Wide Receiver Out

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
With Washington (walking boot) and Tolbert (hamstring) sitting out, coupled with Gallup's rehab for his ACL injury, it left a shortage at receiver. Second-year pro Simi Fehoko worked primarily with the No. 1 receivers opposite CeeDee Lamb.

So much for not needing Amari Cooper from Jerry Dumbo GM and Stephen hoghead VP Jones. The Cowboys WR position went from strength to big time weakness.

Cowboys will be back in the market for a veteran WR and Jerry Dumbo GM Jones only got it right one time which was the player he traded away.

I guess Jerry best give up 5 - 1st round picks then for Deebo, to make many happy, then can start a thread to complain how dumb Jerry is for getting WR when the others will soon be healthy. :laugh::lmao:

CoachD

Reaction score
The season is four months away. Relax, folks!

overreact.com
No it's not an overreaction at all if you know anything about the Cowboys it's that they get hurt a lot and it's been going on for years.

ESisback

Reaction score
No it's not an overreaction at all if you know anything about the Cowboys it's that they get hurt a lot and it's been going on for years.

Do we get hurt more than other teams? Are injuries a new thing? If a guy gets a sprained ankle in the spring, is he supposed to take it easier for a few weeks, or is his career over? Should the Cowboys say “Our #3 WR is wearing a walking boot in May! We’re toast!”

Sounds like your brain is hurt.

Rayman70

Reaction score
tenor.gif
relax guys. Its May. BTW this is me paying homage to Ray Liota who passed away today at 67.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
With Washington (walking boot) and Tolbert (hamstring) sitting out, coupled with Gallup's rehab for his ACL injury, it left a shortage at receiver. Second-year pro Simi Fehoko worked primarily with the No. 1 receivers opposite CeeDee Lamb.

So much for not needing Amari Cooper from Jerry Dumbo GM and Stephen hoghead VP Jones. The Cowboys WR position went from strength to big time weakness.

Cowboys will be back in the market for a veteran WR and Jerry Dumbo GM Jones only got it right one time which was the player he traded away.

I'd love it to force us to add a player like Hilton, but I think Dallas is far from panic mode at this point in time. And knowing us, if we did add a WR, it would be some low-rent FA reject.

Jipper

Reaction score
I'd love it to force us to add a player like Hilton, but I think Dallas is far from panic mode at this point in time. And knowing us, if we did add a WR, it would be some low-rent FA reject.

Or he would pull a hammy in his second practice

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Simi is roster churn. A camp warm body. They tell him to put on weight to play TE, and now they're putting him back at WR.

Hadenough

Reaction score

Mehhh Cooper would probably be sitting there on the sidelines too. Claiming he has a foot injury he is healing from. That seems to be his go to story.

Jipper

Reaction score
Possibly, but you can't take a swing without the possibility of striking out.

Agreed...but I think the point I'm making is play the odds with guys that don't have injury history.

I'd personally rsther go younger and untested but healthy than older with injury issues and proven...just my two cents which don't mean much

plasticman

Reaction score
People refer to Cooper as the quiet type.

However, if you are living the dream and your primary goal is a championship and you gave a team capable of being there, how can you not be vocal? if you are truly the competitive type then, not only do you want to win, you want to help your teammates get the same attitude. You should want to push them, motivate them, hold them accountable.

In professional sports the "quiet type" seem too much like the "don't really care" type. It's like he's totally aware that he gets paid no matter what. He might not really be that way but that is the perception.

I liked the Michael Irvin Dez Bryant type. Cooper lacks physicality. Cooper runs great routes and is an excellent technician but he's not really that aggressive.. He doesn't seem like someone who fights through tough coverage.

I like our guys and we have plenty of choices. Let's find a real gem in the undrafted. it's time for another Drew Pearson/Miles Austin.

CoachD

Reaction score
Do we get hurt more than other teams? Are injuries a new thing? If a guy gets a sprained ankle in the spring, is he supposed to take it easier for a few weeks, or is his career over? Should the Cowboys say “Our #3 WR is wearing a walking boot in May! We’re toast!”

Sounds like your brain is hurt.
Keep the delusional theme going it's perfect for you.

pansophy

Reaction score

Cooper was usually sitting out a few weeks at this point in the year too due to hamstring issues.