Width of username/avatar section

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
The width of the section for posters' usernames and avatars in a thread has increased for me. The space seems to be much more than is needed. And it looks odd/annoying.

Is this a problem for only me? Can I change it in my preferences (I don't see any place to change it)? Or is it a change in the board that I'll just have to get used to?

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AdamJT13 said:
The width of the section for posters' usernames and avatars in a thread has increased for me. The space seems to be much more than is needed. And it looks odd/annoying.

Is this a problem for only me? Can I change it in my preferences (I don't see any place to change it)? Or is it a change in the board that I'll just have to get used to?

Is it in every thread, not post but thread?

Sometimes I have seen someone with a Long username make everyone else's sections become larger.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Yes, it's even in this thread. There's almost half an inch of blank space on each side of my name/avatar and yours. That section is now 2 inches wide.

It's not that this is a big deal or anything. I'm just wondering if there's a way for me to change it.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AdamJT13 said:
Yes, it's even in this thread. There's almost half an inch of blank space on each side of my name/avatar and yours. That section is now 2 inches wide.

It's not that this is a big deal or anything. I'm just wondering if there's a way for me to change it.

Must have been changed with an update of sorts, I never really noticed it.

I don't think there is a way you can change it other then fixing your settings so you don't see your avatar.

But you might want to PM Reality and see.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AdamJT13 said:

The width of the left side did not increase. I simply changed it to center the contents of that area (username, avatar, etc.) so it gives the impression that it increased. I have checked though and it is the same exact width as before.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Reality said:
The width of the left side did not increase. I simply changed it to center the contents of that area (username, avatar, etc.) so it gives the impression that it increased. I have checked though and it is the same exact width as before.

Weird. I guess it just seems wider now. Did everything used to be flush left?

I tried going back into my cache to compare what it looks like now to what it used to look like, but there aren't any pages old enough in my cache.

I suppose I'll get used to it sooner or later.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I went back and reset the the change I made to compare the difference in actual width of the left block. It turns out due to padding that there was an 8 pixel difference in width (very small) total (4 pixels on each side). So, I removed the extra 8 pixels, so now it is the exact same width.

Before, the username, avatar, etc. was flush against the left side of the left block and now it is centered. That is the only difference between the two at this point.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Ha! I knew it looked eight pixels wider!

What's a pixel?