Why Wouldn't You Start DiNucci?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CoachD, Nov 5, 2020.

1. RonnieT24

RonnieT24 Well-Known Member

1,944 Messages
    2,506 Likes Received
    I don't recall his setting his feet on any of his throws.. He pretty much abandoned all of his footwork and mechanics once the lights went on. It was too big for him.. I don't think that funky throwing motion is in any way indicative of how he actually throws the ball. It was a the equivalent of closing your eyes and slinging the ball while backpedaling. I'm sure he can do better and will.. but the coaches saw that he wasn't ready despite talking a good game all last week. It's not nail in the coffin time for him or anything.. He just needs to go back in the oven a while longer..

CowboysWillRise likes this.
  2. TheSkaven

TheSkaven Last Man Standing Zone Supporter

6,798 Messages
    5,287 Likes Received
    That´s such a ridiculous statement. The kid comes from Division 2, has no minicamps, no OTAs, no preseason, and you expected what exactly? What would have happened if Tony Romo played under the same conditions, fresh out of Eastern Illinois University?

You people are embarrassing.

kskboys and Captain-Crash like this.
  3. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

9,840 Messages
    4,785 Likes Received
    Romo talked about how he needed to sit for a while and learn the game first. Had he been thrown to the wolves in his first year, he probably would have looked like garbage, lost confidence, and it would have stunted his growth.

You just don't give the keys of the Ferrari to a 16-year old kid and expect Mario Andretti results.

Captain-Crash likes this.
  4. RonnieT24

RonnieT24 Well-Known Member

1,944 Messages
    2,506 Likes Received
    I saw Romo play up close in a couple of preseason games when he was the second and third string QB for Dallas. The main thing he needed to work on was his arm. Dude looked like he was a BP pitcher out there. Everything was off-speed with no zip on it whatsoever. Anything over 20 yards was a helicopter. Loved the moxie but could see plainly that he wasn't ready to take snaps in real games. I'm glad Parcells waited.. I bet he is as well.

5. buybuydandavis

buybuydandavis Well-Known Member

16,573 Messages
    14,339 Likes Received
    Maybe not. Da Noock seems to have plenty of confidence.

But even so, if the game is just too far above his head, he's not going to get much value out of the starts. And then the development and evaluation of the *entire* offense is hampered by a nonfunctional QB.

Play Dalton. Try to get his value up to improve the comp pick we get for him. If he can look like even a bottom of the league starting QB, maybe we get a 3rd for him. Starting QBs are paid a lot.

6. The Fonz

The Fonz Correctamundo

5,787 Messages
    7,475 Likes Received
    How is he going to learn by standing in the back ...start him sometimes you learn by mistakes in live action more than you learn from just observation and it s not like we are going anywhere as a team.

7. Captain-Crash

Captain-Crash Well-Known Member

6,719 Messages
    8,196 Likes Received
    David Carr said he was glad he didn't get to set and learn.

kskboys likes this.
  8. Furboy

Furboy Well-Known Member

14,702 Messages
    15,508 Likes Received
    Not against Pittsburgh you don't with the oline we have this year. That's putting him in a position to fail miserably.

Bullflop and The Fonz like this.
  9. The Fonz

The Fonz Correctamundo

5,787 Messages
    7,475 Likes Received
    He also might lose his confidence if you try to overprotect him.

Bullflop and Furboy like this.
  10. Furboy

Furboy Well-Known Member

14,702 Messages
    15,508 Likes Received
    I could see that. I'd start him against the Vikings after the bye. I think the Vikings are the more favorable matchup for him. He'd have an extra week to prepare for them.

The Fonz likes this.
  11. TequilaCowboy

TequilaCowboy Well-Known Member

376 Messages
    434 Likes Received
    I do agree they should play him beginning with the Vikings and going forward the rest of the season. He could be the future backup or PS. We know where Rush and Gilbert will be next year.

The Fonz and Furboy like this.
  12. Furboy

Furboy Well-Known Member

14,702 Messages
    15,508 Likes Received
    Exactly! Give him the bye week to get ready for the Vikings and shape the gameplan offensively around what DiNucci does best. I saw potential against the Eagles. Don't kill it in the Steelers game. Use the Vikings game to get a better test. That defence is much more favorable for Dinucci. You wouldn't have a rookie pilot fly the hardest routes for his first 2 flights. You'd start him on more favorable routes. Just the same, more favorable teams for DiNucci would be better.

13. Loso86

Loso86 Well-Known Member

1,280 Messages
    1,056 Likes Received
    Because they still feel like we can win the east. But not with This kid. He probably was why we didnt win last week with the D playing their best game all year statistically. So there going with a QB who knows the system more and has a nfl arm at the moment. Plus going against a defense like the steelers who's way better than Phi yeeeaaa lol

Furboy likes this.
  14. BotchedLobotomy

BotchedLobotomy Wide Right

12,061 Messages
    15,766 Likes Received
    Jerry was seduced by the sidearm

15. kskboys

kskboys Well-Known Member

24,132 Messages
    26,300 Likes Received
    Archie Manning and Jim Everett as well.

Captain-Crash and The Fonz like this.
  16. kskboys

kskboys Well-Known Member

24,132 Messages
    26,300 Likes Received
    Rush does not have an NFL arm.

17. Mk2_Cowboys

Mk2_Cowboys Well-Known Member

921 Messages
    1,362 Likes Received
    The main reason not to start Nooch is because then AT&T stadium would be short one UPS delivery driver .

kskboys and Furboy like this.
  18. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

18,329 Messages
    22,468 Likes Received
    DiNucci did nothing to indicate he deserves to start another game this year. No fan with good sense should need to be convinced of that. Ben is just a raw rookie who simply isn't prepared to face an NFL team with a decent defense. He proved as much quite recently. No rookie deserves that.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2020
  19. The Fonz

The Fonz Correctamundo

5,787 Messages
    7,475 Likes Received
    Time is too short to wait for years start him see what he can do and you will have an idea what you have in him..it is not like he never played football before

Bullflop likes this.
  20. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

18,329 Messages
    22,468 Likes Received
    I'm sure Nooch isn't someone to be starting vs. the Steelers.

We tried him out for sure. Now we know just what to expect.
    It seems like he won't be doing that again anytime too soon! :grin:

Last edited: Nov 7, 2020
    The Fonz likes this.