Why Does Everyone Think Dak Is A Finished Product?

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
very, very bad against good defenses? did you just see him have arguably the best game of his career against the vikings?

I'll give you the Vikings game. He was very good in that game, but any other defense that was formidable this season (Saints, Pats, Packers, Bills) he struggled.

makes bad decisions more often than not? lol... .

You can't even come up with stats to prove me wrong. All you can say is "lol". Tell me he didn't make a bad decision in the Vikes game by attempting to give it to Zeke on 4th down. Tell me he didn't make a bad decision by saying "kill kill kill" out of a potentially good play. Tell me he didn't make a bad decision by throwing an intercepted ball into coverage instead of taking a sack. Oh right, you can't.

yet to put back a comeback? false.

Name one time he's led a winning comeback this season. He didn't against the Jets. He didn't against the Packers. He didn't against the Pats (although they cheated and it wasn't on him as much), He didn't against the Bills. Want me to go on?

Proof

Reaction score
I'll give you the Vikings game. He was very good in that game, but any other defense that was formidable this season (Saints, Pats, Packers, Bills) he struggled.

You can't even come up with stats to prove me wrong. All you can say is "lol". Tell me he didn't make a bad decision in the Vikes game by attempting to give it to Zeke on 4th down. Tell me he didn't make a bad decision by saying "kill kill kill" out of a potentially good play. Tell me he didn't make a bad decision by throwing an intercepted ball into coverage instead of taking a sack. Oh right, you can't.

Name one time he's led a winning comeback this season. He didn't against the Jets. He didn't against the Packers. He didn't against the Pats (although they cheated and it wasn't on him as much), He didn't against the Bills. Want me to go on?

ahh gotcha. by omitting 'this season' I was supposed to deduce you meant 'this season' my apologies for interpreting your words exactly as used.

and yes, lol. that is a sufficient response. you seem to think that if you can point to a bad decision, or multiple bad decisions, that it means they are the majority. it's the confirmation bias i already suggested you suffer from. but yes, i could very easily (well it would be frustratingly tedious) list more good decisions than bad. that would be foolish of me though because it's wholly unnecessary. unless of course there are more words you didn't include that completely change the context of what you meant?

HungryLion

Reaction score
Dak likely won’t improve from his physical ability to do things on the field at this point.

That being said. Plenty of QB’s improve their ability to process information and read defenses even beyond 4 years.

The more a QB plays, the more
They see and the less they get caught off guard. This makes reading the defense faster and allows the QB to make better decisions and anticipate what they need to do quicker.

romonumberone

Reaction score
Who's saying he has improved???? His rookie year he started out 13-2 and had 23 TD's to go with 4 picks. This year he is leading a team with more talent to a 6-6 record and with the same number of TD's thrown has 3 Times the picks. He is 0-5 vs. teams with a winning recored. 0-6 vs. teams with a Top 10 Defense. 2-6 outside the NFC East. Without Amari Cooper he could not even beat the Jets.

I am glad that we need to pay a QB more than anybody in the history of the league with the allowance that he still needs to improve.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Romo got a break by having a few years to get his act together, whereas, Dak didn't and had to undergo the growing pains in the "process." He's come a long way in the last year. Hopefully, that's something that might continue going forward. Being a Dallas QB is anything but a walk in the park. The pressures are greater in Dallas than many other venues. He's been dealing with it well so far, I think, despite the coaching being insufficient.

Last edited:

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
ahh gotcha. by omitting 'this season' I was supposed to deduce you meant 'this season' my apologies for interpreting your words exactly as used.

and yes, lol. that is a sufficient response. you seem to think that if you can point to a bad decision, or multiple bad decisions, that it means they are the majority. it's the confirmation bias i already suggested you suffer from. but yes, i could very easily (well it would be frustratingly tedious) list more good decisions than bad. that would be foolish of me though because it's wholly unnecessary. unless of course there are more words you didn't include that completely change the context of what you meant?

Look here bud. You seem defeated. All you can do is come for my contextual mistakes in my first post, eh? Look, like I said, I like Dak. I think he's solid, but I'm not going to sit here and argue with you. Plenty of people I've argued with in the past have lost devastatingly. I'm not going to do the same to you because this argument is already dead. Dak has more good decisions than bad, yes. I'm just saying his bad decisions put us in deep, deep holes. Moreso than his good decisions that dig us out of holes. Abinza!

