why would Ellis run out of bounds?

Coakleys Dad

The Re-Birth has begun.
Reaction score
why would he not follow the wall of blockers in front of him & try to score. All comes back to no killer instinct. I am happy we won but we have isssues.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
:lmao:

You got that from a 33 year old DE/OLB running out of bounds when he catches a surprise interception?

Wow.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
On his INT? IIRC, he was about to or did get tackled.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I think he peed himself because he won the pool the coaches set up for the guy who got the first INT.

He didn't want it to show.

EndGame

Reaction score
I'd sooner he did that than fumble. Outside linebackers and defensive ends aren't known for their ball handling skillz.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
From a thread in the Daily Zone:

Greg Ellis
... I thought about [scoring on the interception return], but I thought 'I'm not really made out for this right here, let me just get a couple of yards, get to the sidelines, and get out of bounds'. I figured I would take the safe road.
Personally, I think it's the best decision. After every INT I always jump to my feet yelling at the defender to lay down on the ground. It's just smart football.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
EndGame;2311576 said:
I'd sooner he did that than fumble. Outside linebackers and defensive ends aren't known for their ball handling skillz.

That's what i was thinking when he was running it back.

ChrisCanty99

Reaction score
The dude just doesn't have it anymore. In his rookie year, he was a TD machine, but now, just a whining wimp. Cut his sorry you-know-what.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;2311588 said:
That's what i was thinking when he was running it back.

Yea, I never want to see one of my defenders running with the ball. I would prefer they just lay down as soon as they pick it, just go straight to the ground.

I have seen numerous times when a guy picks it and then starts running with the ball, gets hit himself, and the fumbles the ball back to the offense. San Diego lost a playoff game to the Pats because of this.