Why hasn't Tank had his surgery?

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Team medical staff arrange it, that is why Woods got his done the week after the season was over. It has nothing to do with dictate but you bet players on these teams can get this done ASAP and many do. Dlaw could have had this done this is more his choice just as it was last season when he 1st was dealing with this injury.

He twitted out, I believe it was last month he was waiting on the doctor.

Edit: Never mind it was Woods that did that.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Bleacher report saying 1. He hasn't had his surgery, 2. He won't have surgery without a long term deal 3. He won't play under a second tag 4. Won't take part in in any OTAs without a long term deal.

Sounds like he's backing himself in a corner if he's serious about all of them.

It's like he's screaming "I'm much more injured than you know, and don't want you to find out before you give me a contract".

I had considered the surgery like a knee scope, basically a maintenance operation. Now it's a big fat red flag.

To be ready for football, he would have had the surgery ASAP. I assumed he had already had it. This is weirdness. Maybe he's just trying to force the Cowboys not to tag him.

If it comes to it, 3 isn't credible. He'll show instead of missing paychecks on a 20%+ franchise tag.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
He'd be foolish to undergo any procedure without a contract in place. Surgeries can go badly - doesn't happen often but look at Alex Smith and Andrew Luck. If he has surgery and there is a problem, he's out a ton of money.

On the flip side, a team would be foolish to sign him without the surgery done and cleared. "Surgeries can go badly."

He's announcing "the shoulder is worse than you know" to the league. Maybe he's trying to force the Cowboys to let him go to free agency. Trouble is, he can't snap his fingers and remove that perception. He's made it very hard for teams to sign him before he heals up from a surgery now.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
not having the surgery is hamstringing the cowboys. by not having the surgery, he lessens his trade value for other teams as he might not be ready to play early next year. it's a very risky tactic that might end up costing him a lot of money. he'll be worth less to the cowboys and less to any other suitors. not cool, tank.

That's my feeling too. He's trying to squeeze the Cowboys, but it's hard to see this working out in his favor compared to having already done the surgery.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
You could also say then a team would be foolish to put out big money on damaged goods. He choose last season not to have it and Dallas paid him yet he re-aggravated the injury and hurt his production over the 2nd half of the season.

Or that you are foolish for not understanding this is a pretty common practice.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Team medical staff arrange it, that is why Woods got his done the week after the season was over. It has nothing to do with dictate but you bet players on these teams can get this done ASAP and many do. Dlaw could have had this done this is more his choice just as it was last season when he 1st was dealing with this injury.

Here is the quote in this article

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...ence-will-undergo-shoulder-surgery/ar-BBSEcuN

I knew I remembered seeing it.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Bleacher report saying 1. He hasn't had his surgery, 2. He won't have surgery without a long term deal 3. He won't play under a second tag 4. Won't take part in in any OTAs without a long term deal.

Link?

I'm not finding it.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score

Because he is selfish

cristglo

Reaction score
Seems to me that any team would be cautious to sign him without knowing how the surgery went. Would you want to pay 20 + mil to a player that is about to have surgery and not know about the outcome? I would think he would want to knock it out get back on the road to recover ASAP so that teams can check me out to see IM OK?
I never understand why players wait so close to training camp to have their procedures done then they are not ready for the start of the season????

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
I have a sneaking suspicion that Tank is one of those players that drops off once he "gets paid".

I have nothing to back up my doubt, it's just a doubt I have for some reason.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Collins tore his in the last playoff game and I think he already had his done.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Or that you are foolish for not understanding this is a pretty common practice.

He did this last season and it cost him production over the last part of the season. Woods had it done and Lawrence needs to get this done to give him ample time for recovery. It is not a complicated procedure. If Dallas is going to make an investment on him he needs to get this done and over with. If chooses to sit and wait then pass on him but this non sense of waiting until the last second or not getting it done at all is stupid. talking about different procedure that QB have had? Give me a break he is not a QB and no one gives a damn about his passing arm.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
He twitted out, I believe it was last month he was waiting on the doctor.

Edit: Never mind it was Woods that did that.

NFL teams handle much of it for the players and make sure they have access to many of the best doctors in the business. They do not get the avg Joe treatment and even if they did I was told I needed back surgery and it was done the following week.

Sydla

Reaction score
He did this last season and it cost him production over the last part of the season. Woods had it done and Lawrence needs to get this done to give him ample time for recovery. It is not a complicated procedure. If Dallas is going to make an investment on him he needs to get this done and over with. If chooses to sit and wait then pass on him but this non sense of waiting until the last second or not getting it done at all is stupid. talking about different procedure that QB have had? Give me a break he is not a QB and no one gives a damn about his passing arm.

So he opted not to get surgery last year because he (and his doctors) thought he could rehab it and be fine? Many other players have done the same thing. We have a guy in Tyron Smith who has had his back be an issue for a few seasons now and he refuses to get surgery even though he's basically out of options. But he gets a pass, I guess.

You guys and your Lawrence bitterness are hilarious.