Why Is Elliott On The Sidelines?

Cmac

Reaction score
What happened to Albert Morris? Never saw him.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Saw him on the sidelines smelling those ammonia smelling salts in the 3rd qtr.
I think he does that for extra energy or something??
but yes use of players , game plan adjustments were all bad in this game.

I felt a drive coming, but then dez fumbled and that ended that.
That is one problem with waiting to last drive to do a comeback, 1 mistake like that and it is over.

John813

Reaction score
I would assume the media will ask Garrett why we went so Dunbar heavy

vaturkey

Reaction score
We missed Lucky. Maybe he's actually a Lucky Charm and none of us knew it.

John813

Reaction score
We missed Lucky. Maybe he's actually a Lucky Charm and none of us knew it.

I was actually thinking with how the Giants were being aggressive a jet sweep could of produced a decent chunk of yardage.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
What happened to Albert Morris? Never saw him.

He played a little, but he hasn't done much in weeks. Dunbar doesn't seem to bring anything after his injury last year.

I'm hoping McFadden is ready to be activated this week.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Would have rather seen McFadden out there than Dunbar. I hope he's on the line up soon.

Plankton

Reaction score
At the most critical moments, your best players should be on the field to help you win.

Having Ezekiel Elliott on the sidelines during two minute drills, particularly when the team is trailing, runs counter to that. It's not smart use of personnel.

Reaction score
That was my number one question watching the game. Even if you just keep a back in for pass pro, who's better on the team than Elliott? Maybe they're trying to justify keeping Dunbar on the team. I still haven't figured that one out. What has the little squirt ever done for this team? At least Beasley is a beast for a little squirt...:laugh:

Reaction score
At the most critical moments, your best players should be on the field to help you win.

Having Ezekiel Elliott on the sidelines during two minute drills, particularly when the team is trailing, runs counter to that. It's not smart use of personnel.
I like your graphic, & the play on words. Here's hoping that Collins moves to RT, & they keep Leary at LG. That would give us the best chance to dominate.

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
I really enjoyed the 3rd and 11 late in the 4th quarter, and we went with the RB sweep. A high percentage play in that situation with the game on the line.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
Todd Archer:

• "I understand why the Cowboys like Lance Dunbar. He has been a solid player when healthy and can be a productive third-down back. But I wonder if they need to realizeEzekiel Elliott needs to be on the field when the game matters most. Elliott was a non-factor when the Cowboys went to their hurry-up offense against the New York Giants on Sunday. He shouldn't have been. We've seen Elliott take a screen pass 83 yards for a touchdown. We've not seen Dunbar do that sort of thing. While understanding there might be some drawbacks to having a rookie involved in those types of situations, Jason Garrett has lauded Elliott's football smarts all season. If you're going to go down, go down with Elliott at least being part of the solution, not as a spectator on the sideline."
LINK: http://www.espn.com/blog/dallas-cow...-on-line-ezekiel-elliott-needs-to-be-on-field

My theory: Dunbar was being tried out to see if he will have a playoff role as a 3rd down back. He doesn't have it anymore - the way I see it. His injuries have taken a toll on his frail body.

The Cowboys decided they've seen enough so they decided to activate DMC. I like a Zeke/Morris/DMC playoff backfield anyway.

Craig

Reaction score
My theory: they dont trust elliott in the passing game.

When i say passing game, i mean throws that are caught past the line of scrimmage.

phildadon86

Reaction score
My theory: they dont trust elliott in the passing game.

When i say passing game, i mean throws that are caught past the line of scrimmage.
I cant see that. I mean, hes the best blocking RB we have, and he is the only one with homerun ability.