Proof

Reaction score
Look here bud. You seem defeated. All you can do is come for my contextual mistakes in my first post, eh? Look, like I said, I like Dak. I think he's solid, but I'm not going to sit here and argue with you. Plenty of people I've argued with in the past have lost devastatingly. I'm not going to do the same to you because this argument is already dead. Dak has more good decisions than bad, yes. I'm just saying his bad decisions put us in deep, deep holes. Moreso than his good decisions that dig us out of holes. Abinza!

there's no need to argue. you've essentially agreed now with every point I made. He has led comebacks, he makes more good decisions than bad, and he had a great game against the Vikings. glad that we cleared that up.

things like not leading a comeback this season, and making poor decisions that greatly hinder the team are also true, and I would not have taken any issue.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
there's no need to argue. you've essentially agreed now with every point I made. He has led comebacks, he makes more good decisions than bad, and he had a great game against the Vikings. glad that we cleared that up.

things like not leading a comeback this season, and making poor decisions that greatly hinder the team are also true, and I would not have taken any issue.

I didn't agree to him making comebacks this season. I agree with everything else you've said. We'll end it here, brother. I am tired of arguing. Abinaza!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
And those improvements sound minor but if he can clean those up then he’s a top 5-7 guy annually. What more can you ask from your QB?

Probably for the same reason people make claims like this one. Dak is a top 5 guy........ Since when, ever? I mean, it's the other side of the coin. None of it is very useful to the topic of discussion IMO. Dak is not a top 5 guy and he won't ever be until he figures out how to win ball games IMO. He's also not a guy who is ranked in the bottom of the league. He's still in the middle of the pack IMO and he's closer to top 10 then bottom 15, to me but who cares? I want to win Championships, not be a fan of a team who has a QB who is "Top 5", throwing for stats but winning nothing.

817Gill

Reaction score
My feelings exactly.

The innate "feel" for the situation is what often separates the good from the great all other things being equal.

Knowing that you have a significant weakness protecting your backside should alter your thinking causing you to react to that specific situation instead of just relying on that tackle to get it done like the play was designed.

Knowing if and when to side step the rusher, buying that extra second to make the play. Knowing when and where to just bail on the pocket to extend the play.

Knowing when to use the hard count or snap the ball quickly or delay the snap to read the defense, etc.

The guys that feel that stuff instead of having to be coached to think about it will always be on a higher level.
I think you can get better at that as your experience level rises. I know Brady is the goat but he worked a lot on that throughout his career to the point where he’s a master at it now. I think Dak has that same drive and work ethic as well as Brady’s QB guru (Tom House). It’s not a certainty that he’ll improve in that area but I wouldn’t bet against it

817Gill

Reaction score
Dak may improve his consistency. But he’ll never develop into an elite player. 26 year olds in their 4th year are what they are.
Drew Brees says hello. 5 years in and he was released. Partly due to injury but mostly an excuse to get the guy with more “arm talent and size” on the field. Don’t ever underestimate hard work and a chip on your shoulder. Never is a strong word

Philmonroe

Reaction score
We don't know what his ceiling is. We really don't. But he's still improving. That's a fact.
You don't know what his ceiling is. This is his ceiling but belive what you need to get you through the football season.

Sydla

Reaction score
From 2017 to 2018, and from 2018 to 2019 many shared the opinion that Dak was who he was and couldn’t make real improvement.

We lament the infuriating game management, retroactive personnel decisions, and years of schematic complacency. Yet refuse to acknowledge how Dak has improved in spite of all this, and once he received some real coaching (Kitna’s been great) he made even bigger strides. Its all but decided that a new coaching staff will be here next year, wouldn’t that make y’all more excited to see how much more Dak can improve? How can anyone logically see Dak’s progression, crap on coaching, then feel like he’s done improving even though we know better coaching is on the way?

Even Troy Aikman walked back his comments on Dak and “you are what you are” accuracy-wise and said Dak had really impressed him with his mechanics and down-field passing. The revered Aikman himself acknowledged that Dak was one of the few guys he’s seen make significant strides in their throwing ability. Wouldn’t that give a fan faith that Dak can still improve?

Why do we here at CZ find it so hard to fathom that Dak will indeed improve? QB’s get better all the way into their 30’s and the game slows down mentally and physically, it’s asinine to think 26yo Dak is a finished product. Tony tinkered with and improved his motion all the way up until he had to retire.

Guys like Tom, Russ, and Big Ben all made incredible improvements throughout their careers and worked their way up from tier 2/3 guys to top 5 guys. Now I’m not saying he’s them, but he’s had many more similarities in his career arc ability wise than differences. He’s already worked his way up from being a bottom 10 guy in 2017 to a top 10 guy now. Why does it have to stop there?

I think it’s incredibly pessimistic to think Dak won’t improve, what about y’all?

He’s in Year 4. At some point you have to stop thinking he’s still a developmental QB. That might not be today but it’s coming very soon.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Romo certainly got better with time. He was an interception machine when he first started. But over time the number of interceptions went down and he became a productive and more consistent QB.

jnday

Reaction score
Please stop with the RACE card crap it has no place here you are too smart for that.
Yeah, it needs to stop. I have never mentioned race in any conversation about Dak. The only way to stop the insults is to call him out every time that it happens. If you disagree with him, he does to the personal insults and it gets old for those of us that respects the rules on this board.