Why Jabril Cox fell to round 4

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by atlantacowboy, May 5, 2021.

1. Typhus

Typhus Catching Catfish

10,809 Messages
    11,647 Likes Received
    Very true, and lets just take a look at Sean Lees career and the ridicule he endured for being fragile and injured, just think what Lee could have accomplished with a healthier career behind a good DL... HOF lock.

atlantacowboy likes this.
  2. Western

Western Well-Known Member

895 Messages
    2,250 Likes Received
    Since, we are copying and pasting from Lance Zierlein's analysis on NFL.com, I will copy and paste his strengths:
    • Excellent work ethic and is accomplishment-oriented on and off field.
    • Not at all out of place athletically in move from FCS to SEC.
    • Willing to play through pain.
    • Outstanding field range with explosive closing burst.
    • Comes from backside linebacker spot to make tackles near far sideline.
    • Agility to make sudden change of direction in pursuit.
    • Steps upfield to challenge block and push run back inside.
    • Capable of playing quickly off the block and making tackle.
    • Pocket navigation and acceleration to become dangerous blitzer.
    • Sticks and runs with pass-catching tight ends in coverage.
    • Instinctive and reactive when spot dropping.
    • Finished college with 26 passes defensed, including nine career interceptions.
    https://www.nfl.com/prospects/jabril-cox/3200434f-5831-5503-5fb9-edf18e12b912

Dallas got good value for him in the 4th round.
    He probably could have anywhere from the late 2nd through the end of round 3.
    Considering where he was drafted, probably the best value pick for Dallas outside of Parsons at 12.
    His ceiling is much higher than Mr. Swipe.

3. erod

erod Well-Known Member

33,150 Messages
    48,828 Likes Received
    You mean the experts who passed in him for rounds?

4. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

16,083 Messages
    6,820 Likes Received
    I bet he walks on the field being better in coverage then LVE and Jaylon. Probably better than all the linebackers we currently have in coverage.
    The best thing is he was what a 4th round pick. Can't really go wrong there. In todays NFL where its basically a passing game he might fit in well.

5. blueblood70

blueblood70 Benched

19,512 Messages
    14,074 Likes Received
    actually not he was 4th rounder over his shoulder easy 2nd round prospect if healthy.

he wik turn out to be hybrid SS/LB type that can replace neal down the road..he was drafted for this role, hes fast and can cover..
    hanging a comp on him and say it will be disaster is ridiculous

you nor anyone here can predict his future..

JS had a bad year but he and LVE had PB years 2 years ago and while JS contract made him more of target to fans as all our payers have , let quinn find roles for all these guys and 2020 is not good way to judge..I saw LEE, LVE and JS all out of position making poor decsions last year , rally the entire defense..there were a lot of reason for this Nolans scheme, bad scheme fit payers, no offseason to figure that out and found out late in the process, bad dl in front of them, etc etc etc etc..

i believe Quinn will find scheme and a better use for these players in his scheme.

so go choke on that positivity..:angry::rolleyes:

Last edited: May 5, 2021
  6. Shane612

Shane612 Well-Known Member

1,771 Messages
    1,305 Likes Received
    All this sound like he's better suited for the SS position. He's smallish for an NFL LB, but big enough to handle a TE, and run support...plus, fast enough to run with most WRs and TEs.

NotForLong likes this.
  7. BourbonBalz

BourbonBalz Star4Ever

10,072 Messages
    5,188 Likes Received
    No one is arguing he should’ve been a first round pick. However, if you think he wasn’t great value where we got him, you don’t have a clue. That’s the point. Every player has weaknesses, but they also have strengths. Some only look at one side of the equation just to try and prove their position. That’s lazy and agenda pushing.

By the way, where he was drafted has nothing to do with whether he is successful. See Tom Brady, Terrell Davis, and hundreds of other players drafted much lower than Cox.

8. America's Cowboy

America's Cowboy Zone Supporter

15,916 Messages
    23,592 Likes Received
    I'm waiting for him to blame Dak for anything wrong that might happen. o_O

DeaconBlues and BourbonBalz like this.
  9. atlantacowboy

atlantacowboy Well-Known Member

11,717 Messages
    15,906 Likes Received
    Great analogy!

Typhus likes this.
  10. blueblood70

blueblood70 Benched

19,512 Messages
    14,074 Likes Received
    i can name 100 players + that slid in drafts and now are PB or HOF players..

FACTS

the draft position doesnt determine greatness or failure..see Tom Brady and Kurt warner

hers fact i read post draft there are 17 UDFA HOFs compared to 14 first overall picks in the draft in the HOF,,chew on that..

so why are there more Undrafted players in the HOF then the ones choses first overall??

because draft boards, mocks, placemats, ratings etc are typically more wrong then right,.,talented players are taken all over the draft..these draft ratings are supposed to be used as barometers just something to look t but really a lot of scouts and team GMN boards differ from one another some stray way off from the ones fans try and follow..

Techsass, Motorola, Jstopper and 2 others like this.
  11. Future

Future Intramural Legend

27,566 Messages
    14,713 Likes Received
    Lol @ "he's like Jaylon"

There aren't more two opposite LBers in the history of the NFL.

12. atlantacowboy

11,717 Messages
    15,906 Likes Received
    Yeah, but my copy/paste explains explains why he went in round 4. Your copy/paste makes him sound like a first round pick and future all-pro.

13. chicago JK

chicago JK Well-Known Member

2,576 Messages
    1,097 Likes Received
    His highlights looks pretty good to me, but just from the eye test he looks pretty finesse and does not bring a lot of punch on his hits. In today's NFL being able to cover is as important as it has ever been. I do worry about how weak our DT's are that our linebackers will continues to be exposed. Some of it is to their own doing, but it is my thoughts we will not get a full evaluation of our defense until our DT play improves.

14. Cowboysheelsreds053

Cowboysheelsreds053 Well-Known Member

11,386 Messages
    7,983 Likes Received
    LLLOOOLLL

America's Cowboy likes this.
  15. kskboys

kskboys Well-Known Member

28,307 Messages
    31,012 Likes Received
    I think he may be more of a role player in the NFL, which for a 4th round pick is fine.

Techsass likes this.
  16. Shane612

Shane612 Well-Known Member

1,771 Messages
    1,305 Likes Received
    Yup.
    I wonder what they said about Tom Brady....
    Heck, he's still winning championships, 20 years later.
    You never really know what you have.

17. atlantacowboy

11,717 Messages
    15,906 Likes Received
    We certainly don't. At least Cox is a player Jerry might have caught on TV.

18. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

51,502 Messages
    56,947 Likes Received
    I truly question if half of these posters are true Cowboys fans.
    They probably are fans, but more in the fair weather category. Very fair weather.

19. kskboys

kskboys Well-Known Member

28,307 Messages
    31,012 Likes Received
    Not to mention that playing behind a subpar DLine gets your LB's beat up and makes them possibly more prone to injuries.

Having a good disruptive DLine is what they call "Keeping your lb's clean". What you want is the DLine to keep the 320 pounders occupied. If everyone can be single blocked, there's extra blockers to hit your LB's.

20. blueblood70

blueblood70 Benched

19,512 Messages
    14,074 Likes Received
    not stretch i mean didnt both make PB here? lol but yes fans keep overlooking how bad the DL was last year..when Sean lee looks bad theres an issue and he took more then his share of bad angles and reads last year..

America's Cowboy and kskboys like this.