Why Not Jon Kitna for OC?

black label

Reaction score
Because the concepts we ran here in Boise w/ him...were way more sophiticated than anything Linehan ever ran in Dallas. I just about died last year watching the Cowboys vs Seahawks game. I still can't believe that was a professional football game plan...and thats what Jerry was selling to the public. I mean...I literally think I could come up w/ something more original....given the time.
You can only plan what dak can give you. Dak is too stupid for exotic stuff. And you cant blame linehan for that.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The problem I see with that is he has been away from any association with football at anything above high school football level since the day he retired from the NFL. He lived his life as a QB, so he should be able to handle QB coach just fine, but to be an OC after having been away from the NFL for 5-6 years is something else.

And this is different from a QB player to QB coach to OC how? All of what, 6 years in the NFL, plus his college and high school days.
Kitna's experience as an NFL QB as well as from his high school and college games. And he has HC experience though in high school. FAR out weighs Moor'e total experience.

Look at how many coaches come back after years away too. You don't lose it that quick.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And this is different from a QB player to QB coach to OC how? All of what, 6 years in the NFL, plus his college and high school days.
Kitna's experience as an NFL QB as well as from his high school and college games. And he has HC experience though in high school. FAR out weighs Moor'e total experience.

Look at how many coaches come back after years away too. You don't lose it that quick.
I wasn’t defending the idea of Moore as the OC - I don’t think he has enough experience at this point. Nor was I saying Moore would be better than Kitna - I have no way of knowing that, although I think at least short term Moore would be better equipped because he hasn’t been away from the NFL for 5-6 years. You ask how being away from the NFL for 5-6 years is different than being in the NFL the last 5-6 years? That seems pretty self explanatory to me.

lukin2006

Reaction score
At this point we should be thankful Jerry doesn't hire his grand kid as OC.

kevm3

Reaction score
How about we stop with these experimental hires and get a renowned name at OC?