1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

Will Dak lead this team to a superbowl victory this season?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by J12B, May 23, 2020.

1. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer Zone Supporter

19,341 Messages
    16,920 Likes Received
    A new coaching staff is getting better. There will be a new defense but the offense is going to be mostly the same. Whacked out off season? The team has had one of the best off seasons in recent memory. Cheer up Debbie.

2. plasticman

plasticman Well-Known Member

3,130 Messages
    5,281 Likes Received
    I suppose they could have one of those "New York Giants" fluke postseasons.

It's never been the players or even the coaches that has kept the Cowboys out of the Super Bowl. The environment, culture and management decisions have always been the culprit and that won't change until.....well,,,,,you know.

If Jerry Jones could hire a HC and then just sit on the sidelines then they would have a chance. If anyone thinks that is ever going to happen hasn't been paying attention the past 25 years.

75boyz likes this.
  3. Techsass

Techsass Well-Known Member

2,420 Messages
    3,033 Likes Received
    Huh? How did you get that take?

Hmm... maybe my bad for considering training camp as a part of the off season?

4. Rockport

19,341 Messages
    16,920 Likes Received
    One of the dumbest takes ever posted here. Dak doesn’t have leadership? :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

johneric8 likes this.
  5. Kwyn

Kwyn Well-Known Member

1,221 Messages
    1,338 Likes Received
    Will our coaching staff know what to do with the team?

Will our special teams go from being the worst in the league to at least average?

Will our defense improve and be at least “good”?

Your question implies a false choice.

Football is a team sport. One player doesn’t win or lose on their own. I don’t think Troybwould have won a Super Bowl with last years team and coaching. Do you?

Maybe that would be a good follow up question

J12B likes this.
  6. plasticman

plasticman Well-Known Member

3,130 Messages
    5,281 Likes Received
    Jerry Jones is not gone.

New beginning, same old ending.

If Jerry Jones could hire a HC and then sit on the sidelines then it could happen. Anyone who thinks it will has not been paying attention the past 25 years.

75boyz likes this.
  7. Kwyn

Kwyn Well-Known Member

1,221 Messages
    1,338 Likes Received
    Russell Wilson was the highest paid player in the league.

Seahawks didn’t even make it to the NFC Chamlionship game.

They should cut him.

Here are the top five paid last year

Wilson - failed - cut him
    Roethlisberger - failed - cut him
    Brees - failed - cut him
    Brady - failed - cut him
    Foles - failed - cut him

Irvin88_4life likes this.
  8. Kwyn

Kwyn Well-Known Member

1,221 Messages
    1,338 Likes Received
    What training camp?

Techsass likes this.
  9. leeblair

leeblair Well-Known Member

1,173 Messages
    1,955 Likes Received
    No; he doesn't.
    He plays well when the team is doing well, but has yet to be the reason that the Cowboys became a better team when they were struggling.
    Watching him throw the ball into the ground on 4th down pretty much summed up his leadership skills.

Captain-Crash likes this.
  10. Kwyn

Kwyn Well-Known Member

1,221 Messages
    1,338 Likes Received
    A very good argument could be made that play calling was a major factor in how opponents schemed against our offense.

Dak can’t control the fact that this was Garrett’s offense.

Last edited: May 24, 2020
    75boyz likes this.
  11. Kwyn

Kwyn Well-Known Member

1,221 Messages
    1,338 Likes Received
    New Orleans was the top special teams unit in 2019

75boyz likes this.
  12. ondaedg

ondaedg Well-Known Member

1,581 Messages
    1,778 Likes Received
    This thread could be changed to any the following:
    1. Is Mike McCarthy going to lead us to the super bowl?
    2. Is our defense good enough to win a super bowl?
    3. Is our special teams going to improve this year?
    4. Are we going to make effective real-time adjustments this season?
    5. Are we going to be top 10 in takeaways instead of bottom 5 this season?
    :)

13. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

28,890 Messages
    3,807 Likes Received
    I actually think Dak can win a SB this year and probably next year and the year after that. He don't need any expensive other teammates and he is going to get all his money because all other teammates are just that...they can fend for themselves.

