Why has Jason Garrett not been called out?

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score

I mean, Garrett came here as a former QB and QB coach. He's running the offense, which INCLUDES Brad Johnson. For crying out loud, he's the Assistant Head Coach also! He's calling the plays that are not working. He's designing the protections that are busting up. He's the one being outcoached - consistently - by opposing coaches and coordinators. And he is still being coddled by the media and fans.

I'm sorry, but anyone who criticizes Wade Phillips for not having Jimmy-Johnson-like kahonas should also criticize him for not ripping the headset off of Jason Garrett's head, much like Jimmy Johnson did to David Shula. Do you remember that? Jason Garrett is now deserving of the same type of dismissal, because he is becoming a coaching embarrassment out there!

But yeah, I know, I know; it's not Garrett's fault. Let's blame the defense!

Sure! let the Garrett apologies fly! :rolleyes:

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
some people have been on Garrett for a while now....ESPN has started to get on him last night.

Iago33

Reaction score
Where have you been? Certainly you haven't been here because people have turned on him (calling him "Red Jesus"). If you are talking about national media, that's a different thing because they don't have any relation to the truth--they're just selling stories they manufacture.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
For one, Jason doesn't hate freedom.
For two, Jason is just in a slump, not in a depression like Wade.
For three, Jason has made a career out of rescuing the defense with a high-scoring touch exceptin the last several games. Give him a bit more of a chance.

Zman5

Reaction score
Neon Deon has been on his case as well.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Because we had a top 3 Offense until Romo got hurt?

Maybe thats why.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
I just posted in another thread, I thought JG's offense would be innovative and creative.

Instead they are predictable, and boring.

I'm no OC, but yesterday we had success running outside and rolling Bollinger out. We just didn't do them enough.

It makes sense though with the pressure the Giants bring up the middle.

He does not appear to have HC demeanor either.

links18

Reaction score
You must have missed the 2 other threads that got merged earlier into one big Garrett hate fest.....:eek::

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
If you've watched some people at NFL Network and other places (Mostly people at ESPN) they've been questioning him for a while now.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
because our "make a big splash" owner has made him the highest paid coordinator in the history of the NFL....has pretty much told everyone he is the smartest coach he has ever been around....and has pretty much convinced himself that he is the next head coach in Dallas.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
called out where? on the board here... many of us have been critical it's that the kool-aid-chugging-masses don't want to here that Red outsmarts himself and has done NOTHING with more players than his predecessors.

there is also a general apathy cause jerry grossly overpaid for him prematurely and the feeling is we're saddled with him as HC after wade is dumped in january.

sigh.

AMERICAS_FAN;2396709 said:

I mean, Garrett came here as a former QB and QB coach. He's running the offense, which INCLUDES Brad Johnson. For crying out loud, he's the Assistant Head Coach also! He's calling the plays that are not working. He's designing the protections that are busting up. He's the one being outcoached - consistently - by opposing coaches and coordinators. And he is still being coddled by the media and fans.

I'm sorry, but anyone who criticizes Wade Phillips for not having Jimmy-Johnson-like kahonas should also criticize him for not ripping the headset off of Jason Garrett's head, much like Jimmy Johnson did to David Shula. Do you remember that? Jason Garrett is now deserving of the same type of dismissal, because he is becoming a coaching embarrassment out there!

But yeah, I know, I know; it's not Garrett's fault. Let's blame the defense!

Sure! let the Garrett apologies fly! :rolleyes:

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
CATCH17;2396738 said:

Maybe thats why.

It doesn't cease to become his job to figure out how to score points when the #1 QB goes down. He still has an all-star cast to make up for the chumps at QB (whom he apparently had a strong say in bringing to the team). He deserves criticism just like everyone else.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
tomson75;2396805 said:
It doesn't cease to become his job to figure out how to score points when the #1 QB goes down. He still has an all-star cast to make up for the chumps at QB (whom he apparently had a strong say in bringing to the team). He deserves criticism just like everyone else.

great teams overcome injuries.

skicat1898

Reaction score
Did you ever stop to think that Garrett is calling successful plays, the heartless players on the field are just not executing?

I am not a Garrett apologist here, but he isn't what is wrong with this offense. Romo makes the OL look better than it is. When a defense knows all it has to worry about is the run, Barber becomes very average.

TO is not what he use to be prior to his injury last year.

Romo was a little off even before his injury. People ask "Why isn't Garrett getting the ball to the WRs?",,, Last I looked, Garrett is the OC not the QB and our current QBs are not hitting the WRs.

I don't care who your OC is, if the players are not doing their job on the field, you are not going to have success.

Hold the players accountable,,, nobody seems to be.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
and why not john garret and wes phillips?

I mean we should get on them too!

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
tomson75;2396805 said:

Agreed. And it was his fault for having Brad Johnson here... BUT....

Its not his job to execute. Guys have been open. He has put them in a position to make big plays. He did his part imo.

So when Tony comes back and we are having 400 yards total offense you guys be sure to praise him again since its his fault when they struggle.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
CATCH17;2396824 said:
Agreed. And it was his fault for having Brad Johnson here... BUT....

Its not his job to execute. Guys have been open. He has put them in a position to make big plays. He did his part imo.

So when Tony comes back and we are having 400 yards total offense you guys be sure to praise him again since its his fault when they struggle.

some of people soured on him while Romo was healthy.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
CATCH17;2396738 said:

Maybe thats why.
And a botttom 3 offense without Romo.

That Jason Garrett...he's so valuable.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
theogt;2396833 said:
And a botttom 3 offense without Romo.

That Jason Garrett...he's so valuable.

You won't find many that would do well when their Starting QB go down and your backup has 0 physical abilities.

I'd be shocked if anyone could do well with a 40 year old Brad Johnson.

But it is his fault he is here so thats about the only thing I can pin on him.