Why doesnt Red put TO in motion?

juck

Reaction score
TO is best in motion.He was constantly used this way in Philly.Red did use him this way with success last year too.

Reaction score
When he does... Romo throws it behind him, too far in front of him or in the ground...

Set your feet Tony...

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
juckie;2315717 said:
TO is best in motion.He was constantly used this way in Philly.Red did use him this way with success last year too.

It is almost like he is saving that wrinkle. Maybe when we play the midgets he unleashes it.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
adbutcher;2315723 said:
It is almost like he is saving that wrinkle. Maybe when we play the midgets he unleashes it.
I'm sure we'll see it sometime.

yentl911

Reaction score
Excellent point juckie. Having a head of steam when the play starts and having him running a crossing route is how he has made a living for years.

We seem to always line him up wide which allows the defense to more easily double team him.

HoosierCowboy

Put Pearson in the HOF
Reaction score
I'm increasingly disappointed by the lack of imagination from our coaching staff on both sides of the ball.

pgreptom

Reaction score
I've seen this a few times... it's not like it's totally out of the gameplan.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
HoosierCowboy;2315752 said:
I'm increasingly disappointed by the lack of imagination from our coaching staff on both sides of the ball.

Imagination? You can't be imaginative until the execution is correct. We have some of the most creative coaches in the NFL but until the players execute better they can't move forward with more advance schemes.

Also, do you want to show our entire hand during the first half of the season?

aikemirv

Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;2315722 said:
When he does... Romo throws it behind him, too far in front of him or in the ground...

Set your feet Tony...

man, that 64% completion rate sucks doesn't it!:rolleyes:

Next_years_Champs

Reaction score
adbutcher;2315723 said:

I'm convinced many of today fans have no concept of a season long strategy. The Cowboys have always employed it from their earliest days.

Landry never showed anything he didn't have to, Landry now he had some vanilla game plans early in the year.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Not sure why. Is Garrett saving it for later in the season??? There's really no mystery or secret, however. You either double TO hen he's out wide or you go to some type of zone coverage when he's in motion.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
adbutcher;2315723 said:

adbutcher;2315792 said:
Imagination? You can't be imaginative until the execution is correct.

Maybe its just me but I disagree with that then. You gotta keep working on it so that it is perfected by seasons end and playoff run.

adbutcher;2315792 said:
Also, do you want to show our entire hand during the first half of the season?

Next_years_Champs;2315867 said:
I'm convinced many of today fans have no concept of a season long strategy. The Cowboys have always employed it from their earliest days.

Landry never showed anything he didn't have to, Landry now he had some vanilla game plans early in the year.

Well then that just raises the question.... Maybe Landry should have showed it and worked on it more instead of hiding it and saving it. Maybe we win more than 2 of 5.

I know I will get blasted for that but its a fair question/thought.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I expect more and more as the year goes on that they're going to put TO in motion. They'll figure out little ways to get him moved around and stay out of all the doubles with the safety over the top.

Next_years_Champs

Reaction score
Well then that just raises the question.... Maybe Landry should have showed it and worked on it more instead of hiding it and saving it. Maybe we win more than 2 of 5.

It's a good question but not the point I was trying to make. Look this team (as well as most NFL teams) is already planning and researching for the draft next year. If someone doesn't think they have a overall season based strategy pertaining to play calling they just don't understand the game.

aikemirv

Reaction score
YoMick;2315880 said:
Maybe its just me but I disagree with that then. You gotta keep working on it so that it is perfected by seasons end and playoff run.

Maybe it is just me but I don't think our gameplan is comprehensive enough. the Washington game specifically because we did not even try to mix it up with Felix when it was not working inside with Barber.

I truly believe we could have won that game if Garrett mixes it up a bit. We just seem determined to go downfield all the time.

Not one screen play in the Washington game. We have weapons and we don't seem to use them sometimes.

In the Washington game we go right down the field to start the 3rd quarter feeding T.O on short stuff and then after that we seem to go away from that.

Maybe I am just not seeing the whole picture but the variety seems to be missing.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Next_years_Champs;2315909 said:
It's a good question but not the point I was trying to make. Look this team (as well as most NFL teams) is already planning and researching for the draft next year.

Just so you know I wasnt going after your point. It just made me think about that.

Next_years_Champs;2315909 said:
If someone doesn't think they have a overall season based strategy pertaining to play calling they just don't understand the game.

Thats fine you can have an overall season strategy.

One thing I understand for sure: We are watching playoffs at home for TOOOOO LONG now.

Get my point.:p:

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
YoMick;2315880 said:

You do know that Landry is not the only coach to have done this? All coaches do this, the least amount on things on film are to the betterment of the team. Working on timing and execution? That is what practice is for.

Next_years_Champs

Reaction score
YoMick;2315933 said:
Thats fine you can have an overall season strategy.

One thing I understand for sure: We are watching playoffs at home for TOOOOO LONG now.

Get my point.:p:

Oh I agree completely but the fact is all teams keep things in reserve for those game which make or break a season. They don't always work nor ever always get used but the play selection is something they discuss and plan with an eye down the road to crucial games. I honestly think they underestimated the Skins as most everyone has.

However as more game film on Washington accumulates I think it will get harder for them to be successful.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
adbutcher;2315951 said:
You do know that Landry is not the only coach to have done this? All coaches do this, the least amount on things on film are to the betterment of the team. Working on timing and execution? That is what practice is for.

Next_years_Champs;2315959 said:
Oh I agree completely but the fact is all teams keep things in reserve for those game which make or break a season. They don't always work nor ever always get used but the play selection is something they discuss and plan with an eye down the road to crucial games. I honestly think they underestimated the Skins as most everyone has.

However as more game film on Washington accumulates I think it will get harder for them to be successful.

Fair enough... as I consider myself a student of the Zone (all you with the football knowledge has taught's me much ;) )

I still think that gametime is gametime... show what you have too(ok hide some stuff)... the BETTER team should win, no?