Will defenses stack 9 on the line now?

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
If they are not demanding double coverage would that mean they all get the one on one matchup?

birdwells1

Reaction score
you do realize this is the NFL and the receivers we have are not terrible,, putting 9 on the line doesnt work if the offense adjusts for it...infact i would go so far as to say they are average to above average...if you want to say we dont have a number 1, fine i agree....but beasly, williams, switzer are all solid and any team that puts 9 on the line is going to get burned.

Dak's going to have to improve, part of the reason our passing offense was less effective last year is because DCs dared him to throw to the outside wr and he couldn't consistently.

birdwells1

Reaction score
Good grief....they did that crap with Dez on the field. Why are people still acting like we lost Megatron in his prime here?

They didn't do it out of disrespect for Dez, they did it out of disrespect for Dak imo.

birdwells1

Reaction score
Didn't Beasley and Witten get more attention than Dez anyway?

Naw that was just someone supposing that and the people that want to jump on it did. Beasley did get doubled in 3rd down passing situations more than he did in 2016 but Dez still demanded the most double teams out of all the pass catchers.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why limit to just 9 in the box? Go all out and stack all 11 in there! :eek:

Ya why not odds are Dak will either get sacked and fumble the ball or overthrow the Wr or Te....lol

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How many points did the offense (Prescott at QB) put up against The Falcons, Eagles x 2, Seahawks and the Chargers last season?

I had a nightmare that it was 40 points in ALL five games combined with 1 touchdown thrown by Prescott yet 7 interceptions...hang on that actually happened...Oh dear God

Please lies lies lies lies from a Dak Hater and Romo lover....shame on you man ....Dak is the future of this franchise!!! :muttley:

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
They doubled Beastly and singled Dez, what are we talking about did they cut Bease?:huh:

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
He was zoned in a manner that made a 2nd year QB afraid to throw his way. It wasn't all Dez. Watch some tape.
never once did I say it was all him...Dak forced throws to Dez because of his constant b******, and we all know this. Not for a second do I even hate the guy, I will actually miss his passion. The thing is Dak was a difft qb with him on the field, and constantly forced things to him which caused many of the issues.

zekecowboy

Reaction score
This is absolutely true. And anyone willing to go back and look at the tape can see the missed opportunities.

Again, there is no one, absolute cause or reason for the offensive struggles of 2017, there are several. But Prescott's own issues and struggles were certainly one of them.

Does Dallas trade up for a quarterback if one of the top tier qb's drops?

Verdict

Reaction score
With no threat of a reciever demanding double coverage down field?

Ha ha ha. The person defending Dex been able to smoke cigarettes and write novels and still he time to cover Dez. We are better without Dez. Hell NO ONE SEEMS TO WANT DEZ.

cheyennes

Reaction score
if you use 12 personal, will see 8 man in the box, with many stunts and blitzes , open the formation with 4 wr 2x2 or 3x1, a run the football.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
With no threat of a reciever demanding double coverage down field?
Wake up! We are not in 2014. Dez has not been consistently doubled for a few years now. If our coaches prepare our O line properly and our O line blocks how they are supposed to, our receivers are good enough to get open consistently.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
FYI Dez was doubled on 31% of his snaps last year IIRC, which was 7th in the league. He was behind Hopkins, Keenan Allen, OBJ, and Brown off the time off my head (according to PFF).
The eye test tells me they wasted their extra man doubling him.