Why Is Elliott On The Sidelines?

fortdick

Reaction score
He pulled himself out at one point. He took a big hit and waived to the sideline. I think maybe he got banged up more than we know.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
He tapped his helmet more than he did the feed me thing. He asks out of the game too much.

Mark

Reaction score
Best RB on the sidelines on 3rd & short screams "PASS!" I'm sure there's a plan there somewhere.

Reactions: BAT

RomoFor6

Reaction score
i can't be the only one who feels like smashing my TV whenever this happens? You have the best back in the league... but take him off on the most important down in football.... especially when he excels in blitz pick up and receiving... does EVERYTHING 290x better than Dunbar... I just don't get it.

That is a fireable offence for both Carrot Top and stuck in the 90s Linnehan.

kevm3

Reaction score
I frankly don't understand why they did that. Dunbar should not be seeing the field period. WHY in the world do you put a guy with questionable blocking in on 3rd down? Was he supposed to be some kind of passing threat or something?

jrumann59

Reaction score
i can't be the only one who feels like smashing my TV whenever this happens? You have the best back in the league... but take him off on the most important down in football.... especially when he excels in blitz pick up and receiving... does EVERYTHING 290x better than Dunbar... I just don't get it.

That is a fireable offence for both Carrot Top and stuck in the 90s Linnehan.
only 290X more like 1000X, also does it seem that Dunbar no longer has any burst. He looked slow, last year when he caught things it seemed he was in high gear in no time.

lukin2006

Reaction score
I don't recall #22 on sidelines on 3rd downs...
This game was going to be one of those cold weather game that called for the big o line and Zeke to be physical and win this...

kevm3

Reaction score
If anything, you put Alfred Morris in the game. Dunbar cost us big, especially on the kickoff return when he caught it and instead of fair catching, he ran and only got to the ten or 15. I'm not going to blame him, but rather the coaching.

yimyammer

Reaction score
Because football is an incredibly physical game, especially for running backs, and they can't be on the field every play.

What about the last four plays of the game?

I rewatched and Zeke is not on the field for all four.

1st down: Dunbar in the backfield
2nd Down: Dunbar in the backfield, Zeke on the sideline next to Romo:

VbOT5F1.jpg

3rd down: Dunbar in the backfield
4th Down: Dunbar and Witt in the backfield.

Was Zeke hurt or something?

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Because football is an incredibly physical game, especially for running backs, and they can't be on the field every play.

Sounds like a loser of an explanation. Oh wait, it must be about situational circumstances again.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
What about the last four plays of the game?

I rewatched and Zeke is not on the field for all four.

1st down: Dunbar in the backfield
2nd Down: Dunbar in the backfield, Zeke on the sideline next to Romo:

VbOT5F1.jpg

3rd down: Dunbar in the backfield
4th Down: Dunbar and Witt in the backfield.

Was Zeke hurt or something?

I have no idea. I'm just saying Elliot has to be spelled every now and then.

yimyammer

Reaction score
There was a shot in the last minute of the game of Zeke and Romo standing next to each other on the sideline.. my thought was , our 2 best offensive players on the sideline with the game on the line. Didn't make any sense to me.

noticed that as well and snapped a picture:

VbOT5F1.jpg

yimyammer

Reaction score
I have no idea. I'm just saying Elliot has to be spelled every now and then.

I agree, not trying to argue or dismiss your point, i just think its really odd for him to be on the sidelines for all four plays to end the game so Dunbar can be on the field, really??

I'm searching for a logical answer and the only ones I can come up with are he was hurt or did something ti get in the coaches dog house

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
im so done with dunbar. there are 3 outcomes with him on the field.

1. pass to the flat to him is dropped
2. he misses his blitz pickup
3. tackled for no gain

the dude has done nothing as of late. give me mcfadden. heck even morris. ever since dunbars back morris has less touches