Why hasn't Tank had his surgery?

InTheZone

Reaction score
Just a lose/lose situation. Lawrence was probably expecting a deal sooner than later, but doesn't want to get surgery incase complications screw him over and then he's done. Really he should've gotten a contract last year, and it would've been cheaper as well.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
So he opted not to get surgery last year because he (and his doctors) thought he could rehab it and be fine? Many other players have done the same thing. We have a guy in Tyron Smith who has had his back be an issue for a few seasons now and he refuses to get surgery even though he's basically out of options. But he gets a pass, I guess.

You guys and your Lawrence bitterness are hilarious.

Tired of excuses. You guys grip all season about the team and yet much of the issues happen in the off season. He needs to get this done. I'm not giving any free passes to anyone. For me and the off season I expect players to get the medical attention they need, I expect players mandatory or voluntary to attend OTA and mini camps, I expect players to stay out of trouble during the off season. It is you and others that tend to excuse players for what they do during the off season, not me. hell every off season it is the same BS of you guys giving players these excuses, oh well he does not have to get it done because he wants a contract, oh this OTA is not mandatory so they really do not need to go if they got something better to do. I expect much from this team and these players. As for any bitterness towards Lawrence? Hell I want him signed to a long term deal I know he is a good player and I hope he is here for a good while. So you are confusing me with someone else.

Verdict

Reaction score
Just a lose/lose situation. Lawrence was probably expecting a deal sooner than later, but doesn't want to get surgery incase complications screw him over and then he's done. Really he should've gotten a contract last year, and it would've been cheaper as well.

What he is saying is he wants the risk of loss on the team rather than him, but doesn't sound like he wants to lower his asking price because of that risk of loss. It's a red flag.

Verdict

Reaction score
Can’t have it until the dr has time

He's an NFL player. They didn't make him wait a month and a half for surgery. He says he's not getting it until he gets his contract and you want to pretend he is waiting on the doctor? Ok, but that's not reality. Especially when he says he's waiting on getting paid first.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Probably because he, like most people, is scared of going under the knife and will find any excuse to procrastinate.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
What he is saying is he wants the risk of loss on the team rather than him, but doesn't sound like he wants to lower his asking price because of that risk of loss. It's a red flag.

It's only a red flag when talking about someone else's money.

He says he's not getting it until he gets his contract and you want to pretend he is waiting on the doctor?

Would love a quote on that claim.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
He's an NFL player. They didn't make him wait a month and a half for surgery. He says he's not getting it until he gets his contract and you want to pretend he is waiting on the doctor? Ok, but that's not reality. Especially when he says he's waiting on getting paid first.

Ok first Lawrence didnt say that, clarence Hill speculated that. this what i mean about you people reading something and making your own conclusions. It would be stupid for Lawrence to say that to begin with because any team besides the Cowboys would want him to get that labrum fixed.

Verdict

Reaction score
Tired of excuses. You guys grip all season about the team and yet much of the issues happen in the off season. He needs to get this done. I'm not giving any free passes to anyone. For me and the off season I expect players to get the medical attention they need, I expect players mandatory or voluntary to attend OTA and mini camps, I expect players to stay out of trouble during the off season. It is you and others that tend to excuse players for what they do during the off season, not me. hell every off season it is the same BS of you guys giving players these excuses, oh well he does not have to get it done because he wants a contract, oh this OTA is not mandatory so they really do not need to go if they got something better to do. I expect much from this team and these players. As for any bitterness towards Lawrence? Hell I want him signed to a long term deal I know he is a good player and I hope he is here for a good while. So you are confusing me with someone else.

Players you have to make a lot of excuses for generally end up leaving you holding the bag. Irving is a great example of that. Look at the lengths some posters went to make excuses for him. He was a complete waste of cap and a roster spot last year.

Verdict

Reaction score
Ok first Lawrence didnt say that, clarence Hill speculated that. this what i mean about you people reading something and making your own conclusions. It would be stupid for Lawrence to say that to begin with because any team besides the Cowboys would want him to get that labrum fixed.

