Will Coach Garrett really turn into Landry 2

kuyyo_morro

Reaction score
Landry was accomplished as a coordinator before becoming a HC. he worked for the Giants yada yada.

Garrett never got to do the learning, he became a HC before doing his 10k hours of coach training. Similar to programmers who learn a new language, they need 10k hours of coding before starting a new one.

2014 is when Garrett has finished his training and we saw what he did with 2 rookies in 2016.

In movies language, there are beginning, middle and end. Are we at the middle of the run here now.

ShortRound

Reaction score
sMcfwSo.gif

MojaveJT

Reaction score
The thing with learning is.... you usually get better as time moves on. You improve, adapt, and get more proficient, etc.

We have good years under Garrett and then a bad year, so on..so on.

He seems like nice enough of a guy but as a coach, I honestly don’t see the consistent improvement as years go by.

mrmojo

Reaction score
Right now I'm wondering what the odds are that JG surpasses Landry's 29 year tenure?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Landry was accomplished as a coordinator before becoming a HC. he worked for the Giants yada yada.

Garrett never got to do the learning, he became a HC before doing his 10k hours of coach training. Similar to programmers who learn a new language, they need 10k hours of coding before starting a new one.

2014 is when Garrett has finished his training and we saw what he did with 2 rookies in 2016.

In movies language, there are beginning, middle and end. Are we at the middle of the run here now.

The overwhelming majority of coaches who don't achieve early in their career aren't going to. Landry is the exception, not the rule.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Landry was an innovator unlike JG.

Was about to post this word for word. Landry changed the game during his era. Garrett is stuck in the past. They are polar opposites and I don’t see Garrett developing into anything but what he is now. He has had enough time to figure out that what he is doing isn’t working but he hasn’t so I doubt he ever will.