Why would Dak want to come back?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Thats all you respond to. Not me calling you out on this apparent mutiny between him Cooper and Zeke. Im done. You believe what you want. Ill believe what I want.

It was like a side comment by someone like Jane Slater or something...

As many in tuned Cowboy fans as we have on this site i'm sure someone can back me on it because i'm not just making that up.

I wouldn't make a big deal about it but we can go on a massive google search to find it I guess.

phildadon86

Reaction score
It was like a side comment by someone like Jane Slater or something...

As many in tuned Cowboy fans as we have on this site i'm sure someone can back me on it because i'm not just making that up.

I wouldn't make a big deal about it but we can go on a massive google search to find it I guess.
Quick google search revealed nothing go figure. Ill take what Dak said on live TV about not being the highest paid because he doesnt feel he deserved to be as the correct thing.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...-paid-qb-doesnt-feel-like-he-can-ask-for-that

Interestingly, this might not be the case. If you didn’t catch it due to celebrating the win that the Cowboys were in the process of putting together, FOX sideline reporter offered some very interesting insight on Dak Prescott’s contract situation. According to her, Prescott understands that he won’t be the highest-paid quarterback in the NFL, and he doesn’t feel like he can ask for “those kinds of riches” since he hasn’t won a Super Bowl.

Interesting. You being wrong. Again.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Just so I'm transparent..I am not a dak hater. Rooting for the kid to be the one. But don't see any reason for him to not look elsewhere.

There is a very simple minded way of thinking for some on this forum.

You can like Dak and also think that him being paid like an Elite QB is not good for the Cowboys in terms of winning a championship.

The same people on here love to say.. Well the defense isn't good enough.. Or oline didn't block well enough.. Or he only had Allan Hurns, Thompson, and Gallup...

They want their cake and eat it too and if you don't think Dak can do it under those circumstances you're a hater when he has 1 playoff win under optimal contract circumstances.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's not his choice, they can tag him again and he'd have to sit out and no player is doing that with 37M on the table.

He is not a player lacking confidence in himself and he thinks he can make a difference and he also realizes all that ancillary endorsement dough is because he is the QB of the DC. And the career paths of the two tenured QB's before him is not lost on him. Any Cowboy has a leg up on a broadcasting career because of the recognition factor.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is a very simple minded way of thinking for some on this forum.

You can like Dak and also think that him being paid like an Elite QB is not good for the Cowboys in terms of winning a championship.

The same people on here love to say.. Well the defense isn't good enough.. Or oline didn't block well enough.. Or he only had Allan Hurns, Thompson, and Gallup...

They want their cake and eat it too and if you don't think Dak can do it under those circumstances you're a hater when he has 1 playoff win under optimal contract circumstances.
There is also another very good reason for accepting Prescott as the guy. If not him, then who?

All of the ones that don't want him, or don't want to pay him, think there is another option and don't stop to think of the track record this FO has at that position, they needed luck to get the last two QB's and wanted Lynch and Cook. You want these people looking for a QB?

blueblood70

Reaction score
It's not his choice, they can tag him again and he'd have to sit out and no player is doing that with 37M on the table.

He is not a player lacking confidence in himself and he thinks he can make a difference and he also realizes all that ancillary endorsement dough is because he is the QB of the DC. And the career paths of the two tenured QB's before him is not lost on him. Any Cowboy has a leg up on a broadcasting career because of the recognition factor.

i believe 100% lock it in Dak will attempt a holdout as long as possible given his injury he wont risk it twice, so a Non exclusive tag for him to seek a trade the COWBOTS agree with will most likely be on the table..

Dak wont play under the tag this year or at least attempt a holdout and force trade if a LTD is not struck on time..

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Quick google search revealed nothing go figure. Ill take what Dak said on live TV about not being the highest paid because he doesnt feel he deserved to be as the correct thing.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...-paid-qb-doesnt-feel-like-he-can-ask-for-that

Interestingly, this might not be the case. If you didn’t catch it due to celebrating the win that the Cowboys were in the process of putting together, FOX sideline reporter offered some very interesting insight on Dak Prescott’s contract situation. According to her, Prescott understands that he won’t be the highest-paid quarterback in the NFL, and he doesn’t feel like he can ask for “those kinds of riches” since he hasn’t won a Super Bowl.

Interesting. You being wrong. Again.

"It's important for all these guys to get every bit of their worth. I want to see Zeke the highest-paid. I want to see Amari the highest-paid. I want to see myself up there. And I don't think any of that is too far-fetched. Because at the end of the day, when it's all said and done, a year or two later, you're not going to be the highest-paid. That's just the way the game goes."

