Why not just make Kellen the new head coach?

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Moore probably won't be a play-caller under McCarthy but he will probably be delegated OC duties with a new playbook. A new HC in Dallas will focus in commanding the entire team, he can't fall into the Wade Phillips/ Chan Gailey tramp.

That would be weird as hell, but hey, it's Dallas. We had two defensive coordinators last year!

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
You’ve said said some crazy stuff in the past but this takes the cake

Honestly....I'm not gonna be shocked if he's in the running. They called me crazy for saying he could play...he did that. They called me crazy for saying he could coach the QBs. He did that. They called me crazy when I said he would make a good offensive coordinator....Now we have the #1 offense.

Just saying....Keep calling me crazy. ;)

He's gonna make a good head coach....it's just a matter of when....not if. :popcorn:

johneric8

Reaction score
Eventually...it's gonna happen. Somewhere...if not here. A young up and coming protege.. Is he ready?......I'll concede... he's probably not....but here is something to think about....He's already got more experience than Lincoln Riley.

Jerry wants that Sean Peyton type coach that calls his own plays......What we are really missing is a really good defensive coordinator.

Flame suite on. Fire away....Thoughts? :popcorn:

Welcome to the fan forum young man! it must be neato graduating from SpongeBob and participation trophies to adopting your very own football team to cheer for! I heard that Kellen the beaver Moore is a swell guy and would love to autograph am 8x10 for you. Maybe write him a neat letter encouraging him to lobby for that head coaching job.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Oddly enough the "flame suite" is the best part of this post. :laugh:

Last edited:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Eventually...it's gonna happen. Somewhere...if not here. A young up and coming protege.. Is he ready?......I'll concede... he's probably not....but here is something to think about....He's already got more experience than Lincoln Riley.

Jerry wants that Sean Peyton type coach that calls his own plays......What we are really missing is a really good defensive coordinator.

I think we have had enough of the "on the job" training...……………….Moore has shown some good signs, but he is not anywhere ready to be HC.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score

Who do u bring in as DC? Marvin Lewis?

ESisback

Reaction score
NN
giphy.gif
Not exactly a flamethrower, but...

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I think we have had enough of the "on the job" training...……………….Moore has shown some good signs, but he is not anywhere ready to be HC.

It would depend on what kind of coaching staff could he put together....that would be the key. He would need a strong defensive coordinator that he wouldn't have to worry about. A guy I'd like to see him bring back to the offense is Bill Callahan.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
And yet he managed to get our offense to a #1 ranking....:thumbup:

I look @ it this way....Is he here before his time? Yeah...probably....but Sean McVay isn't that much older....So it can be done.

Ya no matter who they get they're a good 3 years away.
The bad thing is....whoever Jerry hires...there is going to be a learning curve. They just aren't gonna walk through the door and the Cowboys are winning a Super Bowl.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Who do u bring in as DC? Marvin Lewis?

It was stated Lewis wouldn't come here unless he could bring his buddy Hue Jackson....I want nothing to do w/ Jackson and his Cleveland baggage....:rolleyes:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
It would depend on what kind of coaching staff could he put together....that would be the key. He would need a strong defensive coordinator that he wouldn't have to worry about. A guy I'd like to see him bring back to the offense is Bill Callahan.

I like Moore, I think he has a lot of great potential but he needs to sit and learn behind a good head coach like McCarthy.

In time, he will get his opportunity.

DallasCowboys2080

Reaction score
And yet he managed to get our offense to a #1 ranking....:thumbup:

I look @ it this way....Is he here before his time? Yeah...probably....but Sean McVay isn't that much older....So it can be done.

The bad thing is....whoever Jerry hires...there is going to be a learning curve. They just aren't gonna walk through the door and the Cowboys are winning a Super Bowl.

I mean i like the kid but Dallas needs someone proven.

Dude is too green.

#1 ranking but could t win those close games. Now I dont know who to blame him or JG for some of that.

Kellen needs more time. Let's see how he does under a better HC first. Way to premature.

HardHittin'Witten

This ain't Madden
Reaction score

giphy.gif

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Absolutely not because he will be just as hard to get rid of as Garrett was. I did say that Moore will be our HC a couple of years ago but I hope that I am wrong. No more pet projects or favoritism.