Will defense fix the tells the Rams saw in playoffs?

HungryLion

Reaction score
Some games in the NFL are good old fashioned "Shoot outs" and our offense just can't compete in those.
Heck our defense made the playoffs for us and we just failed to keep up with the Rams scoring wise.
I mean what do some of you folks expect that our defense will hold opposing offenses in check in every game? Dream on the Ravens 2000 defenses have died and its a scoring league.
When the guns are out the fastest and more accurate will usually win out!
Where was our offense?
Same formula...Stop Zeke Stop the offense....

That’s fair, as long as you also point out the fact that our running game failed against the Rams too.

2.3 yards per carry.

That is pathetic. It’s hard to win in a shootout, when you run the ball 22 times and only gain 50 yards.

Our OL got dominated by the Rams defense.

Basically what you’re saying is. Dak didn’t play well enough to beat a team that went on to play in the Super Bowl. When his defense got its butt whipped the entire game and ran all over, and when the running game and offensive line also got their butts kicked all game long.

So yeah, Dak didn’t play well enough to overcome all that to beat a Super Bowl caliber team, on the road.

Why some people think that’s a sign of a major failure on Dak’s part. I’ll never know.

If we are assigning blame for that loss, Dak is about 5th on the list.

Last edited:

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
The Rams swear they knew what our defensive line was doing “90% of the time”. They saw signals and read the way our tackles lined up to know if stunts were coming etc. I tend to believe them considering how they ran over us at will.

Will Rod and Kris be smarter this year to keep teams from knowing our scheme as it happens?

No, if Jerry doesn't fix the interior of the DL. The first rule for any elite defense is to stop the run, if you can do that with only 4 DL you allow the LB & S to move around the field and match favorable coverage.

Need to invest in a true 4-3 NT & 3 Tech. DT

mcduff

Reaction score
The real issue that you saw New Orleans and especially New England adjust was not setting the defense and allow McVay to audible in a play.
Clearly Goff isn’t capable, Philadelphia did the same thing.
If we can see it, and I encourage you to rewatch the Rams game because you can, then hopefully they will adjust.
Additionally the tells on the DT alignment is harder to see but by the type of blocking adjustments I believe it as well.
It’s too public for them not to be aware and for the sake of their jobs adjust.