"I don't think it's fair to sit there and say, 'This guy can't get that because he needs the rest of the team,'" Prescott said. "The rest of the team can all get theirs with the way the league is trending."

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/ww...against-taking-hometown-deal-0ap3000001035619

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Somebody has to ask the question..whether you like him or don't. Why in the hell would he not want to leave?? I mean this team is a dumpster fire. If I were him I would be off like a prom dress. Like panties on prom night.
Out like zeke in a beauty contest.
He can't win anything here.
Am I wrong?

You're right. I wouldn't blame him if he sought greener pastures.

phildadon86

Reaction score
"It's important for all these guys to get every bit of their worth. I want to see Zeke the highest-paid. I want to see Amari the highest-paid. I want to see myself up there. And I don't think any of that is too far-fetched. Because at the end of the day, when it's all said and done, a year or two later, you're not going to be the highest-paid. That's just the way the game goes."

"I don't think it's fair to sit there and say, 'This guy can't get that because he needs the rest of the team,'" Prescott said. "The rest of the team can all get theirs with the way the league is trending."

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/ww...against-taking-hometown-deal-0ap3000001035619
That doesnt sound like a pact between teammates at all dude. It sounds more like him saying we deserve to get paid. The link i posted fully says he doesnt want to be the highest paid.

Flamma

Reaction score
Somebody has to ask the question..whether you like him or don't. Why in the hell would he not want to leave?? I mean this team is a dumpster fire. If I were him I would be off like a prom dress. Like panties on prom night.
Out like zeke in a beauty contest.
He can't win anything here.
Am I wrong?

If you get 35-40 million A year with over 100 million guaranteed you play for the Jets of need be.

Adreme

Reaction score
Really?

He's been offered deals better than those guys but he's trying to squeeze every drop out of the team.

He reportedly went into the offseason and made a pact with Zeke and Amari that they would all 3 do their best to get every penny.

He has been offered deals that have been shown to CLEARLY be below market value. We saw market value this year. The fact that they tried to pay him 15-20% under that speaks volumes.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i believe 100% lock it in Dak will attempt a holdout as long as possible given his injury he wont risk it twice, so a Non exclusive tag for him to seek a trade the COWBOTS agree with will most likely be on the table..

Dak wont play under the tag this year or at least attempt a holdout and force trade if a LTD is not struck on time..
Could be but I don't see that even if they didn't get a deal done but I do think they will get a deal done and quickly, as soon as the date opens up, I think it gets inked.

garyo1954

Reaction score
Why would he come back?

1. He gets to buddy up with our $90 million clown.
2. Best WR in the NFL.
3. About $35 million other small things.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
That doesnt sound like a pact between teammates at all dude. It sounds more like him saying we deserve to get paid. The link i posted fully says he doesnt want to be the highest paid.

Like I said.. It was a side comment made by a reporter.. I wish I could find it but I can't..

So take it as non fact me saying that unless someone else can find it.

I apologize for that.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The one thing that could affect this is what if they end up with a top 3 pick and I didn't think that was probable until the last 10 days.

There are going to be some name QB's coming out with the two prizes being Lawrence and Fields but Lance is not far behind.

The Cowboys draft position could affect this situation and if Prescott would balk at the tag, that could dictate the pick.

Lot's of things to happen between now and then including his health in 5-6 months.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Could be but I don't see that even if they didn't get a deal done but I do think they will get a deal done and quickly, as soon as the date opens up, I think it gets inked.
only way it avoids all that i proposed..

however if im the Fo I'm bringing the exact contract back that was last offered..given his injury i try and use that and try and get dak at 35AAV and maybe up the guarantees with a injury to the same ankle clause for insurance..

i know all the bs narratives on market being higher now..meh lots have changed now with the injury and Daks not superman where he can bet on himself, last year was the shoulder cost us a game or two and now his ankle, he my not want to FT again and sign a more team friendly deal now..who knows

phildadon86

Reaction score
Like I said.. It was a side comment made by a reporter.. I wish I could find it but I can't..

So take it as non fact me saying that unless someone else can find it.

I apologize for that.
No need man. And honestly while we may disagree. We are all fans of the same team. No animosity at all cowboy brother

kevm3

Reaction score
Looks like Cowboys are going in firesale mode, so Dak would be an idiot to stick around unless he's shooting for a commentator job after the game is over. He can get paid AND possibly win a superbowl elsewhere.