Why Does Everyone Think Dak Is A Finished Product?

CWR

Reaction score
People were talking about him like he was a finished product by his second season. Its foolish to assume a QB two years into his career is done learning and improving.

Hell there were guys who said he was a career back up before he ever hit the field. Smh

blueblood70

Reaction score
I suppose his decision making more then anything needs to improve..

IMO he had choices in the MN game ie RPOs have the word options in it, meaning he could hand it off, run it himself or throw it, he made poor choice on those plays and to throw to zeke instead of looking for a WR/TE over the middle thats been working all game was also a mistake.. they blame the coaches but the Captain , your QB had options and chose the worlng ones.. he forced the ball in NE and agents the bills and didnt take off an run as much as he could , even that start again the giants where he got rattled early and threw it first throw to a DB.. should have threw it away or ran took sack.. Id like his to audible out of bad calls if he feels the coaches are making mistakes, take charge more..

I also wonder how many run plays he audibled out of I mean the NE and Bills game Zeke was hot gaining a lot of yards and then it stopped, a lot of passes after the" kil kill kill"!!!..

this is all mental, he maybe trying too hard the more the losses and scrutiny pile up..hes playing tight ie feeling the pressure..

hes definitely a better passer and more confident throwing into tighter coverages and deep balls this year..i think he needs to reel it in a bit as his game needs to be somewhere between safe and high risk..

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Speaking of quarterbacks....
:lmao:
3idxza.jpg
https://imgflip.com/memegenerator

817Gill

Reaction score

IMO he had choices in the MN game ie RPOs have the word options in it, meaning he could hand it off, run it himself or throw it, he made poor choice on those plays and to throw to zeke instead of looking for a WR/TE over the middle thats been working all game was also a mistake.. they blame the coaches but the Captain , your QB had options and chose the worlng ones.. he forced the ball in NE and agents the bills and didnt take off an run as much as he could , even that start again the giants where he got rattled early and threw it first throw to a DB.. should have threw it away or ran took sack.. Id like his to audible out of bad calls if he feels the coaches are making mistakes, take charge more..

I also wonder how many run plays he audibled out of I mean the NE and Bills game Zeke was hot gaining a lot of yards and then it stopped, a lot of passes after the" kil kill kill"!!!..

this is all mental, he maybe trying too hard the more the losses and scrutiny pile up..hes playing tight ie feeling the pressure..

hes definitely a better passer and more confident throwing into tighter coverages and deep balls this year..i think he needs to reel it in a bit as his game needs to be somewhere between safe and high risk..
Very fair criticism

Hadenough

Reaction score
Dak has improved but my concern with Dak is the redzone offense. Once he gets inside the 20 or around the 10 yard line he wont throw the ball into the endzone unless it's on the outside edges. He wont do a quick 3 step drop and fire a slant pass. He doesnt even roll out with the option to run anymore.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
You came in with an agenda and our conversation will end in accordance with that agenda.
Forget the names you mentioned and I'll answer your question in another example that was feasible if not for our inept GM.
This team the last 4 years would have won Superbowl # 6 with ROMO at QB.
Is that good enough of a response for you?
Now back-track to Romo being injury prone and not durable as an excuse why we need to have such an inept QB leading our offense!
I mean, seriously, you’re not that smart, are ya?

Though, maybe you’re right. It’s not like the last 3 times Romo was tackled he was out for several months.

Let go and maybe your brain will get better. He’s gone. He’s been gone for a long time. You can watch him on cbs.

Someone was telling me that the reason some didn’t like Dak was because the staff replaced Romo with him. I could not fathom anyone being so ***damn stupid and having such misplaced emotions. I should’ve listened.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score

My feelings exactly.

The innate "feel" for the situation is what often separates the good from the great all other things being equal.

Knowing that you have a significant weakness protecting your backside should alter your thinking causing you to react to that specific situation instead of just relying on that tackle to get it done like the play was designed.

Knowing if and when to side step the rusher, buying that extra second to make the play. Knowing when and where to just bail on the pocket to extend the play.

Knowing when to use the hard count or snap the ball quickly or delay the snap to read the defense, etc.

The guys that feel that stuff instead of having to be coached to think about it will always be on a higher level.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So by the time he's 40 years old, we will be able to beat a top ten defense with a winning record?
Oulala can't wait!

And after he carries the team to winning multiple SB's (if we get a new coaching staff) you will still be in here whining to everyone haw bad he is.
Give it break, it is getting way too old. Don't you ever post about anything else. You, know something with substance with facts.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
From 2017 to 2018, and from 2018 to 2019 many shared the opinion that Dak was who he was and couldn’t make real improvement.

We lament the infuriating game management, retroactive personnel decisions, and years of schematic complacency. Yet refuse to acknowledge how Dak has improved in spite of all this, and once he received some real coaching (Kitna’s been great) he made even bigger strides. Its all but decided that a new coaching staff will be here next year, wouldn’t that make y’all more excited to see how much more Dak can improve? How can anyone logically see Dak’s progression, crap on coaching, then feel like he’s done improving even though we know better coaching is on the way?

