Why Not Jon Kitna for OC?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If they seem so high on Kitna for QB coach. Then why not make him the OC?
Then if they really like that Boise State kid, let him learn a few more years.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
I'd rather dive head first into a wood chipper.
KR65qqw_d.jpg

dsturgeon

Reaction score

My guess would be that Kitna is a better qb coach than he is a play caller. The simple answers are usually right.

RS12

Reaction score
Why would be the better question. He is no less qualified than Moore though.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score

Maybe because John Kitna has a 50-74 win loss record...while Kellen was practically unbeaten in college.:rolleyes:

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
The real question is...why not Kellen for OC...Floaty as QB coach? I do have experience running an option offense...and got my own play book too.

Heck...I even came up w/ the famous Boise State hook and laterial to beat Oklahoma. Very few people know..there was more to that play...and how that play came into Bryan Harsin's hands.

No kidding...:rolleyes:

Chrispierce

Reaction score
He’s never coached on a NFL sideline,let him get a year under his belt,and let’s see what happens. This is something we’ve got to understand about the Moore situation too,is his title means nothing. What they want from him,is helping Garrett with the X’s and O’s on offense and the whole reason he’s here. Now with Linehan out of the way,he can do some things he’s probably been griping about to Garrett. And Garrett is the one who wants him on staff,and wants his help and input with the offense,so it’s not an uncomfortable matter. And I love this situation,because nothing is set in stone and you’re not tied to the hip to it. Even right now today we are a better team no matter what. Dak got a good QB coach in Kitna,and Linehan is out the door. I see a win win. Doesn’t work? You can then hire a guy you maybe liked,but wasn’t available for another year without any big waves. We’re in a good place Cowboys Nation.

chagus

Reaction score
He’s never coached on a NFL sideline,let him get a year under his belt,and let’s see what happens. This is something we’ve got to understand about the Moore situation too,is his title means nothing. What they want from him,is helping Garrett with the X’s and O’s on offense and the whole reason he’s here. Now with Linehan out of the way,he can do some things he’s probably been griping about to Garrett. And Garrett is the one who wants him on staff,and wants his help and input with the offense,so it’s not an uncomfortable matter. And I love this situation,because nothing is set in stone and you’re not tied to the hip to it. Even right now today we are a better team no matter what. Dak got a good QB coach in Kitna,and Linehan is out the door. I see a win win. Doesn’t work? You can then hire a guy you maybe liked,but wasn’t available for another year without any big waves. We’re in a good place Cowboys Nation.
Thats some good logic you're preaching there.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Is Kellen Moore gonna be a college OC? If not, why does it matter what he did in college.

Because the concepts we ran here in Boise w/ him...were way more sophiticated than anything Linehan ever ran in Dallas. I just about died last year watching the Cowboys vs Seahawks game. I still can't believe that was a professional football game plan...and thats what Jerry was selling to the public. I mean...I literally think I could come up w/ something more original....given the time.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Thats some good logic you're preaching there.
Thank you. And as much as I’d to take the credit,I’m just parlaying Stephen’s thoughts on things. That’s basically how he views the situation. Kinda like how our FO tells you a lot in interviews,that other clubs don’t. One of the perks of being a Dallas fan....we got a great media dept,and no shortage of interviews.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
I think either way he’ll be involved overall so he’ll have input throughout the offense

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The problem I see with that is he has been away from any association with football at anything above high school football level since the day he retired from the NFL. He lived his life as a QB, so he should be able to handle QB coach just fine, but to be an OC after having been away from the NFL for 5-6 years is something else.