Why I like McCarthy more than Garrett

Buzzbait

Reaction score
wasn't McCarthy the head coach last year when they left Steele on an island against the Browns and he got killed?

Have you actually forgotten what happened to the Dallas OL last year? Travis Frederick and Lael Collins were both lost before the season began, then we lost Tyron Smith and Zack Martin. The OL was decimated. What exactly did you expect to happen? Somebody had to fill all those positions, who did you think it was going to be?
This year McCarthy so far has fielded a team who is 1-1 after playing 2 very good teams, and we're playing a lot of rookies, and that 1 loss was a very close game. He has his team ready to play, they're playing hard and they are showing a lot of really good attitude.
I'd take McCarthy ANY day over 10 stinking years of Garrett.

Last edited:

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I'm not convinced yet that McCarthy is the guy that can take us to the promised land, BUT I'll tell you one thing I appreciate. They set Terence Steele up for success. That dude was ready, and they gave him some help from time to time. You guys remember that Falcons game a couple of years ago? The worst game I can remember. They had some rookie out there, or free agent (I can't remember who it was) and Garrett and company just left him out there to fight for his life, and the Falcons had like 25 sacks that night. It was truly a nightmare. Steele's performance tells me McCarthy is a step up.

Chaz Green was that tackle. He was not a free agent. He was a 3rd round draft pick.

Steele, on the other hand is a FA.

I wanted to slap the silly out of Garrett's smug face as he just watched and watched and did absolutely nothing. Total fraud of a coach.

Goes to show that coaching matters.

ICP

Reaction score
I like McCarthy more just because he's not Garrett

sean10mm

Reaction score
I like McCarthy more just because he's not Garrett

Fair.

It feels like grading stool based on how much undigested corn is in it, but I do think Garrett was still worse. At least McCarthy doesn't come across as nearly the backbiting weasel Garrett was.

Also just look at the Giants offense lol