Why does Jerry Jones allow Ed Werder in the lockeroom?

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Maybe he has no choice....but Ed Werder is the enemy. He really is. He has no desire to report ANYTHING other than what TO is/is not doing. And when he can't get any answers he makes them up. Wouldn't that make you want to ban him from the lockeroom?

Oldschool7

Benched
Reaction score
bbailey423;2483314 said:
Maybe he has no choice....but Ed Werder is the enemy. He really is. He has no desire to report ANYTHING other than what TO is/is not doing. And when he can't get any answers he makes them up. Wouldn't that make you want to ban him from the lockeroom?

Ed Werder has a long reputation as a top professional. He's no Skip Bayless or punk.

Werner has sources that are reliable. Team leader Bradie James is one. The core cowboy leaders are FED UP with T.O. and Jerry's coddling of the bad seed in Valley Ranch.

The warriors who are top character guys have to put with with constant crap because of players like Owens and PacMan. They are forced into the circus against their will.

Burress, PacMan, Jerry and T.O. are running neck and neck as the biggest buffoon's in the NFL.

Primetime0201

Benched
Reaction score
Oldschool7;2483326 said:
Ed Werder has a long reputation as a top professional. He's no Skip Bayless or punk.

Werner has sources that are reliable. Team leader Bradie James is one. The core cowboy leaders are FED UP with T.O. and Jerry's coddling of the bad seed in Valley Ranch.

The warriors who are top character guys have to put with with constant crap because of players like Owens and PacMan. They are forced into the circus against their will.

Burress, PacMan, Jerry and T.O. are running neck and neck as the biggest buffoon's in the NFL.
So now Owens and Pacman are on the same level? Is he out shooting people or shooting himself? Is he doing coke? Is he beating on people? Is he using roids? Is he cheating? No no no no no no no he is not. Is he upset we may not make the playoffs? Is he one of if not the hardest workers on this team? Does he put up amazing numbers when thrown to?
What exactly did he do wrong? He had a confidental meeting with his coach! OH NO! WHAT A BAD GUY!

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Oldschool7;2483326 said:

show me team with full of high character guys and no playmakers and I will show you a team sitting home every January. And God help us if Bradie James is dumb enough to give Ed Wereder what TO will NOT give him. Again, Ed Werder is in Dallas for one reason and one reason only. To create TO buzz.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
bbailey423;2483314 said:
You sound like someone who supports burning books or rewriting history to support their agenda.

Sorry but Ed is a credible journalist.

Censorship would only make this matter 10x worse.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
bbailey423;2483314 said:
No, it wouldn't. I do think it will be interesting to see how the team reacts to him after he reported this. It might be kind of chilly for him. I think there's a lot more loyalty than he alluded to.

If Werder chooses to make himself a joke, then so be it.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
Oldschool7;2483326 said:

Any other guesses about something you don't know anything about?

Givincer

Reaction score
If it wasn't Ed Werder, it'd be another ESPN employee.

I think it's just that, necessarily, there must be a representative from the national sports news outlet in the locker room of the most popular football team.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
bbailey423;2483314 said:

I don't think Werder is the enemy he is just a reporter. I don't expect him to give peaches and cream stories and he has done some good interviews as well. You want attention being paid to the Cowboys you take the good with the bad

Wood

Reaction score
Apparently Werner was congratulated by one top executive at the Ranch over publishing the story on TO. It sounds like a round of high-fives at the ranch for Werner not a ban.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2483453 said:
I don't think Werder is the enemy he is just a reporter. I don't expect him to give peaches and cream stories and he has done some good interviews as well. You want attention being paid to the Cowboys you take the good with the bad
then come in and write a story about DeMarcus Ware picking up another sack to lead the NFL...come in and write a story about a rookie RB geting his first start and getting more rushing yards than any other RB has gotten on the Steelers all year. Anyone who thinks this is not personal for the "next question" responses is very naive. We are about to play the defending Super Bowl champs...are playoffs lives are on the line....we lost to Pittsburgh...instead of ESPN camping out in the lockeroom of the team that won...they are in the lockeroom of the team that lost and conjuring up a story that is not even the biggest storyline of the game. There is nothing honroable or credible about this. They are determined to make Dallas a soap opera and it is very dissapointing that we have sources in the lockeroom that are happy to oblige. And we the fans are the ones that have to sit back every Sunday and watch this team potentially flush a season away. If the media is suppose to represent the voice of the fans...then they are representing the voice of all non-Cowboy fans....who needs that? The rest of the NFL loves what Ed did. Ed is no Cowboy fan...and is way to happy to do his part to see this team fail. I am sick of it!

