Why not just make Kellen the new head coach?

TheCritic

Reaction score
Most excellent thread. Finally a Cowboys fan other than myself who gets the genius of Kellen Moore. Pretty shrewd if you ask me. A first-year OC has the #1 offense in the NFL but does it in a way that gets the head coach fired. Pure brilliance! And now Jerry is going to hire some tough-guy head coach whose basic message to the team will be "Do what Kellen says or I'm going to kick your ***!!" and Kellen will reap all the benefits while some stiff will do the dirty work. Genius!!!

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I like Moore, I think he has a lot of great potential but he needs to sit and learn behind a good head coach like McCarthy.

In time, he will get his opportunity.

Rodgers made McCarthy...and then in the end...when McCarthy tried to grasp more power/control of the offense....the house of cards crashed.

I don't want to see that power struggle here...

mathew1184

Reaction score
Dude...Im from Boise, dont make us look insane.

Chill, hes not close to ready..

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Eventually...it's gonna happen. Somewhere...if not here. A young up and coming protege.. Is he ready?......I'll concede... he's probably not....but here is something to think about....He's already got more experience than Lincoln Riley.

Jerry wants that Sean Peyton type coach that calls his own plays......What we are really missing is a really good defensive coordinator.

Flame suite on. Fire away....Thoughts? :popcorn:
Not enough experience

Acheman08

Reaction score
God no! Please, no. I think he was in over his head this season as OC at critical moments. Sure, they ran up numbers vs crap teams, but that has more to do with the talent on the roster than any great game planning IMO. Same with Richard. I dont want Jerry throwing any more crap at the wall to see what sticks. Get a real coach with experience.

leeblair

Reaction score
Eventually...it's gonna happen. Somewhere...if not here. A young up and coming protege.. Is he ready?......I'll concede... he's probably not....but here is something to think about....He's already got more experience than Lincoln Riley.

Jerry wants that Sean Peyton type coach that calls his own plays......What we are really missing is a really good defensive coordinator.

Flame suite on. Fire away....Thoughts? :popcorn:
I think he'd do very well.
He IS NOT like Jason Garrett!
Moore was taught fundamentals and coaching from the time he was a kid.
He's still the best quarterback on the team.
I think it's a fair consideration.

Blake

Reaction score
Your long-standing infatuation with the kid is kinda creepy.