Will defenses stack 9 on the line now?

BigCatMonaco

Reaction score
Did Dez ever demand double teams?

You know just most every time in the red zone. Muiltple teams and coaches did this past season even as an aging, lost a step receiver... but you clearly know better.

BigCatMonaco

Reaction score
There’s a reason the guy has more TDS than anyone not named Gronkowski since he’s entered the league.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I dont want to be over critical .

I read a sports writer suggest defenses could more easily stack 8 or 9 in the box now without a downfield threat. It appears a legit concern.
Have a link because I thin the 8 or 9 players stacking the line is blown out of proportion.

blueblood70

Reaction score
With no threat of a reciever demanding double coverage down field?
wait! but i thought Dez was horrible and no longer needed DBL Coverage so what changed? and 9 int he box even with Dak and this WR/TE would be suicide ALL Game..stop zeke yes but going into the third year for Dak hes reading defenses better and no FN way hes not sending quick outs to Bease and Switzer and curl routes to Witten all day long and thats our new running game.. as bad of opinions as dak got here of late hes torching defenses with 9 in the box..

BTW i lie how before the season even starts you think Hurns cant draw a double and Bease even with Dez was drawing a lot of Doubles..Thompson , our draft picks..its truly mind blowing that people speculate how we will play as a unit before a real season snap even commences..

give it a break people stop using what happened during that 4 game horror show last year as a indicator for this season..its new we have a miriad of new postion coaches, some new players, and i believe dak will be better as long as Smith and Zeke are on the field..can we wait unit say game 8 to start calling for a failed season , its predraft JEEZ!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Have a link because I thin the 8 or 9 players stacking the line is blown out of proportion.
It wasn’t an entire story on it just a mention. Sorry I don’t recall who said it but it was one of the local beat writers. That’s all I read unless there’s a mention here.

Cebrin

Reaction score
Was Dez even doubled last year? LOL. Not sure he would have warranted single! (snarky remark..)
He was zoned in a manner that made a 2nd year QB afraid to throw his way. It wasn't all Dez. Watch some tape.

The Natural

Reaction score
if they are smart they will. Opposing coaches and coordinators respected Dez, contrary to the bs spewed on this board, nobody fears any of our receivers now.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
It wasn’t an entire story on it just a mention. Sorry I don’t recall who said it but it was one of the local beat writers. That’s all I read unless there’s a mention here.
Just curious.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's not necessarily a bad thing to not have a receiver doubled automatically on passing downs. Dak's strength is being able to read coverages quickly. The corollary of us not having a guy to obviously double is them not knowing who to double so often. If he's got time to get the ball there and has gotten over whatever his yips were last season, it could work out ok.

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
This is absolutely true. And anyone willing to go back and look at the tape can see the missed opportunities.

Again, there is no one, absolute cause or reason for the offensive struggles of 2017, there are several. But Prescott's own issues and struggles were certainly one of them.
The thing I picked up on Prescott is he
sorta reads half the field most of the time.
Like, there were plenty of times Dez - or Williams - were open downfield and Dak
wasn't even looking their way.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The thing I picked up on Prescott is he
sorta reads half the field most of the time.
Like, there were plenty of times Dez - or Williams - were open downfield and Dak
wasn't even looking their way.

The thing that stands out to me is a hesitancy to pull the trigger. To quickly process what he sees and make the throw. He doesn't trust guys will get open, he has to wait and see it before he reacts and throws.

In one way, it serves him well as he doesn't risk as many interceptions. In another, he misses some clear opportunities. A double-edged sword.

Swagger

Reaction score
How many points did the offense (Prescott at QB) put up against The Falcons, Eagles x 2, Seahawks and the Chargers last season?

I had a nightmare that it was 40 points in ALL five games combined with 1 touchdown thrown by Prescott yet 7 interceptions...hang on that actually happened...Oh dear God