Why not grab Baker Mayfield? Dak may not be the answer

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by basel90, Jun 12, 2022.

1. basel90

basel90 Well-Known Member

CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
    3,101 Messages
    3,377 Likes Received
    yes the game was basically over by halftime . typical .

Hadenough likes this.
  2. shabazz

shabazz Well-Known Member

9,140 Messages
    14,857 Likes Received
    Ugh…….we don’t have to bring up other below average quarterbacks to boost up our vanilla quarterback.

Straw Man strikes yet again

Swagger and Hagman like this.
  3. wecasa

wecasa Well-Known Member

556 Messages
    701 Likes Received
    That was what I'm wondering. Garbage time Stats. What were they supposed to do, when they got behind by more than 3 scores give up? Sorry guys can't have dak getting garbage time stats so cooper rush get in there.

CowboysFaninHouston likes this.
  4. Corso

Corso Offseason mode... sleepy time

33,014 Messages
    59,220 Likes Received
    I'm glad I bowed out of this thread.
    It's stupid.
    I regret ever stepping in.

RustyBourneHorse, Hagman and kskboys like this.
  5. jaythecowboy

jaythecowboy Well-Known Member

2,570 Messages
    2,042 Likes Received
    Is this a troll topic?

1. Baker isn't better than Dak.
    2. Dak has a no trade clause with 2 years left on his deal.
    3. The Browns still want a 1st for Baker which is why he hasn't already been traded.
    4. Baker only has 1 year left on his deal and if by some miracle he started here and played better than Dak then Baker would get paid the same or more.
    5. BAKER ISN'T BETTER THAN DAK!

6. kskboys

kskboys Well-Known Member

33,840 Messages
    36,421 Likes Received
    I think your evaluation powers are really bad.

Mayfield's a backup.

7. Typhus

Typhus Captain Catfish

14,254 Messages
    15,755 Likes Received
    We drafted a bulldozer at Guard, so the OL will improve, this fan base and local media will put Tyler Smith in the lime light to be the local savior asap.
    I like the pick, he is a solid hard working young man, but entering the Dallas hype fest arena I just hope that he focuses solely on his game first and let the media hype
    fade.
    Hanging with Tyron will be a positive influence on the young buck, Tyron shyd the media like a pros pro his entire career.

8. shabazz

shabazz Well-Known Member

9,140 Messages
    14,857 Likes Received
    maybe the next one will be about Dak and Ryan Leaf…….

RustyBourneHorse and Corso like this.
  9. phildadon86

phildadon86 Well-Known Member

17,087 Messages
    23,322 Likes Received
    Lol. A game isn’t over at halftime if the other team gets to within 3 points. You people are hilarious.

10. Corso

Corso Offseason mode... sleepy time

33,014 Messages
    59,220 Likes Received
    I am SO getting into that...
    What am I saying?!

11. Jarntt

Jarntt Well-Known Member

1,479 Messages
    1,688 Likes Received
    And yet you put Mayfield forth as a solution?
    you realize that even at one year and only $18M per (supposedly now about half that as Cle is finally seemingly willing to eat a huge part of his contract to move him) not one team in the NFL wants anything to do with him?

Only on a Cowboy board…

12. CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninHouston CowboysFaninDC

23,537 Messages
    12,351 Likes Received
    I like the pick, but the kid has to take his first snap before being designated a saviour. I know how much williams sucked at LG with the penalties, but if he goes to have any level of success as a center in Miami, then that shows the incompetence of this GM and coaching staff not recognizing what his strengths were and having us be stuck with Biadasz.....

Typhus likes this.
  13. CowboysFaninHouston

23,537 Messages
    12,351 Likes Received
    its a favorite talking point of the Dak haters. just ask @PAPPYDOG

14. Hagman

Hagman Put Niland and Green in the ROH

2,785 Messages
    5,432 Likes Received
    This thread is like radiation. If you’re exposed to it for too long brain cells start to die and the rest of your body starts to mutate—I’m not sure into what exactly, but whatever it is you’ll be a complete idiot. Do not approach it unless wearing a lead suit.

They also should put hazard tape around the “I’m not saying Dak is better than Mahomes, but here’s stats to show Dak’s better than Mahomes”thread. It will also cause you to grow a third eye and nipples on your big toes.

Corso and Typhus like this.
  15. CowboysFaninHouston

23,537 Messages
    12,351 Likes Received
    I diagree with you. fact is you have no insight into cleveland and evident from your very first post that you think GMs around the league wanting to stick to cleveland and are waiting on Mayfield.....just out of this world

16. PAPPYDOG

PAPPYDOG There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    14,330 Messages
    22,080 Likes Received

17. CowboysFaninHouston

23,537 Messages
    12,351 Likes Received
    that explains the dak haters and dak sloberers (did I really used those terms :eek:)...they have none left.

Hagman likes this.
  18. Flamma

Flamma Well-Known Member

15,785 Messages
    13,212 Likes Received
    Hey, I agree. I was just pointing out that the OP wasn't trying to replace Aaron Rodgers, that's all. It's his opinion.

As far as the last part, salary only matters in regard to cap hit, not where they stand among the highest paid. Then each individual team has a separate cap based on rollover. Dak is 10th and only an 8.9% cap hit. That's ideal for now. I anticipate that spiking next year. It's the reason they're saving cap space. In order to have a similar cap hit next year, they'd have to push forward 30M. They're probably not doing that.

19. Flamma

Flamma Well-Known Member

15,785 Messages
    13,212 Likes Received
    The no trade clause is somewhat of a problem. The no tag clause is not. You don't want to have to tag a QB. It's paying way too much for one season. As far as the money goes, that hasn't been an issue yet. It will be down the road, and possibly as soon as next year. But so far it has not even been an issue as far as cap hit is concerned.

basel90 likes this.
  20. basel90

basel90 Well-Known Member

CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
    3,101 Messages
    3,377 Likes Received
    nope. strongly disagree. Dak has driven this team backward . But many fans are drinking the jerry Kool Aid. You just watch another wasted 2 seasons coming up . Many WINNABLE games are lost because dak cannot read defenses and all the nfl defenses know how to beat him. Baker or garapolo and other should get a look and give this team a spark. But it won't happen with this FO.

PAPPYDOG likes this.