Even Troy Aikman walked back his comments on Dak and “you are what you are” accuracy-wise and said Dak had really impressed him with his mechanics and down-field passing. The revered Aikman himself acknowledged that Dak was one of the few guys he’s seen make significant strides in their throwing ability. Wouldn’t that give a fan faith that Dak can still improve?

Why do we here at CZ find it so hard to fathom that Dak will indeed improve? QB’s get better all the way into their 30’s and the game slows down mentally and physically, it’s asinine to think 26yo Dak is a finished product. Tony tinkered with and improved his motion all the way up until he had to retire.

Guys like Tom, Russ, and Big Ben all made incredible improvements throughout their careers and worked their way up from tier 2/3 guys to top 5 guys. Now I’m not saying he’s them, but he’s had many more similarities in his career arc ability wise than differences. He’s already worked his way up from being a bottom 10 guy in 2017 to a top 10 guy now. Why does it have to stop there?

I think it’s incredibly pessimistic to think Dak won’t improve, what about y’all?
I like Dak, and he's definitely made a lot of progress this season. The problem is that he seems to regress and revert back to old habits under pressure. Maybe it'll just take more time to engrain better footwork to the point of being his default setting, but when a good defense can make the QB look bad, you're not winning anything. I very much doubt he's going anywhere, and I'm fine with that, but I'm still not completely sure he'll ever lose the happy feet.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Prescott could improve on a few things, as any QB can. His production speaks for itself.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
From 2017 to 2018, and from 2018 to 2019 many shared the opinion that Dak was who he was and couldn’t make real improvement.

We lament the infuriating game management, retroactive personnel decisions, and years of schematic complacency. Yet refuse to acknowledge how Dak has improved in spite of all this, and once he received some real coaching (Kitna’s been great) he made even bigger strides. Its all but decided that a new coaching staff will be here next year, wouldn’t that make y’all more excited to see how much more Dak can improve? How can anyone logically see Dak’s progression, crap on coaching, then feel like he’s done improving even though we know better coaching is on the way?

Even Troy Aikman walked back his comments on Dak and “you are what you are” accuracy-wise and said Dak had really impressed him with his mechanics and down-field passing. The revered Aikman himself acknowledged that Dak was one of the few guys he’s seen make significant strides in their throwing ability. Wouldn’t that give a fan faith that Dak can still improve?

Why do we here at CZ find it so hard to fathom that Dak will indeed improve? QB’s get better all the way into their 30’s and the game slows down mentally and physically, it’s asinine to think 26yo Dak is a finished product. Tony tinkered with and improved his motion all the way up until he had to retire.

Guys like Tom, Russ, and Big Ben all made incredible improvements throughout their careers and worked their way up from tier 2/3 guys to top 5 guys. Now I’m not saying he’s them, but he’s had many more similarities in his career arc ability wise than differences. He’s already worked his way up from being a bottom 10 guy in 2017 to a top 10 guy now. Why does it have to stop there?

I think it’s incredibly pessimistic to think Dak won’t improve, what about y’all?
Nice try. They'll call you post fake news. I call it brilliant.

Carnes

Reaction score
For anyone to think Dak will not continue to improve is crazy. I am 51
And still honing my skills in my profession after 20 yrs. Smh at some of these opinions.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think unless you’re stupid and or naive you should understand outside of some outliers after a certain point big time growth stops. Dak is at that point. Hell most players once you get 4/5 years into your playing career don’t improve much on their fundamentals even if they have a better statistical year. You can add something here and there but the biggest jumps in most things is the first few years of doing something. You just don’t keep improving forever and the Dak is young time sports wise is running short.
We don't know what his ceiling is. We really don't. But he's still improving. That's a fact.

Proof

Reaction score
Whoever comes in here whether it be Lincoln Riley or not and him being the quarterback Guru I still think he needs to keep Jon kitna as the main guy 4dak kitna will do what he's asked 2 Prescott has made significant progress with his coaching

i really like kitna. he seems to have a really good football acumen and despite playing all those years, still a student of the game.

Proof

Reaction score
Dak isn’t elite, but okay. I already admitted he was a good QB. That’s as far as I’m going. He hasn’t reached those levels. He missed throws in crucial situations, has yet to put together a comeback, and makes bad decisions more often than not. He doesn’t run the ball anymore either. He also struggles heavily against good defenses. I don’t expect anyone to play good against good defenses (obviously) but he’s been very, very bad against good defenses. Once I see improvement in those areas, I’ll give him elite credit. I will say he’s shown flashes of being elite though.

yet to put back a comeback? false. missed throws in crucial situations? see every qb in history. makes bad decisions more often than not? lol... confirmation bias my dude, you're dead wrong. very, very bad against good defenses? did you just see him have arguably the best game of his career against the vikings? grasping at straws here

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Dak, it's a process. His footwork and mechanics are much better this year. He needs to keep that up, also if he learns to throw receivers open, the anticipation factor. If he can learn he has the chance to become a top 5 QB.