CFZ Why I seriously doubt the eagles will win the NFC

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In the last two decades, the teams that start red hot are almost never the ones who win a ring. Sure the e-girls are 9-0 but mark me down as a doubter they are the team of destiny.

My theory as to why teams that start hot have a very hard time winning the SB is this- the season is too long and the competition too close to maintain that level of dominance. The teams that win SBs the last two decades tend to be the ones who peak at the right time.

Evidence of my point- look at all the SB winners the last two decades that struggled at some point during the reg season:
  • 2021 Rams- were 6-4 after 10 games, then got hot all the way to the SB even though they did not have the coveted #1 seed. In fact, they were the #4 seed.
  • 2020 Bucs- were 7-5 after 12 games, did not win their division but were hot at the end of the season and it carried them all the way to a Lombardi. Btw, they were the #5 seed.
  • 2019 chiefs- were 6-4 after 10 games. Mahomes was only in his 3rd season and was still figuring out some things. Like the previous two teams, they got hot at the right time.
  • 2018 Pats- were 9-5 in early December that year and finished as the AFC’s #2 seed. But they won their last 5 games all the way to their last SB win.
  • 2015 broncos were 10-4 in December that year, including a stretch between early Nov to mid Dec where they were 3-4. But they got hot down the stretch winning their last 5 including the SB.
  • 2012 ravens were 9-5 in mid Dec and barely won their division. Again, they got hot at the right time.
This could go on….point is, the team that gets hot when it matters most is almost always the SB champ. Can the e-girls stay red hot all season? History says an emphatic NO.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I honestly don't think Philly has been lights out and winning in great fashion. They barely beat us with a back up. IN PHILLY. Most of their wins are by small margins.
True. And the margins between good and bad teams in the NFL are very thin. Philly has benefited from some scheduling breaks and with a 17 game season, it’s really tough to maintain a long period of being a hot team.

Aftershock

Reaction score
In the last two decades, the teams that start red hot are almost never the ones who win a ring. Sure the e-girls are 9-0 but mark me down as a doubter they are the team of destiny.

My theory as to why teams that start hot have a very hard time winning the SB is this- the season is too long and the competition too close to maintain that level of dominance. The teams that win SBs the last two decades tend to be the ones who peak at the right time.

Evidence of my point- look at all the SB winners the last two decades that struggled at some point during the reg season:
  • 2021 Rams- were 6-4 after 10 games, then got hot all the way to the SB even though they did not have the coveted #1 seed. In fact, they were the #4 seed.
  • 2020 Bucs- were 7-5 after 12 games, did not win their division but were hot at the end of the season and it carried them all the way to a Lombardi. Btw, they were the #5 seed.
  • 2019 chiefs- were 6-4 after 10 games. Mahomes was only in his 3rd season and was still figuring out some things. Like the previous two teams, they got hot at the right time.
  • 2018 Pats- were 9-5 in early December that year and finished as the AFC’s #2 seed. But they won their last 5 games all the way to their last SB win.
  • 2015 broncos were 10-4 in December that year, including a stretch between early Nov to mid Dec where they were 3-4. But they got hot down the stretch winning their last 5 including the SB.
  • 2012 ravens were 9-5 in mid Dec and barely won their division. Again, they got hot at the right time.
This could go on….point is, the team that gets hot when it matters most is almost always the SB champ. Can the e-girls stay red hot all season? History says an emphatic NO.
What if the Eagles are not red hot yet and haven’t peaked? That would be scary.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score

It's also possible that they haven't peaked yet despite being 9-0. Very few of their games have show dominance from the first minute to the last. But this is what worries me. There is room for improvement in their game, yet they are still 9-0. What happens if they do improve? Our uphill climb becomes that much harder. If they do improve and keep this up, we might as well resign ourselves to the 5th seed and defeat them in the NFCCG.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
I don't care who "wins" the regular season That's like getting that date with the hottest girl in school only to learn that she just dated you to make her boyfriend jealous.

Winning in the play offs is where it's at, and since home field advantage hasn't actually been a real advantage for us in the past I don't care about road games. So let's not only date the prom queen but make sweet love to her in January. I heard something's going on in Glendale, Arizona on February 12th. :)

Jarntt

Reaction score

Except that the Eagles themselves won a SB 5 years ago after the hottest start in the league that year

I'm not saying that I think the Eagles will win, because I don't think they are good enough to win, but I'd much rather have HFA than not

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Run game and defense always travels. They added playmakers to that team on both sides of ball. They will be a tough out. If I was picking a team I would pick them today. In a few weeks my mind may change.

shabazz

Reaction score
What if the Eagles are not red hot yet and haven’t peaked? That would be scary.

nope, no way…..the glass has to always be half full here in spite of every evidence to the contrary

Pollyanna would have loved this bastion of candy and nutsz…….and no, not Deez Nutz

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Except that the Eagles themselves won a SB 5 years ago after the hottest start in the league that year

I'm not saying that I think the Eagles will win, because I don't think they are good enough to win, but I'd much rather have HFA than not
Right but that is the exception rather than the rule the last two decades.

ghst187

Reaction score
I don’t think they win bc at some point a team will bottle up Hurtz running and then he has very little after that.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Right but that is the exception rather than the rule the last two decades.

Eagles have also benefitted from great health. That is always a big factor in the playoffs.

But aside from winning the SB, the Eagles have a two-game lead on Dallas, with a far easier schedule. I don't see Dallas catching up with the Iggles for the division title, meaning more than likely we'll have to go to Philly in the dead of winter to play them in the playoffs, not a good prospect.

But we'll see, Eagles lose Hurts for a few games, and they could easily lose several of those games....

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Eagles have also benefitted from great health. That is always a big factor in the playoffs.

But aside from winning the SB, the Eagles have a two-game lead on Dallas, with a far easier schedule. I don't see Dallas catching up with the Iggles for the division title, meaning more than likely we'll have to go to Philly in the dead of winter to play them in the playoffs, not a good prospect.

But we'll see, Eagles lose Hurts for a few games, and they could easily lose several of those games....
To me it doesn’t matter that much if we win the division. The last two SB winners- rams and bucs were the #4 and #5 seeds going into the playoffs. People forget that the Bucs didn’t even win their division in 2020. I would like to win the east but it doesn’t mean we’re out of it if we don’t.

Reaction score

True that maintaining a high level of play isn't easily done though I would say that the Eagle's style of winning isn't a high wire act, it's just solid play doing high percentage things. The one area where percentages may work against them though is having a running QB, at some point Hurt is gonna get hurt,,, they do have an extremely easy schedule though so their backup may enjoy some success like Rush did. Timing will be key!

shabazz

Reaction score
They have the easiest schedule imaginable. The top seed is almost a certainty, especially in such a bad conference.

But attrition will decide a lot.

Another thing about their success is that the Eagles are succeeding because of their quarterbacks play, and not in spite of it. Their GM is building a real team and that displeases me to no end

shabazz

Reaction score
I don’t think they win bc at some point a team will bottle up Hurtz running and then he has very little after that.

Bro, have you not seen some of the dimes that boys been dropping lately?……he’s not the same passer that we’ve seen last season. His passing has been on point….unfortunately

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
The Eagles have built an offense that is simple, efficient and repeatable. There is no reason to expect them to all of a sudden fall flat. As long as they stay healthy they will be a tough out.
That is the key, health . If they miss couple of key ones , there will be holes which good teams can exploit. but their trenches approach is always good, both lines are good.

Last edited:

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Eagles lose 1 game and we take care of them on Christmas and we are having another conversation.