Why should Garrett not get fired?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Ranching, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Mobinvans

Mobinvans Well-Known Member

3,320 Messages
    5,461 Likes Received
    But who's going to bring Jerry his coffee and whiskey

Ranching likes this.
  2. Galian Beast

Galian Beast Well-Known Member

14,690 Messages
    7,372 Likes Received
    The division is absolute garbage. Even if they make the playoffs, there is no real thought to winning any games. Fortunately, they would play a wild card team, but likely still lose.

EJK24 and Ranching like this.
  3. JMech

JMech Well-Known Member

334 Messages
    334 Likes Received
    He has pictures of Jerry with the farm animals......

Ranching likes this.
  4. Hawkeye19

Hawkeye19 Well-Known Member

3,245 Messages
    8,036 Likes Received
    Yep... agreed. But you have to remember who owns the team.

As long as “there is a chance” to hit oil— JJ will keep drilling. Just get into the playoffs and “see what happens”.

However— past performance is the greatest predictor of future success— so, yah. I imagine we get smoked in round one.

The division crown will be ours only because we sucked less than everyone else in the NFCE, not because we are a good team. We are a mediocre team.

I think that reality is hitting JJ (finally) as his postgame comments about being frustrated with the outcome of games considering the makeup of the roster are pretty revealing

Ranching and Galian Beast like this.
  5. Retro88

Retro88 Active Member

127 Messages
    109 Likes Received
    I dont understand how anyone can support him to remain our coach. Even if you believe he's a good coach, its obvious that something isnt working and it's time for a shakeup regardless.

EJK24 and Ranching like this.
  6. rags

rags Active Member

145 Messages
    132 Likes Received
    Why should Garrett not get fired? Because Jerry can't be without his puppet.

Ranching likes this.
  7. sean10mm

sean10mm Well-Known Member

1,704 Messages
    2,604 Likes Received
    The Patrots have a borderline stiff at RB and Tom Brady at QB... and had more rushing attempts than the Cowboys. Not sure how you justify that from the Cowboys.

Ranching likes this.
  8. fredp22

fredp22 Well-Known Member

1,026 Messages
    1,309 Likes Received
    1- We have a good team. Its the coaching thats the problem
    2- Garrett built this team. What do you mean he deserves better?

Ranching likes this.
  9. AlienBoy

AlienBoy Well-Known Member

469 Messages
    541 Likes Received
    Did you all see the ‘49ers last night? Damn! What a dismantling of the Packers. That’s what we have to compete against.

Diehardblues likes this.
  10. Diehardblues

Diehardblues Well-Known Member

26,709 Messages
    15,606 Likes Received
    Everyone appears exhausted with Garrett. We need a new puppet and new material. Lol

I think Garrett has had enough too. I hear his family is advising him to walk at end of season and pursue other offers. Let Garrett go somewhere with more control and see what he can do without this dysfunctional organization.

I wish him well. He’ll be leaving us in better shape than we were when he took over.

Next puppet up!

11. Diehardblues

Diehardblues Well-Known Member

26,709 Messages
    15,606 Likes Received
    That’s really the 64 million dollar question.

What HC we’d want will be willing to come here without control with all the meddling and tweeting from the face of the Cowboys and Dr of Death for this football operation for an entire generation.

rags likes this.
  12. Chrispierce

Chrispierce Well-Known Member

4,007 Messages
    3,851 Likes Received
    You know....I actually can’t think of a good enough reason to keep him. Made some arguments with myself,no...I couldn’t make a good case. I’d rather cut loose and go with some interim for a year till they get the right man,than order this same dinner course next year too. It’s just become too predictable...”Oh here’s the part of the story where....”. It’s enough...time to change books.

13. chicago JK

chicago JK Well-Known Member

2,366 Messages
    878 Likes Received
    This team can certainly do worse than Garret as coach. I have nightmares of A Jeff Fisher appearance. With that being said, I have been done with Garrett for at least 4 years. It was easy to see he was not winning a super bowl here. Once you figure that out, u are just wasting time with him sticking around. It is sad that Jerry thought he could win with him.

It is probably good for Jason to move too. Maybe he can go to a stable team and change his narrative. I just don’t think he is a very good coach though.

Although I am not sure the next coach will be much different here. And yes, jerry could pick a worse coach. We are also a team that is going to be heavy with a lot of second contract players who may not live up to their name in play. May not be the best team for a coach to jump to.