Will be interesting seeing (37yr) Witten play

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I think he will be just fine. Dont get why so many people are mad that hes back.

I’m not mad he’s back. I just wish we got someone more dynamic that threatened the entire field.

He also won’t let anyone else on the field and that’s a problem at 37.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Will still have it. Dak and him get comfy and he will be open and can be used as a primary on plays instead of a security blanket that’s working back to the QB and getting 3 yards when 5 is needed for a first down.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
What will he bring to Dallas offense?
Use on him on Goal Line instances? (Blocking Skills) or catching skills.
Can he still block like he use to?
Will 37 be too old to dish out and take punishment?
Will they hardly use him?
......and so forth.

Im excited to see him play. Maybe he was smart coming back knowing this could be our year.

Only Gates will be older at 39 if he plays.
Interesting is the word we're going for, eh?
Yeah... in some ways, yes - it will be interesting.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I think we'll be pleasantly surprised assuming coaching has learned that it's a bad idea to have him run 2-yard routes when it's 3rd and 6.

No stick routes for Witten. Keep him on the move, preferably with some angle downfield.

NorthoftheRedRiver

Reaction score
It will be fun seeing him operate near the goal line again, but it does set back the development of our young-ish TEs. (We don't need those kinds of set backs.) It's just so hard for these aging veterans to retire.

Flamma

Reaction score
......and so forth.

Im excited to see him play. Maybe he was smart coming back knowing this could be our year.

He still ran that post in the redzone from the 20 yard line pretty well. I never understood why they rarely if ever had him do that anywhere else on the field. They keep giving him that T route.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
......and so forth.

We watched him play 15 years. If that didn't give you an idea what we can expect from him then you are the definition of clueless. He missed a year, but he rested and increased his football IQ. I say we get what we got when we last saw him play. Good for an off side penalty per game, often a yard shy on 3rd down, despite being slow finds a way to get open, asset in the red zone. Sound familiar? ;)

GMO415

Reaction score
He's not going to set the world ablaze. He's an old war horse.

I'm definitely not drafting him on my FFL.

School

Reaction score
He'll help as a blocker but his lack of speed is going to be an anchor on the passing game.

Tight end is the problem spot on offense. Hate to say it but having Goedert would be nice right now.

Techsass

Reaction score
Witt averaged 8.9yds in 2017 (not 3) & 5 TDs. Before we say 5 TDs aint squat, he's averaged 4.3 TDs over the last 10 years. That includes 9 TDs in 2010 & 8 TDs in 2013, so his true average is even less. For the most part we were all singing his praises along the way.

I love all of the youth we have, but this idea that everybody over 30 sux is kind of lame. Witten isn't our primary scoring threat, but he never was.