Reaction score
There is no glaring hole at WR. You have
Hurns
T Will
Beasley
Switzer
Thompson
Brown
WR is not a need. Hurns has replaced Dez. In this offense with this QB you don’t need a “Number 1” WR. You need a number 1 LG!
SMH.....man this list is pitiful. Sorry. And they may overachieve and look good next season.....I don't care about labels. I don't care about "#1 receivers". I just want playmakers and I don't see many playmakers if any. The plan was to IMPROVE last season receiving core. Hurns replacing Brice Butler...I understood. But now Thompson replacing Butler and Hurns replacing Dez? We didn't improve this core.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WR isn’t at the top of the list of needs for the team. If a good one were available, great. But adding another middling guy to our current group won’t help much anyway.

We were fortunate that Hurns was available.

stiletto

Reaction score
Tyron Smith + Zeke for all 16 games = success. Allen Hurns can replace 99% of Dez's production, it is proven with less of a QB in Blake Bortles

Dez Bryant last 3 seasons:
38 games
150 - 2,035 17 TD's
4 games of 100+ yards

Allen Hurns last 3 seasons:
36 games
138 - 1,992 15 TD's
6 games of 100+ yards

Dont cry about Dez...get Tyron Smith healty, Zeke on the field EVERY game and some upgrades on D and this team will function as good as any.. .watch...

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hurns
T Will
Beasley
Switzer
Thompson
Brown
WR is not a need. Hurns has replaced Dez. In this offense with this QB you don’t need a “Number 1” WR. You need a number 1 LG!

And how many games will hurns miss this year?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Hurns
T Will
Beasley
Switzer
Thompson
Brown

That is one of the worst WR cores in the entire league.

And yes, there is a huge hole at WR. Why do you think they have been interviewing and working out every 1st round graded WR from the combine? Just for the hell of it?

You don't waste you 30 national visits on players you have no intention of drafting. WRs are on the list because they plan to hit WR early.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
WR isn’t at the top of the list of needs for the team. If a good one were available, great. But adding another middling guy to our current group won’t help much anyway.

We were fortunate that Hurns was available.

I don't think the team got your memo Idgit, looks like WR in the first round is pretty much a lock.

I think they like Sutton over Ridley..............if he is there at 19, Sutton is the pick, no doubt.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
I don't think the team got your memo Idgit, looks like WR in the first round is pretty much a lock.

I think they like Sutton over Ridley..............if he is there at 19, Sutton is the pick, no doubt.
I couldn't agree with you more....this team has a way of telegraphing their every move....the whole NFL knows we need a WR, OG, LB....which will probably be our first 3 picks in some order.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I couldn't agree with you more....this team has a way of telegraphing their every move....the whole NFL knows we need a WR, OG, LB....which will probably be our first 3 picks in some order.

Yep, this team under Jerry has never used smoke screens when it comes to the draft. If you listen to their comments and who they bring in on visits, you pretty much can tell what they are going to do. As much as I would like for them to use trickery, they just don't. They are brutally honest when it comes to the draft.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

We’ll see. It wouldn’t shock me. But it’d be another first round mistake if they do.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
We’ll see. It wouldn’t shock me. But it’d be another first round mistake if they do.

Having every starter on offense being a first round pick is just part of the process Idgit.;)

Trust the process, something great is being built here:laugh:

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Glaring hole? If only we had a true #1? I heard Dez Bryant is available.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Having every starter on offense being a first round pick is just part of the process Idgit.;)

Trust the process, something great is being built here:laugh:

You forget, I’m of the opinion we’ve had a competitive team since 2014 using the process.

We haven’t overdrafted the WR yet. I think we go defense at 19 and WR at 50 unless a trade before the draft changes things.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Hurns
T Will
Beasley
Switzer
Thompson
Brown
We also have Lance Lenoir and KD cannon

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

I think this leaves us where we were last year at WR. Which was a problem. We need a WR to displace Williams at 2.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
We haven’t overdrafted the WR yet. I think we go defense at 19 and WR at 50 unless a trade before the draft changes things.

Maybe a tradeback from 19 if a prime prospect isn't there. If we trade back, maybe Moore in the late 20s. Or a G.

Given our board and the 19th, I get the feeling there won't be a prime player at what we need, but quite a few equivalent players for us. Move back, stockpile value. Then move another pick into the 1st or 2nd.