I really think that Dak can take any team in the league to a SB, he is just that damn good. Don't believe me, ask around. Sometimes when I watch him play and struggle I think to myself, why the heck can't his other teammates help the poor (well soon to be rich) guy out! He is such a great leader, why won't anyone listen to him and let him lead! smh.

Think about it...Dak can read a defense like a children's book, he can fire passes very accurately but his receivers always drop the ball trying to turn around or bend down for the catch (stupid receivers). Dak does not really need Zeke because if he really wanted to he could run the ball to open spaces while the opponent defense is laughing, I mean not looking...TD!

As far as the Cowboy defense is concerned, if they they cannot stop the other team, no problem, Dak will match TD for TD until the other team just gives up. Pay the boy, it's the Cowboys only hope for long term success. If the FO were to let Dak go, it will take this team years to recover.

14. Rockport

19,341 Messages
    16,920 Likes Received
    :facepalm:

15. 75boyz

75boyz Well-Known Member

1,431 Messages
    1,259 Likes Received
    I am unsure of where both the responsibility and accountability lines are drawn regarding
    how much of the offense was Moore's and how much was still Garrett's as I was not privy to team meetings.

I also like referencing Risen's remark that stated there were plenty of coaching staff years prior to Garrett where nothing was won either.

I don't absolve Garrett of all blame but this offseason's narrative sure seems to have moved the goalposts in such a way as to rationalize a decade's worth of futility towards just another scapegoat to explain the overall futility.
    It's a blame game hot potato that never ends.
    Defensively, Ryan to Kiffin to Marinelli/Richard to now Nolan. Offensively, Garrett to Callahan to Linehan to Moore to now McCarthy/Moore.

Not an all star list of coaches, but somewhere player accountability has to play a role in this lack of success. Usually in the NFL nowadays, the QB's role is the most influential factor in determining team success.
    Team game yes, but this position touches every single offensive snap, so in turn should hold a high standard of responsibility for all outcomes regardless of plays called or defenses faced.

16. landroverking

landroverking Well-Known Member

3,653 Messages
    1,853 Likes Received
    I feel the answer is no.
    There’s something missing in leadership.

17. Kwyn

Kwyn Well-Known Member

1,221 Messages
    1,338 Likes Received
    Would you not agree that the blame hot potato has now firmly landed in Dak’s lap?

Garrett? Gone
    McCarthy? Incoming Hero
    Dak? Greedy, no talent scrub.

The last 25 years of futility is all on him now.

Not Parcells, Campo, Phillips or Garrett

Not Quincy, Chutch, Vinny, Bledsoe, Kitna or Romo

It’s all on Dak.

starcity214 and 75boyz like this.
  18. 75boyz

75boyz Well-Known Member

1,431 Messages
    1,259 Likes Received
    I do not know the front office's thinking but I am guessing they may be feeling that in order to pay this type of contract it should be commensurate with on field success or return on investment so to speak.

Maybe, or as your earlier highest paid contract QB that should have been cut list post should not have left out the detail that your list was of SB winning QBs. All of them had led their team to a trophy and "then" got paid.

So is the organization to pay the same for less results compared to your previous post's list of SB winning QBs or will it be the so called market value type contract based on supposed potential that Goff and Wentz got as 2 non SB winning QBs.

The reasoning behind the pending contract is the latter in Daks case and I can't begin to understand as to why the Jones continue the delay in signing him if that is their thought process.

Guess that's why they're the billionaire owner and decision makers. Risk/Reward is currently being assessed and I'm sure there will be an outcome one way or another soon.

Kwyn likes this.
  19. DandyDon52

DandyDon52 Well-Known Member

11,706 Messages
    7,008 Likes Received
    [

I'll wait.[/QUOTE] KC and SF

20. black label

black label Well-Known Member

3,734 Messages
    6,346 Likes Received
    when ur a trshcan qb its tough to win a playoff game