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Hopefully this is just the situation that this team needs to feed off of to make the Superbowl run.

Like Thomas said in the Americas Game piece, Dallas has never won a Superbowl without controversy. I guess this little tiff could be just that.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
bbailey423;2483473 said:
then come in and write a story about DeMarcus Ware picking up another sack to lead the NFL...come in and write a story about a rookie RB geting his first start and getting more rushing yards than any other RB has gotten on the Steelers all year. Anyone who thinks this is not personal for the "next question" responses is very naive. We are about to play the defending Super Bowl champs...are playoffs lives are on the line....we lost to Pittsburgh...instead of ESPN camping out in the lockeroom of the team that won...they are in the lockeroom of the team that lost and conjuring up a story that is not even the biggest storyline of the game. There is nothing honroable or credible about this. They are determined to make Dallas a soap opera and it is very dissapointing that we have sources in the lockeroom that are happy to oblige. And we the fans are the ones that have to sit back every Sunday and watch this team potentially flush a season away. If the media is suppose to represent the voice of the fans...then they are representing the voice of all non-Cowboy fans....who needs that? The rest of the NFL loves what Ed did. Ed is no Cowboy fan...and is way to happy to do his part to see this team fail. I am sick of it!

He talks to flamboyant players and TO is that any person in the business would do the same. Doing an interview with a guy like Barber for instance you are not going to get much of a story Barber just has nothing much to say. Players can control what they say. Players by now should know how the media works and as long as you know how it works you should be able to deal with it. Lastly who said they represent the voice of the fans? What you want is a bunch of feel good snow ball question we have Mickey for that he is paid by the Cowboys Ed is not

lcharles

Negativity King
Reaction score
As for me, I say let the cancer walk. :star:

Let him go home and do sit ups in his driveway to get attention.

I was tired of his act a long time ago. :mad:

btw, they might get the ball to him more if he ever was able to get open. :rolleyes:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Wood;2483472 said:
Apparently Werner was congratulated by one top executive at the Ranch over publishing the story on TO. It sounds like a round of high-fives at the ranch for Werner not a ban.
Where do you hear that?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Wood;2483472 said:

Link?

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
lcharles;2483498 said:
As for me, I say let the cancer walk. :star:

Let him go home and do sit ups in his driveway to get attention.

I was tired of his act a long time ago. :mad:

btw, they might get the ball to him more if he ever was able to get open. :rolleyes:
it is not that simple...their are cap implications.....and I guess you forgot what our offense looked like last year when he missed the month of December. Dallas spent way to many years ignoring the WR position in the draft...trying to develop ex-QBs into WRs....which is why we are on this roller coaster at WR with TO. We will not get off it until we DRAFT a legitimate homegrown baller at WR. Roy Williams is a start.....but we are wasting our time with Isiah Stanback and Sam Hurd. But Stanback is a Jerry pet project...so we are going to stick with him until Jerry is proven right.

Wood

Reaction score
By RANDY GALLOWAY
rgalloway@star-telegram.com

Look, it’s Eldorado Owens doing again what Eldo has always done. No new news here.

He’s an excuse-making, finger-pointing, fake-crying (that January scene is still laughable) fool. A talented football fool, although not worth the fraudulent behavior to any team with an owner in his right mind.
That’s why Owens is at Valley Ranch.

