Wide Receiver Out

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by eromeopolk, May 25, 2022.

1. blueblood70

blueblood70 Well-Known Member

27,125 Messages
    19,615 Likes Received
    and both these dings are week to week issues nothing to see here but overreactive fans..

the coulda woulda shoulda crowds lurks until it time to jump out and be extra LOL

2. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Moderator

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    59,597 Messages
    68,790 Likes Received
    I guess Jerry best give up 5 - 1st round picks then for Deebo, to make many happy, then can start a thread to complain how dumb Jerry is for getting WR when the others will soon be healthy. :laugh::lmao:

3. CoachD

CoachD Well-Known Member

1,540 Messages
    1,547 Likes Received
    No it's not an overreaction at all if you know anything about the Cowboys it's that they get hurt a lot and it's been going on for years.

4. ESisback

ESisback Well-Known Member

10,130 Messages
    10,548 Likes Received
    Do we get hurt more than other teams? Are injuries a new thing? If a guy gets a sprained ankle in the spring, is he supposed to take it easier for a few weeks, or is his career over? Should the Cowboys say “Our #3 WR is wearing a walking boot in May! We’re toast!”

Sounds like your brain is hurt.

5. Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius Well-Known Member

751 Messages
    493 Likes Received
    Yes Jimmy was a very important part of it, but Jerry did win one two years removed from Jimmy

6. Rayman70

Rayman70 Well-Known Member

24,516 Messages
    22,784 Likes Received
    [​IMG]relax guys. Its May. BTW this is me paying homage to Ray Liota who passed away today at 67.

Daillest88 likes this.
  7. Whiskey Cowboy

Whiskey Cowboy Well-Known Member

800 Messages
    813 Likes Received
    There was a hint of sarcasm in there. Who hired Jimmy? Kinda what I was getting at.

8. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

29,867 Messages
    24,292 Likes Received
    I'd love it to force us to add a player like Hilton, but I think Dallas is far from panic mode at this point in time. And knowing us, if we did add a WR, it would be some low-rent FA reject.

9. Jipper

Jipper Well-Known Member

8,574 Messages
    14,492 Likes Received
    Or he would pull a hammy in his second practice

10. buybuydandavis

buybuydandavis Well-Known Member

20,089 Messages
    17,387 Likes Received
    Simi is roster churn. A camp warm body. They tell him to put on weight to play TE, and now they're putting him back at WR.

11. Hadenough

Hadenough Well-Known Member

7,835 Messages
    9,119 Likes Received
    Mehhh Cooper would probably be sitting there on the sidelines too. Claiming he has a foot injury he is healing from. That seems to be his go to story.

12. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

29,867 Messages
    24,292 Likes Received
    Possibly, but you can't take a swing without the possibility of striking out.

13. Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

751 Messages
    493 Likes Received
    Oh durr ! My bad

14. Coogiguy03

Coogiguy03 Well-Known Member

1,638 Messages
    2,088 Likes Received

Who didn't help us win anything big

CowboyRoy likes this.
  15. Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

751 Messages
    493 Likes Received
    RIP My Guy

Rayman70 likes this.
  16. Jipper

Jipper Well-Known Member

8,574 Messages
    14,492 Likes Received
    Agreed...but I think the point I'm making is play the odds with guys that don't have injury history.

I'd personally rsther go younger and untested but healthy than older with injury issues and proven...just my two cents which don't mean much

17. plasticman

plasticman Well-Known Member

6,122 Messages
    10,247 Likes Received
    People refer to Cooper as the quiet type.

However, if you are living the dream and your primary goal is a championship and you gave a team capable of being there, how can you not be vocal? if you are truly the competitive type then, not only do you want to win, you want to help your teammates get the same attitude. You should want to push them, motivate them, hold them accountable.

In professional sports the "quiet type" seem too much like the "don't really care" type. It's like he's totally aware that he gets paid no matter what. He might not really be that way but that is the perception.

I liked the Michael Irvin Dez Bryant type. Cooper lacks physicality. Cooper runs great routes and is an excellent technician but he's not really that aggressive.. He doesn't seem like someone who fights through tough coverage.

I like our guys and we have plenty of choices. Let's find a real gem in the undrafted. it's time for another Drew Pearson/Miles Austin.

18. CoachD

CoachD Well-Known Member

1,540 Messages
    1,547 Likes Received
    Keep the delusional theme going it's perfect for you.

19. pansophy

pansophy Well-Known Member

3,193 Messages
    3,190 Likes Received
    Cooper was usually sitting out a few weeks at this point in the year too due to hamstring issues.

20. ESisback

ESisback Well-Known Member

10,130 Messages
    10,548 Likes Received
    Ok, and you do the overreaction freakout thing!✊

Last edited: May 28, 2022