The fact he still doesn't have it done speaks volumes. It should have been completed by now.

If Woods got his done weeks ago you are telling me that Tank, who has many times the stroke of Woods can't get it done?

Sorry, but you are making excuses for him because you want to give him a pass.

I want Tank on the team next year just like you do. I just want it to be at a reasonable contract number. He doesn't get a pass from me on the surgery. It's a bad decision on his part.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How stupid, the lack of any long term deal has 0 to do with getting surgery. He is still going to play this season even if he has to take the tag again. How many players are going to sit out and miss a 20M year?

And as far as him saying he would not go through another tag year, I have never seen that from him. He might feel that way but Lawrence and his agent have played this by the book. Too early for saber rattling.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
The fact he still doesn't have it done speaks volumes. It should have been completed by now.

If Woods got his done weeks ago you are telling me that Tank, who has many times the stroke of Woods can't get it done?

I want Tank on the team next year just like you do. I just want it to be at a reasonable contract number. He doesn't get a pass from me on the surgery. It's a bad decision on his part.
It only speaks volumes for people like you who are looking for something to gripe about. Lets keep it real if the inury was serious it wouldve been done. and 2nd Labrum injury treatments and rehab are between 8 and 10 weeks now. Give Lawrence a pass for what? Oh i get it, youre playing money manager for Jerrys money too. Lawrence has played lights out for the past 2 yrs with this and it hasnt slowed him down. He's fine.

Sydla

Reaction score

What, to you, is a reasonable contract number?

Sydla

Reaction score

First of all, what are you babbling about with regards to me making excuses for the players? I have rarely done that.

It has been said the rehab for his shoulder after this surgery could be like 8-10 weeks, which if he has the surgery next week, would put him well in line to be able to practice during some of the OTAs and not miss any of August camp. And the first set of workouts are non-contact anyway so he probably wouldn't be all that limited and be able to go through some drills. And the first two weeks of the first organized team workouts is conditioning and rehab anyway by league rules.

OTAs don't start until the end of May, which is 12 weeks away.

So why the hell do you guys have your panties in a bunch over this? Now if the delayed surgery results in him missing some of August camp, sure, then yeah, let's complain. Shoot, I will be right there with you if his delay causes him to miss some of camp.

But based on the little we've heard, that doesn't appear to be the case at this point.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Any trade has a "physically able to perform" clause or the deal is negated and if he feels that the plan might be to sign and trade him, he's taking a chance that a team might just go the route of FA instead of trading.

I do not believe that is their plan but then I am giving them some credit here. They have a mediocre DL on the pass rush and he is by far the best player, even they know they need to add to it before just replacing it.

The key here is if they tag him, he can have the surgery and not have to show up until well into camp. He wouldn't be the first player to do this.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
How stupid, the lack of any long term deal has 0 to do with getting surgery. He is still going to play this season even if he has to take the tag again. How many players are going to sit out and miss a 20M year?

And as far as him saying he would not go through another tag year, I have never seen that from him. He might feel that way but Lawrence and his agent have played this by the book. Too early for saber rattling.
You got blinders on

He said it clearly last year and several reporters have confirmed it.... you are just ignoring the stories

Blackspider214

Reaction score
I'm sure he's scheduled for surgery already. Even NFL players have to wait.

This is false. Pro athletes do not have to wait that long to have any procedure unless they choose to. He could have had it as soon as he wanted to. They are moved to the front of the line because of the team's relationships with their doctors.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
He said it and several repoters have backed the claim

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You got blinders on

He said it clearly last year and several reporters have confirmed it.... you are just ignoring the stories
Not blinders? Those only affect peripheral vision. I have never seen any quote from him that stated he would hold out if tagged. Please enlighten me with a story with a quote from him and not some reporter assumption.

You are concluding that his comment about making the pb as a tagged player is a message but we do not know that for certain. That would be a buttload of dough he would be sitting out for and only Bell has come close to that.

Of course, he does have the history of the Cowboys blinking with Bryant with just the mere threat of a no show.

Last edited: