Why doesn’t Dallas do what the Rams did?

jjktkk

Reaction score
SEEMINGLY everything the Rams touch turns to gold. They still haven't won anything yet. As Parcells once said " put away the anointing oil" Dallas needs to DRASTICALLY improve their FA acquisitions, they really suck at it, but ask Washington Commanders fans about Daniel Snyder's attempts at trying to buy a championship.

kskboys

Reaction score
SEEMINGLY everything the Rams touch turns to gold. They still haven't won anything yet. As Parcells once said " put away the anointing oil" Dallas needs to DRASTICALLY improve their FA acquisitions, they really suck at it, but ask Washington Commanders fans about Daniel Snyder's attempts at trying to buy a championship.
Rams aren't trying to build a team using FA. Most of the team is already in place, they're using FA to fill the gaps.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
This off season, the Rams signed Suh, Marcus Peters, and Talib in free agency
Guess what? It’s working..........

It seems their roster/team building strategy is light years ahead of ours.

:dance::dance::dance:

There are NFL fans out there right now who are disappointed with their team’s start to the 2018 offseason. Whether it was talent lost, talent gained, or the contractual implications that ultimately impact the organization for this year and beyond, there is undoubtedly an entire fan base out there that is not satiated. They wanted more for, or from, their team.

But that is not the case for Los Angeles Rams’ fans, where there’s more excitement than downtime.

Players are being traded, picks are being shuffled, pro bowl players are being acquired, atrocious contracts are being discarded or reworked, and they are already on the books for compensatory picks in 2019. It seems as though every day in March a Rams’ fan could wake up and just feel the excitement.

Goodbye Robert Quinn, Alec Ogletree, and Trumaine Johnson. No love lost, and best of luck to you in your new homes. But hello Marcus Peters, Aqib Talib, Sam Shields, and Ndamukong Suh.

Consider it addition by subtraction. And what the Rams have added this offseason isn’t something they’re hoping to build upon for a future run deep into the postseason. It’s predicated on a Super Bowl run in 2018.

https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2018/...les-rams-are-building-up-for-a-super-bowl-run
After one game it is consider a success? Franchise of the year!!!

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Rams were good last year.
None of the new players that were brought in were on the team last season. We have no idea at this point if any of the buy a Superbowl by getting players with "Names" will work THIS season.

kskboys

Reaction score
None of the new players that were brought in were on the team last season. We have no idea at this point if any of the buy a Superbowl by getting players with "Names" will work THIS season.
They didn't buy a super bowl. They made some acquisitions to try to put themselves over the top. So far, looking good.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
The title should be why does the doesn't the Cowboys follow the rest of the league? It seems to be working. Dallas, on the other hand, is stuck on the 90s.

kskboys

Reaction score
The title should be why does the doesn't the Cowboys follow the rest of the league? It seems to be working. Dallas, on the other hand, is stuck on the 90s.
Dallas is stuck in the mode of thinking the triplets were the only reason we won three super bowls!!!

Does Jerry even know that we had the #1 D for our first super bowl win in the 90's, and that the D was built on a deep and talented DLine rotation? That was a defensive team built around the DLine.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
They didn't buy a super bowl. They made some acquisitions to try to put themselves over the top. So far, looking good.
Nearly every team in week 2 so far looks like a different team than they did in Week 1. That is the point that I am trying to make.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Dallas is stuck in the mode of thinking the triplets were the only reason we won three super bowls!!!

Does Jerry even know that we had the #1 D for our first super bowl win in the 90's, and that the D was built on a deep and talented DLine rotation? That was a defensive team built around the DLine.

This is why I respect Marinelli and not entirely his fault. He has been given garbage and told to make gold out of it. I also believe he's been told to run the defense like the 90s.

The Cowboys are fully stuck on the 90s.

kskboys

Reaction score
Again....one game. Franchise of the year!!!!
Yeah, I heard you the first time!!!!

I'm an analyzer, I like to analyze as I go along. So far, acquisitions looking good. Rams look like super bowl contender.

I have more questions about Goff. I'm not sure about him just yet.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Yeah, I heard you the first time!!!!

I'm an analyzer, I like to analyze as I go along. So far, acquisitions looking good. Rams look like super bowl contender.

I have more questions about Goff. I'm not sure about him just yet.
Yea and Tampa Bay is for real?! Watch this end up being true lol.

I am still not a believer in Goff.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score

So what? The OP didn't say they were going to the Superbowl. He was saying the Rams are making all the right moves to get to the superbowl. What have we done lately? Absolutely zilch!

tico

Reaction score
What for? We have Garrett "guys" which exceeds talent any day...

kskboys

Reaction score
Yea and Tampa Bay is for real?! Watch this end up being true lol.

I am still not a believer in Goff.
TB has a ton of O talent that Winston has not been able to utilize. Fitzy is a very smart QB who looks good for a bit, but then something clicks and he goes to complete crapp. TB would be for real w/ a consistent QB, yes. They are stacked on O, and have made some nice additions to improve their D. SInce we've seen this from Fitzy before, he's not that QB.