Will Coach Garrett really turn into Landry 2

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Landry was accomplished as a coordinator before becoming a HC. he worked for the Giants yada yada.

Garrett never got to do the learning, he became a HC before doing his 10k hours of coach training. Similar to programmers who learn a new language, they need 10k hours of coding before starting a new one.

2014 is when Garrett has finished his training and we saw what he did with 2 rookies in 2016.

In movies language, there are beginning, middle and end. Are we at the middle of the run here now.

Garrett got beat by a 32 year old the other night.

How old was Mcvay when Garrett got his first coaching job? 19? 20?

How long has Garrett been in football? Look at the coaches he’s been around for all his playing days and add another decade plus of coaching experience on top of that.

He’s mediocre and stubborn. The worst combo.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Landry was accomplished as a coordinator before becoming a HC. he worked for the Giants yada yada.

Garrett never got to do the learning, he became a HC before doing his 10k hours of coach training. Similar to programmers who learn a new language, they need 10k hours of coding before starting a new one.

2014 is when Garrett has finished his training and we saw what he did with 2 rookies in 2016.

In movies language, there are beginning, middle and end. Are we at the middle of the run here now.
jg1zpsb6f841b9.png

images.jpg

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Nope. Not going tto happen. The reason is that Garrett is too stubborn to change. He talks about staying with the status quo too much. Only when he is pressured then he does something. He isn't a good coach because he doesn't adapt to changing.

RD21

Reaction score
Anyone else just start giggling when they read the thread title?
I was triggered before even reading the whole title.

"Coach Garrett". :eek: Even just seeing it in type... yikes. I've never referred to him as "Coach Garrett". I've acknowledged he's our HC but, have never referred to him with coach as a pro noun.

Coach in that form, is a sign of respect, at least to me. I continue to acknowledge he's our head coach but, I wont be calling him Coach Garrett until he earns it by playing in February. Till then, it'll be Opey, Ginger, The Clapper, Doofus, or Numbnuts.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You can feel the Garrett hate really ramping up lately and it has everything to do with him now having back to back winning seasons and knowing Landry's consecutive winning seasons record is in jeopardy.

eromeopolk

Reaction score

Yada Yada? Tom Landry Yada Yada? No Dallas Cowboys fan would ever mention Garrett and Landry in comparison with a sane mind.

He that knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool; Shun him (Ancient African Proverb).

cern

Reaction score
Einstein was only 26 when he published theory of special relativity. You have it or you don't. Garrett doesn't have it.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Let's see what Jason Garrett does with this:

"I am very positive about the future of Kris Richard," Jones said. "I think he's going to be an outstanding coach in the NFL, and I'm a part of the NFL."

With the New York Jets and Tampa Bay Buccaneers having already officially moved on from their interest in Richard, that left only the Miami Dolphins, who are now reportedly all-in on Brian Flores of the New England Patriots. That gives Jones and the Cowboys an infinitely better chance at keeping Richard on for 2019, but also the motivation to make the necessary moves in the hopes of seeing him stick around for much longer than that. Linehan was not afforded that same exuberant energy from Jones on Tuesday, and his status remains as tenuous as it's ever been in his five-year stint with the organization.

The jury is out on the offensive coordinator's future, whose name Jones never once said in the interview, and the jury in this case also happens to be the judge and executioner...

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-co...ammers-home-stance-on-Scott-Linehan-127858357

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

The last coach who was Landry-like as far as not winning a Super Bowl within his first five years with a team was Bill Cowher in 2006. You have to go way back to find another coach who didn't win a Super Bowl in his first five years with a team.

In other words, not winning within your first five years (with one team) is rare in the salary cap age. Landry did it in a different league setup where it was more common.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score

Wrong L. You mean Marvin Lewis 2.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
A pair of wildcard wins over a decade on the job and posters are seriously asking if Clappy is actually Landry reincarnated?

I just can’t take this level of stupidity.

I think I need a break for awhile before my IQ drops even further the longer I’m here.....WOW

Brax

Reaction score

unfortunately it is really more like zombie 23 he's dead and gets new life again and again by the same mad scientist, guy was a OC for 3 1/2 years, snaked WP, Became HC ,still could not compliantly run a offense so hired a OC, dumped him got a new fall guy in SL. The only qualification JG has as a head coach is his ability to say "YES sir Mr Jones" I will do that .