2 turnovers.
Imagine Dak making this decision

We'd never hear the end of it, but he gets nitpicked to death by Cowboys fans simply b/c they don't want to admit how good he's been this year.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
He is elite this year. He is not "close to."

The only improvement we will ever see in his game from now until he dies is consistency. Every QB in the league misses throws, has mistakes with footwork, fails to see a safety, etc. etc. Wilson, Mahomes and Watson all make mistakes every single game.

Imagine Dak taking a 20-yard sack in a playoff game.
Imagine Dak going 18-29 for 169 with 2 turnovers.
Imagine Dak making this decision

We'd never hear the end of it, but he gets nitpicked to death by Cowboys fans simply b/c they don't want to admit how good he's been this year.

Dak isn’t elite, but okay. I already admitted he was a good QB. That’s as far as I’m going. He hasn’t reached those levels. He missed throws in crucial situations, has yet to put together a comeback, and makes bad decisions more often than not. He doesn’t run the ball anymore either. He also struggles heavily against good defenses. I don’t expect anyone to play good against good defenses (obviously) but he’s been very, very bad against good defenses. Once I see improvement in those areas, I’ll give him elite credit. I will say he’s shown flashes of being elite though.

jnday

Reaction score
I'm sorry but you just blew my mind!
Comparing Dak to the above names is an insult to the game of Football.
Why do these Dakettes want to compare Dak to all-time great QBs in the league? Dak has a good ways to go to reach Romo’s level of play, but instead of realistically comparing Dak with a QB like Romo, they choose HOFers. It is embarrassing to say the least and I understand why Cowboy fans are the punchline to so many jokes. I thought the Eagle fans were bad because they constantly pumped average players as All-Pros, but the Dakettes have them beat. No wonder that others fans hates us so much.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Dak isn’t elite, but okay. I already admitted he was a good QB. That’s as far as I’m going. He hasn’t reached those levels. He missed throws in crucial situations, has yet to put together a comeback, and makes bad decisions more often than not. He doesn’t run the ball anymore either. He also struggles heavily against good defenses. I don’t expect anyone to play good against good defenses (obviously) but he’s been very, very bad against good defenses. Once I see improvement in those areas, I’ll give him elite credit. I will say he’s shown flashes of being elite though.
Nitpick, nitpick, nitpick, nitpick. He torched Green Bay and Minnesota, and was fine against NO. Have you looked at Watson's numbers against good teams? Or Rodgers? How'd Josh Allen - who you think is better - do against the Pats?

If you're going to be critical of Dak on these things, then you have to do it for everyone.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Who cares about the projection of Dak's future if he can't will his team to beat an 0 (fer) Jets team or if he can't beat team's with winning records.

817Gill

Reaction score
Who cares about the projection of Dak's future if he can't will his team to beat an 0 (fer) Jets team or if he can't beat team's with winning records.
I’m guessing you think this coaching staff is good right? Winning in spite of bad coaching might be the hardest thing to do in the league. Ask Rodgers how those last 4 years with McCarthy were. A guy his talent level shouldn’t miss 4 straight playoffs. And I know his personnel isn’t as good but if he’s light years better than Dak then he should still succeed.

But he couldn’t, all because his coaching was subpar

jnday

Reaction score

So you continue with the personal insults. Your opinion and insinuations means nothing. Grow the hell up and stay off mom’s computer.

Brax

Reaction score

Please stop with the RACE card crap it has no place here you are too smart for that.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I don't really see where Dak can improve, aside from footwork under center and mental processing. As a passer, I think he is about as polished as his talent will allow - and he's a damn good passer.

He can and will definitely. Improve. This type of thinking is what has made so many haters eat crow.

Philmonroe

Reaction score

I think unless you’re stupid and or naive you should understand outside of some outliers after a certain point big time growth stops. Dak is at that point. Hell most players once you get 4/5 years into your playing career don’t improve much on their fundamentals even if they have a better statistical year. You can add something here and there but the biggest jumps in most things is the first few years of doing something. You just don’t keep improving forever and the Dak is young time sports wise is running short.