Why would Dak want to come back?

Jfconrow

Reaction score
He would want to come back because he knows the system. If he goes somewhere else he’s not getting a big contract without playing a year. A good move by Dallas would be use the 1st round tender on him. But he could spend the next couple years rehabbing collect $50m and never come back. So $50m to do nothing sounds pretty good. I agree he should look around there’s no Oline and Zeke is Richardson 2.0

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
And without him we can't even beat terrible teams and Zeke looks like Trent Richardson 2.0. :laugh:

I like being this bad. It's a good thing.

Being mediocre has just lead to more mediocrity for us and we have maintained mediocrity for the most part since Bill Parcells rebuilt this thing from consistent 5-11.

Being stuck in the middle is the worst place to be in sports.

Fires are sometimes what a forest needs to grow back stronger. We need a few miserable years IMO to break away from being mediocre.

kevm3

Reaction score
If Dak is smart, he'd plan his exit. Let someone else ruin their career while Jerry and Stephen try to play real life madden and drive this franchise into perpetual mediocrity. After 25 years of failure, you'd think they get the hint that it's time to hire a GM, but they still don't seem to be figuring it out

cavemanct

Reaction score
If you get 35-40 million A year with over 100 million guaranteed you play for the Jets of need be.
Really??
I like being this bad. It's a good thing.

Being mediocre has just lead to more mediocrity for us and we have maintained mediocrity for the most part since Bill Parcells rebuilt this thing from consistent 5-11.

Being stuck in the middle is the worst place to be in sports.

Fires are sometimes what a forest needs to grow back stronger. We need a few miserable years IMO to break away from being mediocre.
It's been twenty five years

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Somebody has to ask the question..whether you like him or don't. Why in the hell would he not want to leave?? I mean this team is a dumpster fire. If I were him I would be off like a prom dress. Like panties on prom night.
Out like zeke in a beauty contest.
He can't win anything here.
Am I wrong?
Don't let the door hit him in the A@@!!!!

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
There is also another very good reason for accepting Prescott as the guy. If not him, then who?

All of the ones that don't want him, or don't want to pay him, think there is another option and don't stop to think of the track record this FO has at that position, they needed luck to get the last two QB's and wanted Lynch and Cook. You want these people looking for a QB?

I don't believe in this mindset.

I'm not scared to go find a QB. Especially when my QB is not an elite talent and wants to be paid like it.

I'll pass on that deal. I'm not paying Ferrari prices for a Honda accord.

We have rewarded failure and look at how that return on investment has gone for us...

We're in trouble for awhile now because of these bad deals.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Somebody has to ask the question..whether you like him or don't. Why in the hell would he not want to leave?? I mean this team is a dumpster fire. If I were him I would be off like a prom dress. Like panties on prom night.
Out like zeke in a beauty contest.
He can't win anything here.
Am I wrong?
You win in Dallas as a QB he literally will never have to work a real job the rest of his life. Even if he doesn't as long as he has the respect of not being the primary reason why we were not losing he is set for life; 2020 has proven that. Dak retires today and will be on Monday Night Football tomorrow at 10 mil a season....

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You win in Dallas as a QB he literally will never have to work a real job the rest of his life. Even if he doesn't as long as he has the respect of not being the primary reason why we were not losing he is set for life; 2020 has proven that. Dak retires today and will be on Monday Night Football tomorrow at 10 mil a season....
Dak retires today he will regret that 1 million he gave to the Cops.
By 50 he will be broke and that home-field of his will have chickens on it!

Philmonroe

Reaction score

I'm not scared to go find a QB. Especially when my QB is not an elite talent and wants to be paid like it.

We have rewarded failure and look at how that return on investment has gone for us...

Yeah a lot of people are like the poster you quoted in general. That's why they stay with the first woman that lets them kiss her and I'm sure it shows in their choices in real life too. Why stay with just okay because I don't know whats going to happen next? That's scarred setting yourself up for average talk to me.

irving

Reaction score
I think Dak is suffering from the same apathy that Garrett instilled in the rest of the team.
I don't think Dak is the answer in Dallas, and I believe that he has become a distraction that is detrimental to the team. There is a group of players and fans alike who think Dak getting a long term deal is something that the Cowboys should adjust their performance to ensure. We saw that plainly as the Cowboys ignored Andy Dalton laying on the field after getting knocked out on a cheap shot.
Despite Dak's failures to lead the team when the season was on the line, it seems clear that his fan club sees more than his ability as a reason for him to get paid.
It's as if a certain group meant to ensure that Dalton didn't appear to do as well or better than Dak.
Dalton do as well as Dak partly
Looks like Cowboys are going in firesale mode, so Dak would be an idiot to stick around unless he's shooting for a commentator job after the game is over. He can get paid AND possibly win a superbowl elsewhere.
Looks like Cowboys are going in firesale mode, so Dak would be an idiot to stick around unless he's shooting for a commentator job after the game is over. He can get paid AND possibly win a superbowl elsewhere.
There are teams that Dak could sign with that will surely win a Super Bowl long before Dallas will. The facts show that the current front office has no clue on how to construct a balanced team. Dak would do well to leave this mess before it’s to late.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Dak retires today he will regret that 1 million he gave to the Cops.
By 50 he will be broke and that home-field of his will have chickens on it!
You clearly don't have money. Dak will get that 1 mil donation back in taxes.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

That's what you say now. How about they get the next Ryan Leaf? Oh hell, they had the next version of the former Ryan Leaf.

CATCH, you seem to forget one thing regarding the QB, it's not about him. This FO is terrible at team building. Whether they pay Prescott or not, doesn't matter. They are incompetent at building a team, they need luck and the stars to align.

irving

Reaction score
If Dak is smart, he'd plan his exit. Let someone else ruin their career while Jerry and Stephen try to play real life madden and drive this franchise into perpetual mediocrity. After 25 years of failure, you'd think they get the hint that it's time to hire a GM, but they still don't seem to be figuring it out
I agree with you completely, Dak should leave while he can. There are some here that think drafting a first round quarterback is the answer. The problem is the front office has no clue when it comes to team building, so why will the next 25 years be any different than the last 25?

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You clearly don't have money. Dak will get that 1 mil donation back in taxes.
Mr. Big Bucks is here!
You Ranching cousin?
Don't worry about what I have it's enough for myself and my family.
Poor people are human also man.....Now go count your money!

SDCowboy

Reaction score
It's a tough situation. Dallas has amazing WR's for him, but he's unlikely to ever win a championship here. If he cares more about winning, I would definitely leave for another team.

There are tons of teams who are likely a QB away from being much better than the Cowboys for the foreseeable future.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I agree. Dak shouldn't want to be a part of this crappy organization. No one should. It has lost any claim to prestige it ever had and now it just embarrasses itself week after week. I'm no fan of the mess they are now.