Why was the edit feature taken away?

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Just curious. It really puts pressure on you to check for grammatical errors the first time.

Edit: Maybe there is a timeline in which you can make an edit or maybe it is forum specific?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maikeru-sama;2119896 said:
Just curious. It really puts pressure on you to check for grammatical errors the first time.

Edit: Maybe there is a timeline in which you can make an edit or maybe it is forum specific?
There's a timeline in which edits can be made by members. I think it's an hour, at most.

So it depends on how long you took before you attempted to make your edit.

If the edit function is gone right after you post, then we have a problem.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
bbgun;2123419 said:
Why can't we edit thread titles? Or can we?
When you first post the thread, I think you have the ability to change the thread title. I'm not sure, but I think that lasts maybe 5-10 mins. After that, I think you have to get a mod to change it.

Rackat

Reaction score
Is there a reason why we can no longer edit our posts after that 1st hour? It's kind of aggravating to make a post, then close out your browser for a while to work, then come back and notice the typo but not be able to fix it.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Rackat;2123681 said:
Is there a reason why we can no longer edit our posts after that 1st hour? It's kind of aggravating to make a post, then close out your browser for a while to work, then come back and notice the typo but not be able to fix it.
It is just the time limit we put on it. If it really aggravates you to see a typo in your post, PM a mod with the URL of the post and we will gladly fix it.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rackat;2123681 said:
It's the default setting for the members...and that's pretty much set in stone. If the typo is really aggravating, PM a mod.

My recommendation is to click the Preview button to review your post before posting.

If you use the quick reply function, but want to preview your post, then you have to click the Go Advanced button.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2119896 said:

No, the mods decided you couldn't be trusted with such advanced technology... everybody but you still has the edit feature...

Some of us don't need it... :D

Rackat

Reaction score
Thanks Hos and WG. A lot of times I am posting from work and have to type and post quickly, and sometimes overlook a typo. Thanks for the clarification and the offer to change the typos.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Edit is an underlooked at value ad to message boards of sport