1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

Why Is Elliott On The Sidelines?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Zekeats, Dec 11, 2016.

1. DallasCowboys2080

DallasCowboys2080 Well-Known Member

2,773 Messages
    2,664 Likes Received
    so the reason Zeke was on the sideline in crunchtime is because they wanted to see what they were gonna do with Dunbar?

:huh:

yimyammer likes this.
  2. yimyammer

yimyammer Well-Known Member

9,366 Messages
    6,595 Likes Received
    Still haven't heard a logical answer. I just don't get it.

3. NeonNinja

NeonNinja Dash28

13,644 Messages
    9,451 Likes Received
    Because coaches love Dunbar and claim he's the teams third down back. Sorry, that's ridiculous and I want Elliott on the field at the end of games and on third down.

TheHerd and drawandstrike like this.
  4. JohnnyTheFox

JohnnyTheFox Achilleslastand

6,539 Messages
    10,198 Likes Received
    And what did they do with Dunbar, besides lose?

5. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

16,310 Messages
    19,803 Likes Received
    The staff should have contacted The Zone to advise them when to keep Zeke in the lineup and when not to . . . ;)

Tommy and gmoney112 like this.
  6. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

8,290 Messages
    5,414 Likes Received
    because Dallas is fascinated with Lance Dunbar in 2 minute offense. You can't make this stuff up.

Gaede likes this.
  7. Zekeats

Zekeats theranchsucks

7,300 Messages
    7,810 Likes Received
    It was because of week 1 last season when he caught a couple of balls on the final game winning drive against the Giants.

8. noshame

noshame I'm not dead yet...... Zone Supporter

8,279 Messages
    5,862 Likes Received
    Because Dunbar is more familiar with lenihan's old offense.

Which sucks

Please somebody hire this guy as a head coach

I'd trade the Skins Linehan 4 Callahan in a heartbeat

9. kevm3

kevm3 Well-Known Member

6,457 Messages
    8,598 Likes Received
    The coaches lost us that game with their 'experiments'. That was NOT the game to experiment. You lock up HFA and THEN you experiment.

10. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Bye Felicia! Zone Supporter

33,810 Messages
    19,683 Likes Received
    While I do understand that even the best RBs in the history of football needed breathers, I have notice this exact same thing for several games now. It irritates me. It's like the coaching staff doesn't know how to strategically apply his skill set over the course of 60 minutes.

TheHerd and yimyammer like this.
  11. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

16,853 Messages
    20,778 Likes Received
    It's because JG is enamored with him. He lights up when he talks aboit him. I don't get it. I also don't get that he gets paid a lot.

12. DeaconMoss

DeaconMoss Well-Known Member

3,926 Messages
    3,053 Likes Received
    jwooten15 likes this.
  13. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

51,000 Messages
    47,358 Likes Received

It's Garretts offense. Linehan is just calling plays out of it to make sure Garrett can keep a Run/Pass balance.

14. noshame

noshame I'm not dead yet...... Zone Supporter

8,279 Messages
    5,862 Likes Received
    No Linehan developed this offense preceding the 2014 to accommodate Romo's return from back surgery. It featured short horizontal routes that allowed for RAC even Dez was running 5 yd crossing routes along with the occasional jump ball fly pattern. Unfortunately as the year went on defenses began to do what they did in the Giants game and all last year. Clog the middle, taking away the run and short pass.
    You have to spread the ball around to beat these defenses, and we stopped doin that.

Why? You decide.

15. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

24,628 Messages
    13,681 Likes Received
    Somebody has a man crush on Dunbar.

16. Cmac

Cmac Well-Known Member

4,379 Messages
    3,105 Likes Received
  17. TheHerd

TheHerd Well-Known Member

6,458 Messages
    7,464 Likes Received
    I love the "Zeke needs rest" answer.

So making sure our best offensive player is on the sideline resting while the Cowboys attempt a game winning drive makes sense in which universe exactly? I guess at least he'll catch his breath for the plane ride home that way.

18. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

46,961 Messages
    47,338 Likes Received
    He can't be on the field every snap. If you're referring to 3rd downs, they are not going to run on 3rd and long. Dunbar is a good blocker and receiver.