Why Jerry is trying to sign Dak now

Willfreedom909

Reaction score
it seems the front office knows Dak will be a hot commodity given his rapid development.

Since the Amari cooper trade Dak has a higher passer rating in his last 8 games than Drew Brees. His stats Projected over a 16 game season would have been 28 TDs 6INTs 110 passer rating

They know if they don’t sign him this offseason, far too many teams will back up the brinks truck for a 26 year old with a career passer rating higher than Tom Brady.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
it seems the front office knows Dak will be a hot commodity given his rapid development.

Since the Amari cooper trade Dak has a higher passer rating in his last 8 games than Drew Brees.

They know if they don’t sign him this offseason, far too many teams will back up the brinks truck for a 26 year old with a career passer rating higher than Tom Brady.
Cant disagree with your analysis

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Higher career passer rating than Tom Brady... a guy who has been playing in the league for what 20 years? Come on dude maintaining a career passer rating that high for that long is really no easy feat. Just stop.

I agree. 25 million a year too low? He’s got to make at least as much as Cousins right?

Bigdog

Reaction score

Since the Amari cooper trade Dak has a higher passer rating in his last 8 games than Drew Brees. His stats Projected over a 16 game season would have been 28 TDs 6INTs 110 passer rating

Well hopefully he gives the Cowboys a discount deal like Brady did for the Pats. I know it would help if Dak marries a super model that makes more than him but still it would be nice.

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
Higher career passer rating than Tom Brady... a guy who has been playing in the league for what 20 years? Come on dude maintaining a career passer rating that high for that long is really no easy feat. Just stop.

Your keying in on that one piece of his post, which I admit is a big stretch, and ignoring his whole point.

I think the OP is pretty spot on, JJ wants a deal now because JJ wants Dak and the open market will be very kind to him because there's never enough QBs to go around and he looks good and upward right now.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Your keying in on that one piece of his post, which I admit is a big stretch, and ignoring his whole point.

I think the OP is pretty spot on, JJ wants a deal now because JJ wants Dak and the open market will be very kind to him because there's never enough QBs to go around and he looks good and upward right now.

I wasn’t disagreeing with the whole post just the one part which is why I keyed in on it.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I agree. 25 million a year too low? He’s got to make at least as much as Cousins right?

Right now 23-25 is where I’d be at. If you would’ve asked me 2 weeks ago I would’ve said 18-21, but I saw somethings on Sunday that looked different, and things I was waiting for. I’m hoping he carries that over to Saturday

BoysWin

Reaction score

Only with ZEKE, DAL OL, Cooper and Beasley. How would DAK perform in GB or any place other without the above. Not as well. DAK deserves 20/32 QB rankings, not 1/32 QB rankings until its earned

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Most QBs passer ratings improve as they age not decrease.

Dak can only go up from here.

That’s not entirely true. A quick look at let’s say P. Manning’s career rating it does decrease from 13-15. I’m sure you can find a lot of similar stats, and I’m sure you can find stats that says the opposite. You didn’t need to do that to make what was actually a valid point.

AlienBoy

Reaction score
That’s cause Dak sucks right now, especially these last 2 years. Imagine what his rating might be like with a couple of more years of experience?
basher-seahawks.gif

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
Only with ZEKE, DAL OL, Cooper and Beasley. How would DAK perform in GB or any place other without the above. Not as well. DAK deserves 20/32 QB rankings, not 1/32 QB rankings until its earned

In GB he would have had the most consistent WR/ top 5 WR in football in Adams who is literally always open.

He Oline would have probably been better in GB as his OLine in Dallas is very average.

Rodgers is usually great- he sucked this year. If you think Dak is conservative watch Aarron Rodgers this year. He was terrified to throw any tight pass.

Dak probably would have done the same as he did here. It’s not like our system does anything creative.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Dak is a hard QB to judge.

He's looked very good. He's looked very bad.

Definite pluses for running and durability.
Definite problems with anticipation, seeing the field, and accuracy.

Has an elite RB to help him out. Has a nightmare of an OC holding him back.

It's hard to get over the flat out misses of WRs running clear to the endzone.

One thing is probably true - Jerry, Mr. Rose Colored Glasses, will see the positives more clearly and compellingly than the negatives, and want to sign him.

Wood

Reaction score

here is problem with that. Once you start paying Dak franchise money....he has to make everyone around him better. Up until few weeks ago the Cowboys Defense & Zeke where winning in spite of Dak turnover issues, inaccuracies & holding ball too long. I do agree that he is an improving player but this has to be last year he is universally seen as weakest QB in playoffs. Also, if Dallas gets bounced in 1st round and Dak didn't play well...this contract discussion will get unruly.

Last edited:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

They know if they don’t sign him this offseason, far too many teams will back up the brinks truck for a 26 year old:lmao2: with a career passer rating higher than Tom Brady.

LOL.......no comment its the children's hour here ......

Falco78

Reaction score
here is problem with that. Once you start paying Dak franchise money....he has to make everyone around him better. Up until few weeks ago the Cowboys Defense & Zeke where winning in spite of Dak turnover issues, inaccuracies & holding ball too long. I do agree that he is an improving player but this has to be last year he is universally seen as weakest QB in playoffs. Also, if Dallas gets bounced in 1st round and Dak didn't play well...this contract discussion will get unruly.
He's a young QB, nobody unless they're an idiot should expect Tom Brady to be taking the field for us. He has matured even with our dreadful play calling from the OC/our joke of a QB coach and one of the worst HC's in the league that any other team would have fired at least 3 times by now...