Why is Brad Johnson still on the team?

wick

Reaction score
Seriously...why in the heck is this guy still around? He clearly won't be back next season and he clearly cannot help us this season, so why is he taking up a roster spot? Why not use that roster spot to churn the waters a bit and see if anything materializes? It just makes no sense whatsoever to carry a 40-year-old third-string quarterback who stinks on ice.

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
wick;2406341 said:
Seriously...why in the heck is this guy still around? He clearly won't be back next season and he clearly cannot help us this season, so why is he taking up a roster spot? Why not use that roster spot to churn the waters a bit and see if anything materializes? It just makes no sense whatsoever to carry a 40-year-old third-string quarterback who stinks on ice.

They need to find a QB to replace him first.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
To drive us crazy.

http://img241.*************/img241/5797/ch21sunnov22008041627pmwl0.jpg

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Achozen;2406381 said:
with Romo back I don't think he will be on the active roster. but than again you never know with this crappy coaching staff.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Rampage;2406382 said:
with Romo back I don't think he will be on the active roster. but than again you never know with this crappy coaching staff.

why wouldn't Brad be our FG holder once Romo comes back?

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2406394 said:
cause he got moved to the #3 qb. usually the #3 qb isn't active as the roster spot could be better used on an extra o-lineman for example.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2406394 said:
He was demoted to #3 QB. If he comes into the game to hold on a PAT or FG he has to remain in the game as the QB. Once the 3rd string QB enters the game he is your QB for the rest of the game.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Rampage;2406396 said:
cause he got moved to the #3 qb. usually the #3 qb isn't active as the roster spot could be better used on an extra o-lineman for example.

Hostile;2406406 said:
He was demoted to #3 QB. If he comes into the game to hold on a PAT or FG he has to remain in the game as the QB. Once the 3rd string QB enters the game he is your QB for the rest of the game.

Oh I didn't even realize he was the #3 QB.....he should get cut then....

TraceActions

Reaction score
Changing holders in the middle of the season would be stupid. That part of his game has been rock solid.
BJ should remain the 2nd string qb but in name only. BB would come in if need be.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
TraceActions;2406450 said:
Changing holders in the middle of the season would be stupid. That part of his game has been rock solid.
BJ should remain the 2nd string qb but in name only. BB would come in if need be.

Ya, we could collapse under that weight.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;2406406 said:
That's assuming they make the third QB the "emergency inactive quarterback." However, if they make the third QB active, then he could still do it. I know you know this but there may be some fans who do not :)

I think the smart thing to do would be to make him active as the third QB for the first game with a new holder, but let the new holder handle the holding. That way, if the game is on the line and the new holder has been shaky, you have someone you could depend on holding when it really matters.

I would hate to see the game come down to a last minute field goal by Folk only to have Crayton, Bollinger, etc. bobble the snap or put the ball down at a bad angle causing a missed kick.

-Reality

BARRYRAY

Reaction score
What I saw last week was a man that understands that the NFL is a business and he got one more game check, another month in the retirement plan and this time next year he'll be beside Bledsoe on a beach in Cabo drinking margaritas. He's still here because we're too cheap to get a good back up. Don't blame Brad he's just collecting checks. Could somebody tell me what his retirement check will be. He has so many years in it must be seriously great. Has anybody missed Bledose. He might be immobile as heck but man at least they feared his arm. give him time and he can make it fly. Seriously we screwed up. should of bribed him into staying as back up..

Smashmouth24

Reaction score
Can they afford an active roster spot for BJ with so many injured returning for the first week?