CFZ Why Shouldn't Tony Pollard Leave Dallas?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
This season....

Zeke: 443 yards
Pollard: 506 yards

Zeke: 0 100-yard rushing games
Pollard: 2 100-yard rushing games.

Zeke:4 TDs
Pollard: 5 TDs

Zeke: 6 catches
Pollard: 12 catches

Zeke: 32 receiving yards
Pollard: 121 receiving yards

Zeke: 15 carries a game
Pollard: 10 carries a game

Zeke: 63 YPG
Pollard: 63 YPG

Zeke: 4.1 YPA (32nd in the NFL)
Pollard: 6.2 YPA (1st in the NFL)

Then, after he rushes for 140 yards and 3 TDs Sunday you have Jerry coming out to let everyone know that Zeke is the man, we will go as he goes, and everything runs through Zeke blah blah blah.

Let's be real here for a second, Pollard has been better than Zeke for 2 years now.

Why shouldn't Pollard ditch this disrespect and go somewhere that will feature him? Surely, he wants an opportunity to be the real starter somewhere instead of living in a lesser players shadow because he doesn't make as much money. Everyone can see who makes the offense more explosive and who we seem to be able to speed things up with.

It's fine to let Zeke and Pollard split the carries to change up the pace, but I don't see how anyone can justify Zeke getting the majority of the carries at this point. The better player is Pollard at this point and he needs to be getting more of the playing time.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I don't want him to leave but it's realistic that he can and will get offered much more elsewhere! First day of free agency, Jaguars sign Rb Tony Pollard to a 4 year 56 million dollar deal!
I think that's what will happen.

A team will offer him starting RB money while the Cowboys will offer him "split the carries with Zeke" money.

cowboybish

Reaction score
This season....

Zeke: 443 yards
Pollard: 506 yards

Zeke: 0 100-yard rushing games
Pollard: 2 100-yard rushing games.

Zeke:4 TDs
Pollard: 5 TDs

Zeke: 6 catches
Pollard: 12 catches

Zeke: 32 receiving yards
Pollard: 121 receiving yards

Zeke: 15 carries a game
Pollard: 10 carries a game

Zeke: 63 YPG
Pollard: 63 YPG

Zeke: 4.1 YPA (32nd in the NFL)
Pollard: 6.2 YPA (1st in the NFL)

Then, after he rushes for 140 yards and 3 TDs Sunday you have Jerry coming out to let everyone know that Zeke is the man, we will go as he goes, and everything runs through Zeke blah blah blah.

Let's be real here for a second, Pollard has been better than Zeke for 2 years now.

Why shouldn't Pollard ditch this disrespect and go somewhere that will feature him? Surely, he wants an opportunity to be the real starter somewhere instead of living in a lesser players shadow because he doesn't make as much money. Everyone can see who makes the offense more explosive and who we seem to be able to speed things up with.

It's fine to let Zeke and Pollard split the carries to change up the pace, but I don't see how anyone can justify Zeke getting the majority of the carries at this point. The better player is Pollard at this point and he needs to be getting more of the playing time.
One more year and zekes gone!

foofighters

Reaction score
Pollard is gone next year. I don't want to see him leave but I hope we've learned our lesson about running backs. Next year, our most explosive back is still playing college ball somewhere. Jerry can't quit Zeke!!!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I think that's what will happen.

A team will offer him starting RB money while the Cowboys will offer him "split the carries with Zeke" money.

Exactly and it's not realistic unless he really likes being a split back or staying in Dallas

HanD

Reaction score
Who cares, it was an example!!
It was a terrible one. Find one that is actually plausible.

you literally could take 2 seconds and choose every team in our division or a team like car who just traded away cmc.

Last edited:

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Exactly and it's not realistic unless he really likes being a split back or staying in Dallas
Maybe he does like it, but I doubt he likes the disrespect from his boss talking about how great Zeke is, basically taking the attention away from Pollards great game, to remind everyone that Zeke is the man.

I don't see how any player would like that to be honest.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I will wait until after the season before I waste any brain cells on it. Man, I need all I can to keep my sanity from this place, on every topic. :lmao:

We, know Zeke's contract is the big issue, and what happens there will determine much of this.
Renegotiate, release, try to keep Pollard, who knows, other factors between now and then may help determine that.
Could we see 2 new RB's here next year. Zeke get's released, and Pollard bolts for a new team.

Flamma

Reaction score
I would like him to be the featured back.

I believe he will leave if this doesn't happen.

I think he couldn't care less about being a featured back. Pay him market value and he'd be happy. If I'm being paid market value, I'm not going to care if someone else is doing half my job. He's not a quarterback.

When I go to work I get 2 hours break in an 8 hour shift. If I have an extra person, it's 4 hours break. I don't complain. :D