Why is Jeff Heath still starting?

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Because the Cowboys don't have a better option on the roster at the moment.

Next question.

Do you even know why there isn't someone on the roster better than him? Because they are so content with Heath, they have never gave one ounce of effort to replace him. At all. That is what the OP is getting at. We all know why he starts. The reason is why do they like this player so much? He is football dumb. No idea about positioning. Injures his own players because he is so reckless.

But because he makes a player here or there every year, people point to that as to why he starts.

He is god awful.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
He hits hard, but you can't have him out there trying to make athletic plays. Just kinda doesn't work.

But still.... sometimes it seems like he can sniff out a player, like it was obvious he was gonna get him down/stopped from the getgo ...like he's one step ahead of the guy. He's really comfortable in certain situations by the looks of it to me, but then I dunno if strong safety is really his best position.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Do you even know why there isn't someone on the roster better than him? Because they are so content with Heath, they have never gave one ounce of effort to replace him. At all. That is what the OP is getting at. We all know why he starts. The reason is why do they like this player so much? He is football dumb. No idea about positioning. Injures his own players because he is so reckless.

But because he makes a player here or there every year, people point to that as to why he starts.

He is god awful.
He isn't God awful.

And they haven't forced it at any position and that's why the roster is as deep as tis been in a decade.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I hate to beat a dead horse but why the heck is heath still starting? I mean this dude is awful. The play last week when the ball literally hit him in the helmet tells you all you need to know about him. Will the coaching staff give Wilson an opportunity to take over the starting spot?

Because no one ever beats Heath out. Don't blame Heath for being the best of limited alternatives.

Wilson will probably start taking snaps in the box. I doubt he takes deep zone responsibilities from Heath this year.

jaybird

Reaction score
I’ve been asking this question since last year. The only reasonable response I’ve heard is “because he’s cheap and you can’t pay everyone.”
Or it could be he’s the best we have-Duh
Wilson been hurt and hasn’t proven worthy of starting-Yet.
That said: Heath makes 1-2 big plays a game. It’s the some of the plays that has us ‍♂️

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I thought this whole "Heath sucks" movement was debunked. Ignore it all you want to but... Health is a solid safety. He could be "better", but he could be WAY worst.
*Dude, those posters aligned in the "Heath sucks" camp, are subconsciously projecting their own self perceived superior abilities( whether they'll admit to it or not,let alone, take a brief break,away from their own real world stint of their pathetic existence of lifes personal loserdom,as this is a commonly known result , and an obvious direct reflection thereof)o_O

Ya, it's a natural fact:facepalm:

Last edited:

Brax

Reaction score
Hold on....I’m not a fan of him but he looked good on Sunday.....
you have a open mind I see, not sure why some make it personal with players, he may not be great next week but heck we can say that about Dak and just about anyone on the team at times.

Jenky

Reaction score
I hate to beat a dead horse but why the heck is heath still starting? I mean this dude is awful. The play last week when the ball literally hit him in the helmet tells you all you need to know about him. Will the coaching staff give Wilson an opportunity to take over the starting spot?

We like what he have

starfan1

Reaction score
The ball hitting a Safety in the back of the helmet is the most idiotic method of evaluating a Safety that I've heard.
It’s just another reach to warrant making our opinions valid of course.

It’s similar to criticizing Dak or Romo or anyone. It’s better to look stupid than be wrong lol.

dfense

Reaction score
It's a great thing when your roster is so solid you have to nit pick certain players.

I think Heath took his eye off the QB because he was afraid of blowing up his own player. He has ended players careers if you remember.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
b7d.jpg