When the strong media reports surfaced at Valley Ranch on Thursday, it was no surprise Eldo was again involved in excuse-making, finger-pointing, and fake-crying, this time about his role in the offense.

Look out, Tony Romo. As if Tony doesn’t have enough problems, now he’s got Eldo mounting one of his familiar campaigns to take down a quarterback, and take down a team.

Great timing, of course. Owens could care less it’s the Giants coming to Texas Stadium on Sunday night. And that the Cowboys are in a win-or-else situation. He’s the Me Man.

But Romo must be doing something right. This time Eldo is involved in a back-stabbing campaign, based on several reports. With Donovan McNabb and Jeff Garcia he was verbally out front in going for the jugular, not the back.

In a case of bad judgment, Patrick Crayton and newcomer Roy Williams were receivers who became Owens’ lap dogs, joining Eldo in taking their complaints on Romo to offensive coordinator Jason Garrett.

Too bad for Crayton and Uno Uno. They lowered themselves to slime level. The whine of the threesome, according to Clarence Hill of this newspaper, was Romo’s distribution of passes favoring tight end Jason Witten.

A "buddy system" was the focus, which means Witten was getting more balls (which he’s not, at least compared with Owens) because he and Romo are close friends. This crap, of course, has Eldo written all over it.

Then ESPN.com’s Ed Werder followed with a report right out of Desperate Housewives, male version.

Get this:
" …Owens has e
xpressed resentment toward Romo, apparently jealous of the quarterback’s relationship with Witten.

"Owens feels that Romo and Witten hold private meetings in which they create plays the two will use in upcoming games without including Owens in the conversations." And Romo "seeks to deliver the ball to Witten regardless whether Owens is open."

This is like a squabble in eight-grade girls’ P.E.

Unfortunately, there’s no reason to doubt the validity of any of it. It’s Owens.

For the record, Werder, a veteran reporter and a longtime member of the Cowboys’ media contingent, was "congratulated" Thursday by a Valley Ranch front office executive for "writing the truth about this guy."
Actually, the biggest worry here really isn’t Owens, or at least he shouldn’t be. Jerry Jones continues to dangle dead rats by the tail, and the snake eats well due to Mr. Jones’ pampering.

Eldo is simply being Eldo.

But where is the leadership at Valley Ranch? How does Garrett, for one, allow three whining wideouts to come in for a shoulder cry without first telling them, "Hey, let me get Romo and Witten in here, and we can all hash it out?"

Weak, Jason. Real weak.

Then there’s Wade. His reply on Thursday at Valley Ranch was, "I know nothing." The sad truth is he was telling the truth. Wade knows nothing.

Jerry? He’s still in hiding after his stupid remarks postgame in Pittsburgh concerning Marion Barber’s "toughness."

Snow cone stands have more leadership than the Valley Ranch football team.

Romo, meanwhile, is coming off his Pittsburgh moment, and attempting to recover in time for the Giants.

But the irony of Owens yelping about favoritism for Witten is that Romo’s biggest interception problem of this season is attempting to force passes to Eldo. Two of the picks in Pittsburgh were on balls thrown to Owens, the first of which he was a disgrace in flat quitting on a route.

Reportedly, Eldo is still miffed because he was open on the game-deciding pick thrown in Pittsburgh late in the fourth quarter. It’s true, according to those who break down film. Owens was open at the sticks.

The problem for Romo was that he had a blitzing linebacker in his grill and on a "hot" read, threw what he hoped would be a timing route pass to Witten.

On the last play of that game, Crayton was open at the 50-yard line, and Romo flat missed him, instead hurling a pass in Witten’s direction that he never saw.

After that loss in Pittsburgh, Owens was a finger-pointing fool, directing all the blame at Romo, who had already taken the blame. It’s not that Eldo wasn’t factual, just flat wrong in saying it, while also not mentioning his gutless lack of effort on one of the picks.

Oh, yeah, did I mention the Giants are coming to town? It’s win or else for the Cowboys. But the struggling quarterback is already being blitzed and blindsided like crazy. By his own receivers.
Nice team.